Re: Random KS Discussion

Post by SpunkySix »

Ooooooooh... :shock:
"Spunky at his Spunkyest/Spunkiest"
"Tissues to the extreme!"
Zarys

Post by Zarys »

Zarys has "second degree", he is immunize to funny jokes about his waifu !
It doesn't affect Zarys... (except maybe make him laugh)

PS : I saw this video many times, but I always find the way he pronounces "Hanako" so cute. :lol:
"With my eternal life, I will see the world through to its end. Until everyone who won't like me is gone."
— Porky Minch

"Can you face your fears ?"
— Hanako

I speak from the noise
Souls and shapes, forever twisted
the lost voices of the damned
lure the bringer of despair
Potato

Post by Potato »

Zarys wrote:

PS : I saw this video many times, but I always find the way he pronounces "Hanako" so cute. :lol:
...You mean the way everyone pronounces it, because that's how it's pronounced? :lol:
I love the interpretation of Pac-Man where he's a just a lowly worker retrieving golf balls left all over the course by the rich masters and the ghosts are all previous workers who got conked on the head and killed by incoming golf balls in the line of duty.
Zarys

Post by Zarys »

Potato wrote:
Zarys wrote:

...You mean the way everyone pronounces it, because that's how it's pronounced? :lol:
Ah ? I suppose that is cuter in English than in my native language. :mrgreen:
"With my eternal life, I will see the world through to its end. Until everyone who won't like me is gone."
— Porky Minch

"Can you face your fears ?"
— Hanako

I speak from the noise
Souls and shapes, forever twisted
the lost voices of the damned
lure the bringer of despair
Atario

Post by Atario »

Potato wrote:...You mean the way everyone pronounces it, because that's how it's pronounced? :lol:
It's not that far off, but it's not quite right either. The "a" vowel is too far back, and he's hitting the "ha" way too hard over the "nako".
NB: none of the above is a request

Mutou Gets Fired — a little one-shot fanfic I wrote
AaronIsCrunchy

Post by AaronIsCrunchy »

Atario wrote:
Potato wrote:...You mean the way everyone pronounces it, because that's how it's pronounced? :lol:
It's not that far off, but it's not quite right either. The "a" vowel is too far back, and he's hitting the "ha" way too hard over the "nako".
Is Japanese a stressless language? If so, as it's made up of vowel/consonant groupings would it be pronounced as a uniform Hanako with a short 'ko', not a 'koh' sound?
Because green eyes are best eyes.
http://ks.renai.us/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=9511 - A thread of my drawings. Don't expect a lot.

Atario

Post by Atario »

AaronIsCrunchy wrote:Is Japanese a stressless language? If so, as it's made up of vowel/consonant groupings would it be pronounced as a uniform Hanako with a short 'ko', not a 'koh' sound?
As I understand it, it's not completely stressless, but not the same stress system as English, which is what he's giving it. And yeah, the O he does is also somewhat off, good catch.

https://translate.google.com/#ja/ja/%E8%8F%AF%E5%AD%90 and hit the speaker icon

https://translate.google.com/#ja/ja/%E8 ... 0%E6%B2%A2 (full name)
NB: none of the above is a request

Mutou Gets Fired — a little one-shot fanfic I wrote
brythain

Post by brythain »

It's a bit like French re stresslessness. You indicate stress in other ways.

But that said, here's more grist for the 'Random KS Discussion' mill: LINK: Japan’s ‘Moe’ obsession: the purest form of love, or creepy fetishization of young girls? — from The Japan Times, 26 Jul 2014.
Post-Yamaku, what happens? After The Dream is a mosaic that follows everyone to the (sometimes) bitter end.
Main Index (Complete)Shizune/Lilly/Emi/Hanako/Rin/Misha + Miki + Natsume
Secondary Arcs: Rika/Mutou/AkiraHideaki | Others (WIP): Straw—A Dream of SuzuSakura—The Kenji Saga.
"Much has been lost, and there is much left to lose." — Tim Powers, The Drawing of the Dark (1979)
TK8305

Post by TK8305 »

