Random KS Discussion

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

SpunkySix

Re: Random KS Discussion

Post by SpunkySix »

Liminaut wrote:
SpunkySix wrote:
CoffeeDrive wrote:"Rin, Calm the fuck down" - And other Rin calming quotes.
-Rins route, all the time.
Rin route Hisao kind of pisses me off most of the time.
I kind of like the guy, myself. Rin's Hisao is the most self-aware of the bunch, and the one most aware of depression being a reasonable response to his situation (instead of just being whiney and mopey). IIRC, Rin's Hisao is the one that actually breaks down into tears as to what has happened to his life. Funny, in terms of actions I think he's the least depressed out of the bunch as well.
Overall he's not so bad, but he can be such a dick to RIn sometimes. Like, I get it, she's confusing and you're frustrated, but damn, taking it out on her is not the answer.
"Spunky at his Spunkyest/Spunkiest"
"Tissues to the extreme!"
Zarys

Post by Zarys »

And now for something completely different : what is official about the Hisao's Lifespan ? I often read "unlikely to reach 30 years" (and I have see also in the Iwanako fanfic) but but I don't see where that comes and the doctor early in the prologue is not so pessimistic. (And Hisao seems a little too easily playful if his life is so short, he thinks only once or twice about the fact he will live shorter lives than most, and thinks more about his physical decline.)
"With my eternal life, I will see the world through to its end. Until everyone who won't like me is gone."
— Porky Minch

"Can you face your fears ?"
— Hanako

I speak from the noise
Souls and shapes, forever twisted
the lost voices of the damned
lure the bringer of despair
brythain

Post by brythain »

Zarys wrote:And now for something completely different : what is official about the Hisao's Lifespan ? I often read "unlikely to reach 30 years" (and I have see also in the Iwanako fanfic) but but I don't see where that comes and the doctor early in the prologue is not so pessimistic. (And Hisao seems a little too easily playful if his life is so short, he thinks only once or twice about the fact he will live shorter lives than most, and thinks more about his physical decline.)
At the age of 18, if you have an estimated lifespan of up to age 36, that would be as much as you have already lived. It looks like a lot, that 100% increment. People with Hisao's condition can stay alive a very, very long time. Equally, a sudden shock can end up killing them depending on the circumstances and the environment in which they live.
Post-Yamaku, what happens? After The Dream is a mosaic that follows everyone to the (sometimes) bitter end.
Main Index (Complete)Shizune/Lilly/Emi/Hanako/Rin/Misha + Miki + Natsume
Secondary Arcs: Rika/Mutou/AkiraHideaki | Others (WIP): Straw—A Dream of SuzuSakura—The Kenji Saga.
"Much has been lost, and there is much left to lose." — Tim Powers, The Drawing of the Dark (1979)
CoffeeDrive

Post by CoffeeDrive »

My grandfather had arrythmia of some kind, he lived until 78.

Also, Ive found another misha...
== Cyclaptop [~Cyclamate@86.90.200.214] has quit [Client Quit]
<MishaBot> Aww... I miss Cyclaptop... :(
<Retrograde> Shut up Misha, you whore
<Retrograde> You say that about everyone

Yuudachi Kai Ni Is superior ShipGirl
Zarys

Post by Zarys »

[quote="CoffeeDrive"]My grandfather had arrythmia of some kind, he lived until 78.

Cool for him, but long QT is not worse ?
"With my eternal life, I will see the world through to its end. Until everyone who won't like me is gone."
— Porky Minch

— Hanako

I speak from the noise
Potato

Post by Potato »

Zarys wrote:the Hisao's Lifespan
"the Hisao" :lol:

But Hisao will live a decent time, presumably. He doesn't exert himself too badly and he stays medicated.

His chances are better in Emi's route.
I love the interpretation of Pac-Man where he's a just a lowly worker retrieving golf balls left all over the course by the rich masters and the ghosts are all previous workers who got conked on the head and killed by incoming golf balls in the line of duty.
brythain

Post by brythain »

Potato wrote:His chances are better in Emi's route.
His chances relatively suck in Lilly's route, I'd have to say...
Post-Yamaku, what happens? After The Dream is a mosaic that follows everyone to the (sometimes) bitter end.
Secondary Arcs: Rika/Mutou/AkiraHideaki | Others (WIP): Straw—A Dream of SuzuSakura—The Kenji Saga.
"Much has been lost, and there is much left to lose." — Tim Powers, The Drawing of the Dark (1979)
Potato

Post by Potato »

brythain wrote:
I believe that's the one where he neglected his pills...
I love the interpretation of Pac-Man where he's a just a lowly worker retrieving golf balls left all over the course by the rich masters and the ghosts are all previous workers who got conked on the head and killed by incoming golf balls in the line of duty.
Zarys

Post by Zarys »

Potato wrote:
brythain wrote:
I think he learned the lesson, the most worrying is his second operation and Lilly's lifestyle (without doubt the most passive of all among the five girls; even if those of Hanako and Rin are barely better.)
Of course there is the possibility that he wants to improve his fitness for his girlfriend.
— Porky Minch

— Hanako

I speak from the noise
CoffeeDrive

Post by CoffeeDrive »

Zarys wrote:
Potato wrote:
brythain wrote: His chances relatively suck in Lilly's route, I'd have to say...
I think he learned the lesson, the most worrying is his second operation and Lilly's lifestyle (without doubt the most passive of all among the five girls; even if those of Hanako and Rin are barely better.)
Of course there is the possibility that he wants to improve his fitness for his girlfriend.
A lifestyle with Rin would be quite active I reckon, I doubt she is one to sit around long periods of time unless painting, bet she loves wandering. Im sure Lilly would be the same aswell, she seems quite outgoing, to places that would be of interest anyway.

Zarys

Post by Zarys »

CoffeeDrive wrote: A lifestyle with Rin would be quite active I reckon, I doubt she is one to sit around long periods of time unless painting, bet she loves wandering. Im sure Lilly would be the same aswell, she seems quite outgoing, to places that would be of interest anyway.
Yes, no girl is completly inactive, I don't say that, but they arent equals.
Yes, Rin may be more active than Lilly and Hanako...I had not thought of.
— Porky Minch

— Hanako

I speak from the noise
SpunkySix

Post by SpunkySix »

CoffeeDrive wrote:Also, Ive found another misha...

WAHAHA.jpg
We should start a collection of Mishas.
"Spunky at his Spunkyest/Spunkiest"
"Tissues to the extreme!"
CoffeeDrive

Post by CoffeeDrive »

SpunkySix wrote:

WAHAHA.jpg
Indeed, I have a few we could include.

brythain

Post by brythain »

CoffeeDrive wrote:
SpunkySix wrote:

WAHAHA.jpg
Indeed, I have a few we could include.
That sounds like a Mishanary position to adopt. It would entail too much prose-lite-asian though.
Potato

Post by Potato »

CoffeeDrive wrote:I doubt she is one to sit around long periods of time unless painting...
Or cloud-gazing or people-watching or chilling under a big tree...Rin is absolutely the one to sit around for long periods of time. :lol: