Random KS Discussion

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

bhtooefr

Re: Random KS Discussion

Post by bhtooefr »

For what it's worth, you're not parsing OELVN correctly, it seems.

It's (Original(ly) English Language) (Visual Novel), not Original (English Language) Visual Novel.

Basically, "it's in English and it wasn't a translation".
bhtooefr's one-shot and drabble thread
Enjoy The Silence - Sequel to All I Have (complete)
Enough is enough! I have had it with these motherfucking zombies on this motherfucking forum!
Sohtak

Post by Sohtak »

I've had an incredible urge to write a fan-fic about KS and post it here on the forums.

But at the same time, It would also mean I'd have to go into hiding if it's horrible lol
Broomhead

Post by Broomhead »

No you will not.
Edit: (Be chased into hiding)
Last edited by Broomhead on Fri Aug 08, 2014 10:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lilly = Rin > Hanako > Emi > Misha > Shizune

I'm back in action.
brythain

Post by brythain »

Sohtak wrote:I've had an incredible urge to write a fan-fic about KS and post it here on the forums.

But at the same time, It would also mean I'd have to go into hiding if it's horrible lol
Go ahead. And no, we'll still be nice. :)
Post-Yamaku, what happens? After The Dream is a mosaic that follows everyone to the (sometimes) bitter end.
Main Index (Complete)Shizune/Lilly/Emi/Hanako/Rin/Misha + Miki + Natsume
Secondary Arcs: Rika/Mutou/AkiraHideaki | Others (WIP): Straw—A Dream of SuzuSakura—The Kenji Saga.
"Much has been lost, and there is much left to lose." — Tim Powers, The Drawing of the Dark (1979)
TK8305

Post by TK8305 »

brythain wrote:
Sohtak wrote:I've had an incredible urge to write a fan-fic about KS and post it here on the forums.

Go ahead. And no, we'll still be nice. :)
I may do a fanfic of KS that picks up right after Lilly's path ends. I would end up being the guy that runs the Newspaper club that Hanako is apart of and that is how I would meet her. :3
My YouTube | My Twitter[/font][/size]<p>Currently LPing: Pokemon Diamond (NDS) / Link's Birthday DX (ZC)
SpunkySix

Post by SpunkySix »

I might be mean, but that's just me.

Roar.
"Spunky at his Spunkyest/Spunkiest"
"Tissues to the extreme!"
Megumeru

Post by Megumeru »

Give a shot, everyone has to start somewhere :D

Just remember that if you put in a self-insert OC/avatar, know that it needs to have its limitations--you don't want your character turning up into Mary/Marty Stu
They say they hate Shizune? What is this? BLASPHEMY!

SHII-HAEL!
Shizune>Rin>Emi>Hanako>Lilly
"A writer is a light that reveals the world of his story from darkness. Shapes it from nothingness. If the writer stops, the world dies with it." - Alan Wake
Yes, I write stories. Currently working on: The Haunting: A Love Story
SpunkySix

Post by SpunkySix »

Megumeru wrote:

Just remember that if you put in a self-insert OC/avatar, know that it needs to have its limitations--you don't want your character turning up into Mary/Marty Stu
See Katawako for an example of a good OC that isn't a Mary Sue.
"Spunky at his Spunkyest/Spunkiest"
"Tissues to the extreme!"
Denabu

Post by Denabu »

I posted about a month ago about re-reading some paths in this because I missed it so much even after reading multiple other VNs. (Around page 13)
I just finished Hanako and Lilly's paths again. I love these stories so much, the best part is the moral of it all. It's given at the end of Lilly's. The fact that he had a terrible past where he lost all his friends, his first love, almost his second, he felt like he was falling behind everyone. None of it matters because if it didn't happen he wouldn't be where he was that day. Walking hand in hand with his one true love. Might seem cliche to some, but man do I eat it up. Now on to different VNs!
~Once you pop, the feels don't stop~

Megumeru

Post by Megumeru »

Denabu wrote:I posted about a month ago about re-reading some paths in this because I missed it so much even after reading multiple other VNs. (Around page 13)
I just finished Hanako and Lilly's paths again. I love these stories so much, the best part is the moral of it all. It's given at the end of Lilly's. The fact that he had a terrible past where he lost all his friends, his first love, almost his second, he felt like he was falling behind everyone. None of it matters because if it didn't happen he wouldn't be where he was that day. Walking hand in hand with his one true love. Might seem cliche to some, but man do I eat it up. Now on to different VNs!
You like something FEELs heavy?