So what is everyone's favorite scene in KS? Mine would be the train rides back and forth on Lilly's route. Watching Hanako beat Hisao's butt in a card game was fun and seeing her and Lilly on the ride back sleeping stole my beating heart. <3
My YouTube | My Twitter[/font][/size]<p>Currently LPing: Pokemon Diamond (NDS) / Link's Birthday DX (ZC)
AaronIsCrunchy

Post by AaronIsCrunchy »

TK8305 wrote:So what is everyone's favorite scene in KS? Mine would be the train rides back and forth on Lilly's route. Watching Hanako beat Hisao's butt in a card game was fun and seeing her and Lilly on the ride back sleeping stole my beating heart. <3
Mine would probably be Shizune's video, actually. I think the whole thing is really well done - that, and laughing Misha is adorable. Failing that, I like the walk round the town in Rin's route.
Because green eyes are best eyes.
http://ks.renai.us/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=9511 - A thread of my drawings. Don't expect a lot.

SpunkySix

Post by SpunkySix »

brythain wrote:But that said, here's more grist for the 'Random KS Discussion' mill: LINK: Japan’s ‘Moe’ obsession: the purest form of love, or creepy fetishization of young girls? — from The Japan Times, 26 Jul 2014.
I feel like in a lot of ways he ignored the actual feelings behind the love for a character because of a clear bias. Moe characters aren't just young girls, and not everybody who likes them is a pathetic, undesirable man-child living completely enveloped by a fantasy world, as he seems to think.

As for my favorite scene, that's really hard because I like a lot of them in different ways. If I had to pick just one though, I'd go with the track meet. Seeing Emi run competitively really is something. Her qualities really shine, and Rin nails it when she says it's Emi at her Emiest. I will say that her final H scene is also a major contender, as it's the first time you see her in a happy, real love-making situation, and it's nice.
"Spunky at his Spunkyest/Spunkiest"
"Tissues to the extreme!"
Potato

Post by Potato »

My favorite scene is the one that starts with Hisao meeting up with Iwanako and ends with the end credits. 8)

Or like...That one where Lilly's eating ice cream.
I love the interpretation of Pac-Man where he's a just a lowly worker retrieving golf balls left all over the course by the rich masters and the ghosts are all previous workers who got conked on the head and killed by incoming golf balls in the line of duty.
brythain

Post by brythain »

I dreamt that Rin grew up to look almost exactly like Scarlett Johansson and Misha ended up looking (and sounding) like Sandra Bullock. It got me wondering about what the casting would look like for all of them in their middle age… :D
Post-Yamaku, what happens? After The Dream is a mosaic that follows everyone to the (sometimes) bitter end.
Main Index (Complete)Shizune/Lilly/Emi/Hanako/Rin/Misha + Miki + Natsume
Secondary Arcs: Rika/Mutou/AkiraHideaki | Others (WIP): Straw—A Dream of SuzuSakura—The Kenji Saga.
"Much has been lost, and there is much left to lose." — Tim Powers, The Drawing of the Dark (1979)
Oscar Wildecat

Post by Oscar Wildecat »

It seems that Hisao got a job at The Onion. (Or at least his fashion sense is spreading...) Also, there's this article on heart attacks. :?

EDIT: My favorite scene is Rin's final H-scene. "Hisao, you really have to stop worrying. You really have to learn to let go."
I like all the girls in KS, but empathize with Hanako the most.
"Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience." - Mark Twain
“Diplomacy is the art of telling people to go to hell in such a way that they ask for directions.” - Winston Churchill
Checkout SordidEuphemism's Logo Thread.
AussieInquisitor

Post by AussieInquisitor »

Huh, my favorite non-romanic based scene is, ironic though it may be, Shizune and Lilly's confrontation in "Cold War". It's probably one of the few times where the tensions between the two girls had threatened to REALLY boil over.

And let's face it, having Lilly back Hisao up when he asked Shizune to ease off and take a chill-pill was oddly ... well, you know. It put the fuzzies inside more then one person (in-universe and out) and I kinda found it both strange and amusing that one of the jump-off point(s) for Lilly's arc came out of a verbal/signed tit-for-tat.
Tha gaol agam ort, Lilly. Slàinte mhor a h-uile là a chi 's nach fhaic.

"I think I can hear SlientCook building more Sorry Corners from the remains of cooked threads to cope with the demand."
- Rhodri, 07/04/2015