Random KS Discussion

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Munchenhausen

Re: Random KS Discussion

Post by Munchenhausen »

AaronIsCrunchy wrote:That horrible moment when you realise it's true :'( She could still last longer than Hisao though.
Like Zarys says, that's variable.
Plus, for all we know, Hisao could get hit by a car the day after the VN finishes.

That'd be an amusing fanfic...
Like stupid, silly doodles with no point? You've come to the right place, friend :^)
I also occasionally write oneshots. Why not have a skimread?
Miki fic? Miki fic!
---
"We are a small country full of the most stubborn bastards on the planet. You might want to rethink your actions." - Anon
Khalego

Post by Khalego »

Munchenhausen wrote:
AaronIsCrunchy wrote:That horrible moment when you realise it's true :'( She could still last longer than Hisao though.
Plus, for all we know, Hisao could get hit by a car the day after the VN finishes.

"What's the word for when you feel inside that everything is gonna be alri-"

*Hisao hit by an inexplicable train*
Khalego's Fanfic Tips
How to dispose of an unwanted character: "As much as it pains me, Lilly will just have to be trampled to death at a blind-deaf pep rally."
Rhodri

Post by Rhodri »

A freight train carrying 1000 tons of feels.
"She also ties you up to a chair. You're gonna like that. Chairs are good. Chairs are your friend."

BeeFhGhost, Jan 15th 2012.
SpunkySix

Post by SpunkySix »

Oh, well as long as she outlives Heart Attack McGee over there, it's all good. :evil:
"Spunky at his Spunkyest/Spunkiest"
"Tissues to the extreme!"
YutoTheOrc

Post by YutoTheOrc »

Khalego wrote:
Munchenhausen wrote:

"What's the word for when you feel inside that everything is gonna be alri-"

I can already see the fan art....
AussieInquisitor

Post by AussieInquisitor »

YutoTheOrc wrote:
I can already see the fan art....
Ah, yikes. Next thing we know, Rin is some distant relative of this little tyke ...

"I like trai-" *vroom*
Tha gaol agam ort, Lilly. Slàinte mhor a h-uile là a chi 's nach fhaic.

"I think I can hear SlientCook building more Sorry Corners from the remains of cooked threads to cope with the demand."
- Rhodri, 07/04/2015
Atario

Post by Atario »

Khalego wrote:"What's the word for when you feel inside that everything is gonna be alri-"

Rin: "Well, son of a bitch. Wait, when did they put a train track up here?"
NB: none of the above is a request

Mutou Gets Fired — a little one-shot fanfic I wrote
Khalego

Post by Khalego »

Atario wrote:
Khalego wrote:"What's the word for when you feel inside that everything is gonna be alri-"

Rin: "Well, son of a bitch. Wait, when did they put a train track up here?"
No, see, that's why the train is inexplicable. There's no track anywhere near Yamaku. The universe is just sick of Hisao's shit. I mean, the guy's hopping through five or six alternate realities, he's pissing off the powers that be!
Khalego's Fanfic Tips
How to dispose of an unwanted character: "As much as it pains me, Lilly will just have to be trampled to death at a blind-deaf pep rally."
Umber

Post by Umber »

Khalego wrote: No, see, that's why the train is inexplicable. There's no track anywhere near Yamaku. The universe is just sick of Hisao's shit. I mean, the guy's hopping through five or six alternate realities, he's pissing off the powers that be!
I'm finding this a lot more plausible than I should...
-An occasional art thread.
pig dissections and cadaver examinations.
ParagonTerminus

Post by ParagonTerminus »

Umber wrote:
Khalego wrote: No, see, that's why the train is inexplicable. There's no track anywhere near Yamaku. The universe is just sick of Hisao's shit. I mean, the guy's hopping through five or six alternate realities, he's pissing off the powers that be!
I'm finding this a lot more plausible than I should...
Hey, if Hisao can still pick up girls despite his inexplicably high levels of social retardedness, he's really just asking for it.

(In completely unrelated news, wooohooo finally!)
The best feeling in the world (FTL)

I am legitimately the only member of this website who unconditionally despises Kenji.
Zarys

Post by Zarys »

ParagonTerminus wrote:
Hey, if Hisao can still pick up girls despite his inexplicably high levels of social retardedness, he's really just asking for it.
C'mon, he is not so bad for a dating sim main character, and he is not much sillier and flawed than the other characters (Generaly the main girls lacks so much of empathy that he must make most of the effort or is equal to the girl, so most time you're unfair towards him; for example : Hisao and Hanako have exactly the same level of awkwardness towards each other, but strangely it's never noticed, maybe a weird case of double-standard or simply the fact tha he still has less features than the other characters and is more summarized to his actions while the girls are loved despite their flaws ?) ; Most real people are worse than him,have even less personality but aren't alone and still deserves to don't be alone. :)
Are you sure to be really better than him ? :P the only thing really idealized in the characters are the beauty of the girls (and secondarily their very good personalities, but we can always hope that people like that exist and are accessible to us :mrgreen: ) and Hisao is supposed to be quite pretty himself, and if he is drawn a little bland, can we say otherwise ? he is not athletic but is thin enough without being a shrimp and his face seems good.
And don't forget that technically he obtains only one girl, so you can't tell him an unrealistic master of romance; so a gentle guy, quite pretty who finish with a prety girl who has some reasons to love him, both tends to be ankward like many boys and girls of their age and because both have problems, this does not shock me.

Of course Hisao suffers from an intermediate characterization between the protagonist with no personality that blends with the player and a real character, and in a context where many players KS expect real characters without that kind of stuff and see him more like a bland character since he has a minimum of personnality; he is too developped to be the random protagonist without personnality who blends with the player, and too bland to be a good real character
Last edited by Zarys on Mon Sep 08, 2014 1:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"With my eternal life, I will see the world through to its end. Until everyone who won't like me is gone."
— Porky Minch

"Can you face your fears ?"
— Hanako

I speak from the noise
Souls and shapes, forever twisted
the lost voices of the damned
lure the bringer of despair
Comrade

Post by Comrade »

"Hisao the pretty"
Founder and cheif librarian ofThe Yamaku Library, A Fan Fiction Archive
Vice president of the Yamaku Book Club
Sea wrote:Comrade, as Khan Bek has convinced me to give Democracy a try.
"French are just Spanish Germans, therefore Mexicans."
An American, 2014
Zarys

Post by Zarys »

What ? even Lilly see it.
"With my eternal life, I will see the world through to its end. Until everyone who won't like me is gone."
— Porky Minch

— Hanako

I speak from the noise
Khalego

Post by Khalego »

Zarys wrote:Hisao and Hanako have exactly the same level of awkwardness towards each other
Yeah, I remember that time when Hanako tried to talk to Hisao and he totally flipped his shit, frantically spewed out an entire sentence without even separating the words, then bolted off into nowhere like a terrified rabbit.

...Hey, wait a second...
Khalego's Fanfic Tips
Zarys

Post by Zarys »

I speak at the end, when him and her have a bad first time because they don't communicate good, of course if you speak about the beginning (it's the social ankwardness about everyone, not the thing with Hisao at the end)....and is Hisao really less ankward TOWARDS her ? (deal with her like a white knight,ect...) In the good ending, they are somewhat at the same point with each other. (Of course, it's different with the others, Hanako says it herself)
Of course Hisao don't have the social ankwardness thing like Hanako, but you knows, it's the only one trait of her...so you knows that I don't speak about it.

Just for says that Hisao is not so blamish.
— Porky Minch

— Hanako

I speak from the noise