Random KS Discussion

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

CoffeeDrive

Re: Random KS Discussion

Post by CoffeeDrive »

4ls Katawa Shounen pls.

Gotta give the girls a bit of cripple love too!
== Cyclaptop [~Cyclamate@86.90.200.214] has quit [Client Quit]
<MishaBot> Aww... I miss Cyclaptop... :(
<Retrograde> Shut up Misha, you whore
<Retrograde> You say that about everyone

Yuudachi Kai Ni Is superior ShipGirl
Atario

Post by Atario »

Megumeru wrote:THERE CAN'T BE TWO GLASSES GUYS IN AN OTOME-GAME!
Especially when one of them is blind!
NB: none of the above is a request

Mutou Gets Fired — a little one-shot fanfic I wrote
SpunkySix

Post by SpunkySix »

Emi stares at the main menu of 'Forum Shounen', having finally completed the infamous SpunkySix route. She had never ventured into a VN before, but the concept of a romance with socially awkward basement dwellers seemed too curious an idea for her to simply ignore... Oh, how she found romance. A single tear rolls down her cheek and she smiles solemnly, sentiment to how emotionally draining this feeltrip was... and how suddenly aware she is that she will never meet a young man as amazing as this fictional creation.

She opens her laptop's internet browser and immediately opens the official FS Forums and creates a new thread. So much emotion flowing with every punch of the keyboard, she types one solitary sentence.

"Spunky is bestgirl"
This was too good, (and in a way, thought-provoking even) to not bring here.

I'd like to think that one day somebody said something bad about my route, and she hit maximum over-Emi in response.
"Spunky at his Spunkyest/Spunkiest"
"Tissues to the extreme!"
Munchenhausen

Post by Munchenhausen »

SpunkySix wrote: I'd like to think that one day somebody said something bad about my route, and she hit maximum over-Emi in response.
The resident Hand-Of-God, QuietChef, locks the thread because it's a silly topic. She argues that a topic consisting only of 'Spunky is Bestgirl' is not a topic, causing Emi to go into Maximum OverEmi :lol:
Like stupid, silly doodles with no point? You've come to the right place, friend :^)
I also occasionally write oneshots. Why not have a skimread?
Miki fic? Miki fic!
---
"We are a small country full of the most stubborn bastards on the planet. You might want to rethink your actions." - Anon
Broomhead

Post by Broomhead »

I'm actually imagining how Hanako would react to meeting the Hanabro legion. It'd be really really bad, I think.
Lilly = Rin > Hanako > Emi > Misha > Shizune

I'm back in action.
Zarys

Post by Zarys »

I think she would be more afraid of being a fictional character. :mrgreen:
"With my eternal life, I will see the world through to its end. Until everyone who won't like me is gone."
— Porky Minch

"Can you face your fears ?"
— Hanako

I speak from the noise
Souls and shapes, forever twisted
the lost voices of the damned
lure the bringer of despair
AussieInquisitor

Post by AussieInquisitor »

*tries to think of something relevant to add to the discussion while not completely derailing the topic as a whole*

Personally, I think the concept of a Boal-like inversion of a VN when it is the audience, rather then the heroines, who end up becoming intrinsic to the story is pretty interesting, though it might end up becoming a simple inversion of traditional VN storytelling (as well as the heroine/girl likely already or gradually becoming fully aware of who and what she is and having to deal with it).

*looks up at the facade of Yamaku as the light fades, hands dejectedly in pockets*

Of course, for some of us, there can be no 'happy endings' ... at least, not by how we'd define them.
Tha gaol agam ort, Lilly. Slàinte mhor a h-uile là a chi 's nach fhaic.

"I think I can hear SlientCook building more Sorry Corners from the remains of cooked threads to cope with the demand."
- Rhodri, 07/04/2015
Munchenhausen

Post by Munchenhausen »

AussieInquisitor wrote:*looks up at the facade of Yamaku as the light fades, hands dejectedly in pockets*

Of course, for some of us, there can be no 'happy endings' ... at least, not by how we'd define them.
Just like Saki
Like stupid, silly doodles with no point? You've come to the right place, friend :^)
I also occasionally write oneshots. Why not have a skimread?
Miki fic? Miki fic!
---
"We are a small country full of the most stubborn bastards on the planet. You might want to rethink your actions." - Anon
CoffeeDrive

Post by CoffeeDrive »

Munchenhausen wrote:
AussieInquisitor wrote:*looks up at the facade of Yamaku as the light fades, hands dejectedly in pockets*

Just like Saki
Ouch.
== Cyclaptop [~Cyclamate@86.90.200.214] has quit [Client Quit]
<MishaBot> Aww... I miss Cyclaptop... :(
<Retrograde> Shut up Misha, you whore
<Retrograde> You say that about everyone

Yuudachi Kai Ni Is superior ShipGirl
YutoTheOrc

Post by YutoTheOrc »

CoffeeDrive wrote:
Munchenhausen wrote:

Just like Saki
Ouch.
Do you want some ice for the burn? :lol:
Zarys

Post by Zarys »

It's sad but true : it's cool to show that many disabled people can have a normal life, a future,ect...but some cannot, it's also a truth of the life : people are unequal and the fate is random and meaningless, and even in a place like Yamaku they are crippled from the crippled.
It could be an interresting story, but avoid the pathos is hard.
"With my eternal life, I will see the world through to its end. Until everyone who won't like me is gone."
— Porky Minch

— Hanako

I speak from the noise
SpunkySix

Post by SpunkySix »

Munchenhausen wrote:

Just like Saki
"Spunky at his Spunkyest/Spunkiest"
"Tissues to the extreme!"
ogorhan

Post by ogorhan »

CoffeeDrive wrote:I also enjoy those type of Animes, and Chuunibyou Demo koi Shitai and the sequel where both awesome, first time ive seen the male leader not be dense as fuck half the time. I enjoyed Kaichou wa Maid-sama too, but sometimes that feel a little slow. And the male lead is effectively a superhuman.

But its a Tsundere heroine so fuck yeah.

All routes except Emis, pretty much.
Just finished watching Kaichou wa Maid-sama and yeh the lead is definitly an alien :lol:

...now wheres season 2 haha

Also im not sure if Katawa Shounen was made instead of Katawa Shoujo that most of us would be here.
しれー、しれぇー!、しれぇーってばー!ねー!、おーい、きこえてないのー?ぅおーい!

Tokitsukaze y u so cute.

Admiral of the sea and a stout defender of his kanmusu.
AaronIsCrunchy

Post by AaronIsCrunchy »

SpunkySix wrote:
Munchenhausen wrote:

Just like Saki
That horrible moment when you realise it's true :'( She could still last longer than Hisao though.
Because green eyes are best eyes.
http://ks.renai.us/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=9511 - A thread of my drawings. Don't expect a lot.

Zarys

Post by Zarys »

Yes but how long healthy ? at least if Hisao will dying 40-50 years, his quality of life is not really diminished. (and the life of those suffering from this disease is not necessarily longer, with a good time in a state worse than a paraplegic)

But the disease has many forms, it varies.
— Porky Minch

— Hanako

I speak from the noise