Then dig up KEY's work. Dig up EVERYTHING. (Tomoyo After is a plus too)
They say they hate Shizune? What is this? BLASPHEMY!

SHII-HAEL!
Shizune>Rin>Emi>Hanako>Lilly
"A writer is a light that reveals the world of his story from darkness. Shapes it from nothingness. If the writer stops, the world dies with it." - Alan Wake
Yes, I write stories. Currently working on: The Haunting: A Love Story
Zarys

Post by Zarys »

If my Route rating is : "Hanako Route > Lilly Route > Emi Route >> Shizune Route", will I love Rin ?
"With my eternal life, I will see the world through to its end. Until everyone who won't like me is gone."
— Porky Minch

"Can you face your fears ?"
— Hanako

I speak from the noise
Souls and shapes, forever twisted
the lost voices of the damned
lure the bringer of despair
AaronIsCrunchy

Post by AaronIsCrunchy »

Tough to say, but my immediate guess would be more likely no than yes. Hope I'm wrong though, her route's fantastic if a bit frustrating in parts :D
Because green eyes are best eyes.
http://ks.renai.us/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=9511 - A thread of my drawings. Don't expect a lot.

Zarys

Post by Zarys »

Frustrating/boring like Shizune ?
"With my eternal life, I will see the world through to its end. Until everyone who won't like me is gone."
— Porky Minch

"Can you face your fears ?"
— Hanako

I speak from the noise
Souls and shapes, forever twisted
the lost voices of the damned
lure the bringer of despair
AaronIsCrunchy

Post by AaronIsCrunchy »

Nah, frustrating due to the way people act in it. Very good though, and not at all boring :) (That said, I didn't find Shizune's boring!)
Because green eyes are best eyes.
http://ks.renai.us/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=9511 - A thread of my drawings. Don't expect a lot.

LordMarluxia
Location: My body in Southwestern Europe, my mind in Wonderland.

Post by LordMarluxia »

Well, this is a good place as any.
I just finished Shizune's path! And I was really surprised how long it was. After hearing that is was very short and forgetful, I have to disagree.

First of all, it didn't touch my insides. Some parts I found my heart racing but that was it.
I was really surprised to found out that Misha is really a lesbian, or at least bisexual, and that it wasn't something that someone just came up with on the forum.
I think that Shizune's path had the most happy moments of the three I've played. I really liked that summer trip, and that fishing scene with Lilly and Akira. I was kind of dumbfounded that Shizune and Lilly are actually kind of related. When I read that in the Sisterhood fanfic, I thought I was something the author remembered and added in, but it turns out it has some truth after all. Nice touch.

That scene with Hanako is something I wasn't expecting. I managed to hold myself though. She seemed a little less nervous and terrified, and that made me very happy.
When that part came where I had to wait for Misha and Shizune at lunch time, the game asked me what to do. I admit that the voice inside my head was screaming the whole time "Go talk to her you insensitive monster, she needs someone to do so". But I knew I couldn't, that hurt a lot. It took me a few moments to finally click on "wait".

I found the first sex scene impressive. Completely different from what I was expecting. That kinkiness is something I didn't expect from Shizune, and it felt more real and surprising because Hisao and Shinzune never really looked like a couple to me.

As I said, this path was longer, it covered the whole school year, up until graduation. I think that, while Hisao never mentions or talks about his problems with Misha or Shinzune, at least that we know of, his mortality is touched upon more often. While the ending is.. good, I feel that it leaves the reader/player with a uneasy sense of nostalgia and sadness.

And Kenji, oh shit, Kenji. I was very surprised that Kenji appears more often in this path. We get to see more of him here. I liked that. He may be completely lunatic, but deep down he is a good guy.

Unlike some people apparently, I liked Shizune's path. I couldn't really connect with her, or Misha (especially after that hairstyle change) but it was a story I enjoyed reading.

EDIT:
I completely forgot about something. The decision that marks the point of no return is, like many will know, that of comforting Misha or refusing.
There was a discussion about this some days ago, pertaining to the fact that it wasn't clear what "comforting" meant. I have to agree, if I didn't knew that choosing it would lead to a bad ending I would have probably choose to comfort her. I felt pretty bad refusing to help her.
With that said I'm going to comfort her, right now.
Reading: Kafka on the Shore - Haruki Murakami; Fractured - Karin Slaughter
Playing: Sniper Ghost Warrior 2; Far Cry 3; Dragon's Crown

Cat: "Where are you going?" Alice: "Which way should I go?"
Cat: "That depends on where you are going." Alice: "I don’t know."
Cat: "Then it doesn’t matter which way you go."