Random KS Discussion

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Kibaro

Re: Random KS Discussion

Post by Kibaro »

bhtooefr wrote:And now I'm thinking of how Clinton and Miki would interact.

"God damn, what a fuckin' gaylord. And how come he gets an awesome robot hand, and I don't?"
wow, people still use gaylord? i must be getting old :))
Atario

Post by Atario »

Kibaro wrote:
SpunkySix wrote:So, I got further today in Rin's route.
wait...what? you haven't done every route yet?:-?
Stunning, isn't it? It shocks me every time I hear it again…
NB: none of the above is a request

Mutou Gets Fired — a little one-shot fanfic I wrote
Guest Poster

Post by Guest Poster »

wow, people still use gaylord? i must be getting old :)
I think there was a rather prominent fanfic that made this Miki's buzzword and part of the fan community ran away with it.
Sisterhood: True Edition. Hanako epilogue I wrote. Now expanded with additional chapters.
bhtooefr

Post by bhtooefr »

Yep. First use of "gaylord" in a KS context: http://ks.renai.us/viewtopic.php?f=52&t ... rd#p103281 (links directly to a chapter in A pseudo-pseudo Suzu route, you might want to read it first)
bhtooefr's one-shot and drabble thread
Enjoy The Silence - Sequel to All I Have (complete)
Enough is enough! I have had it with these motherfucking zombies on this motherfucking forum!
Atario

Post by Atario »

Thank you for that; I always wondered where that came from, if not the well-known fanart image.
NB: none of the above is a request

Mutou Gets Fired — a little one-shot fanfic I wrote
Oddball

Post by Oddball »

Guest Poster wrote:
wow, people still use gaylord? i must be getting old :)
I think there was a rather prominent fanfic that made this Miki's buzzword and part of the fan community ran away with it.
I've always thought it was kinda stupid myself and have avoided using it as much as possible.
Not Dead Yet
Guest Poster

Post by Guest Poster »

Me too, especially since it's used to address a girl.
Sisterhood: True Edition. Hanako epilogue I wrote. Now expanded with additional chapters.
bhtooefr

Post by bhtooefr »

My headcanon is that Miki's a lesbian (or maybe bisexual), too, so she should know better than to call people "gaylords", but... it's Miki.
bhtooefr's one-shot and drabble thread
Enjoy The Silence - Sequel to All I Have (complete)
Enough is enough! I have had it with these motherfucking zombies on this motherfucking forum!
SpunkySix

Post by SpunkySix »

bhtooefr wrote:My headcanon is that Miki's a lesbian (or maybe bisexual), too, so she should know better than to call people "gaylords", but... it's Miki.
We have some family friends that are a gay couple, and honestly, they make way more "offensive" gay jokes than anybody I've ever met.
"Spunky at his Spunkyest/Spunkiest"
"Tissues to the extreme!"
Oddball

Post by Oddball »

Guest Poster wrote:Me too, especially since it's used to address a girl.
I was reading a story the other day where Miki called Hisao that right after they slept together.

I just couldn't help roll my eyes over that one. That is probably the single worst insult they could have used there.
Not Dead Yet
Munchenhausen

Post by Munchenhausen »

Oddball wrote:
I was reading a story the other day where Miki called Hisao that right after they slept together.

I just couldn't help roll my eyes over that one. That is probably the single worst insult they could have used there.
I think it's less of an insult and more of playful banter
like calling your boy/girlfriend a "big doo-doo head". It's so pointless of an insult that it's almost endearing
Like stupid, silly doodles with no point? You've come to the right place, friend :^)
I also occasionally write oneshots. Why not have a skimread?
Miki fic? Miki fic!
---
"We are a small country full of the most stubborn bastards on the planet. You might want to rethink your actions." - Anon
SpunkySix

Post by SpunkySix »

Munchenhausen wrote:
Oddball wrote:

I think it's less of an insult and more of playful banter
like calling your boy/girlfriend a "big doo-doo head". It's so pointless of an insult that it's almost endearing
In Hisao's case, technically it'd be true, on a certain route.

#PunsTho
Potato

Post by Potato »

Well, "gaylady" just doesn't have the same ring to it...
I love the interpretation of Pac-Man where he's a just a lowly worker retrieving golf balls left all over the course by the rich masters and the ghosts are all previous workers who got conked on the head and killed by incoming golf balls in the line of duty.
SpunkySix

Post by SpunkySix »

I just started Rin's Act 4, and holy hell, Act 3's ending was a doozy and a half. RIn destroying herself is making me sad, even though I know it'll work out, and Hisao was... kind of a dick to her. That combined with the intense, awkward sweetness of her first H scene was just a bit much. Seeing warm, generally pleasant sex or even just snuggling or sappy love talking of any kind in fiction or even real life like that always depresses me, and I know why, but I hate saying it. I'm jealous, plain and simple. I realize that I actually start getting angry during nice scenes like that, and it bothers me. I worry about myself sometimes.

Plus, that night wandering scene was ultra nostalgic for me. I didn't have too many friends growing up, and I wasn't a push-over, but I had to deal with a lot of bullying and it got to be overwhelming. A good chunk of my class was going to Boston for an eighth grade trip to celebrate graduating from middle school, and my family managed to scrap together funds to send me. Honestly, I was excited, but I was scared. I hadn't been allowed to go two blocks down the road without my parents knowing exactly where I was, let alone another state and city, and the group of people I was going with concerned me. A lot of them hated me, and probably still do to an extent, or at least that's how it felt.

Anyways, the first night we were headed to our hotel, and at some point we got close to the city and I realized how nice the lights looked in the dark, and how pleasant the late night breeze felt blowing through my hair. I just sat there silently, listening to good music from my MP3 player and staring out the window at the pretty lights. It was mesmerizing, and for one of the only times I can remember, I was able to just completely let go of all of my worries and anxieties and feel comfortable with myself. I forgot about the people around me, and I didn't know where we were going exactly, but I didn't care. It was incredible.

After that night, we did some awesome stuff. We saw the Blue Man Group live, we went whale watching, we visited a super cool science museum and we toured the Red Sox home stadium, Green Monster and all. Strangely enough, everybody was nice to me the whole time. It was like there were no cliques or social statuses for just a few days, like I was with totally different people. Kids that usually seemed to want me hurt wanted me to be with them, and we had fun. Girls talked to me. Of course, when we got back to school, everything immediately went back to normal, but for that short, odd bubble of time, I was genuinely and completely happy and liked. And that first bus ride at night, a sort of wandering into the unknown, came to symbolize that for me in my mind from there on out.

Freaking Katawa Shoujo man. I told you bastards I was done with this, but NO. YOU weren't happy with that. YOU had to go and make me experience other things, like some sort of stupid thing experiencer.

Thanks, guys. Worth it. And I mean that seriously.
FelOnyx

Post by FelOnyx »

SpunkySix wrote:some sort of stupid thing experiencer.
There needs to be a 'Best hastily made-up noun of the year' award, and that needs to win.
AlexG wrote:For a moment there I thought Marx woke up as some kind of stripper in the middle ages
BlackGoldShooter wrote:This is what happens when children don't eat their vegetables. First they start manufacturing statuettes. Next they take over the world.