Journey of a Non-otaku

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Aura
>has heterochromia

Re: Journey of a Non-otaku

Post by Aura »

SpunkySix wrote:I'm the type of person who could probably date a hologram
At least that makes you basically perfect KS fan material.

Anyway, a little bit of perspective if I may: it's fine to hold whatever personal conviction for whatever reasons as long as it's not hurtful, but at least for this one trying to rationalize it and argue that it'd be better if eveyone held it is pretty untenable. There are times when it's not a good idea to have sex and times when it is a good idea (KS features both!), but ever since effective contraception was invented the definitive divisor hasn't been "a relationship where both parties are completely prepared to have a child in case conception happens". You seem to liken having sex even with proper measures to something like playing russian roulette, which it isn't any more than driving somewhere in your car, as pointed above. Sure it carries risks, both known and unknown, but so does getting out of your bed in the morning. Putting sex on a special pedestal in your daily risk-benefit analysis is really questionable because of that and though I make no judgment, usually makes me suspect the conviction is born from an attempt to (poorly) rationalize some other personal feelings, beliefs or ideals.

Here's a suggestion of topic to get the thread back to things relevant to the forum so I don't have to cook it: does the lack of KS cast explicitly going through proper safe sex measures EVERY TIME send a bad message to the young and impressionable minds of our readership and did we accidentally fuck up our (unexpected) part in sex education of our audience? In narratives unimportant details are often left out and at least I didn't think it important to write about protection. However because in some scenes in KS protection is explicit and in some it's only implicit or absent, it's not illogical to interpret that the cast are behaving irresponsibly. It makes no difference if I say here that all girls are on the pill or they use condoms implicitly, because the story is the only thing that matters. In retrospect it might've been pretty funny to have the guys embarrassingly fumble with condoms more or something, and given the artists an excuse to draw an event CG that's nothing but Hisao's gorgeous dick extending across the entire screen.
<Aura> would you squeeze a warm PVC bottle between your thighs and call it "manaka-chan"
<Suriko> I would do it if it wouldn't be so hard to explain to my parents
Steinherz

Post by Steinherz »

Aura wrote:
SpunkySix wrote:I'm the type of person who could probably date a hologram
At least that makes you basically perfect KS fan material.

Anyway, a little bit of perspective if I may: it's fine to hold whatever personal conviction for whatever reasons, but at least for this one trying to rationalize it and argue that it'd be better if eveyone held it is pretty untenable. There are times when it's not a good idea to have sex and times when it is a good idea (KS features both!), but ever since effective contraception was invented the definitive divisor hasn't been "a relationship where both parties are completely prepared to have a child in case conception happens". You seem to liken having sex even with proper measures to something like playing russian roulette, which it isn't any more than driving somewhere in your car, as pointed above. Sure it carries risks, both known and unknown, but so does getting out of your bed in the morning. Putting sex on a special pedestal in your daily risk-benefit analysis is really questionable because of that and though I make no judgment, usually makes me suspect the conviction is born from an attempt to (poorly) rationalize some other personal feelings, beliefs or ideals.
I agree on all points. Also I didn't realize that mods other than SilentCook can cook threads *shot, beaten and stabbed*

Also:
Aura wrote:In retrospect it might've been pretty funny to have the guys embarrassingly fumble with condoms more or something, and given the artists an excuse to draw an event CG that's nothing but Hisao's gorgeous dick extending across the entire screen.
It's 4am (Eastern) and I laughed waaaaaaaaaaay harder than I should have at that.
I write take a look, would you kindly?
I also draw, kind of.
KeiichiO wrote:You shall now, and forever be known as, "Steinherz, The Great".
Oddball wrote:It's an obvious mistake. Both are disfigured orphans that read alot and both wear green skirts.
Silentcook
Carelessly Cooking You

Post by Silentcook »

Aura wrote:and given the artists an excuse to draw an event CG that's nothing but Hisao's gorgeous dick extending across the entire screen.
...and we got the contender for "lemons" right here, as well as the next urban legendary thing about KS and the next hot-topic not-request. You Goddamn speedboat carousel captain. :roll:
Shattering your dreams since '94. I also fought COVID in '20 and '21, and all I got was this lousy forum sig.

SpunkySix

Post by SpunkySix »

Well, thank you Aura. That makes sense, and I appreciate you stepping in here with some advice, since you entirely didn't need to.

As for the topic at hand, I really don't think it was your responsibility to teach anything. I hate when people blame fictional media for things like violence and drug use, and this is no different in the sense that it's not the creator's fault for not making everything in their fantasy world perfect- it shouldn't be. Then we get into PC Land, where Rin can't smoke and Emi can't swear and everybody has to be this ideal role model, and that's not only dumb and creatively stifling but also harmful since it puts up a false representation of the world and fails to deal with the realities in it- the very realities that help make KS special because it deals with them, or at least acknowledges them.

That being said, condoms, (and Hisao's massive wang?) probably could have made for some funny scenes, and it probably wouldn't have hurt to have them, or at least have the girls who don't have them in their scenes mention the pill in a throwaway line, or maybe in Hisao's narration afterwards instead. At this point, it's assumed, but never actually stated, (at least from what I've seen/heard so far?) and as much as that doesn't hurt the narrative and is probably fine, this is an H-game and sex is part of it, (and its handled very well across the board) so leaving out those details was maybe a little surprising if anything.
"Spunky at his Spunkyest/Spunkiest"
"Tissues to the extreme!"
Guest Poster

Post by Guest Poster »

There are two routes you haven't played yet where it's a little less implicit than that. Keep playing.
Sisterhood: True Edition. Hanako epilogue I wrote. Now expanded with additional chapters.
Atario

Post by Atario »

SpunkySix wrote:It bothers me that people value such a relatively pointless thing that amounts to a few minutes of fun so much and are so impatient that they're totally willing to throw away life-long love, probably the deepest form of friendship, just because they want it and they want it now. Without Emi, (assuming it's her path) Hisao loses his motivation to run and stay healthy, becomes depressed and lonely for who knows how long and most likely dies young. Without Hisao, Emi continues to hurt inside intensely, shuts everybody out and continues to live in denial indefinitely. They're the best thing that's ever happened to them, and you're honestly telling me that having to wait a little to fuck is worth losing that? That's crazy. It totally undermines the concept of love to me. People talk about how they'd take a bullet or do all these things for the ones they love, but keeping it in their pants for a few years is somehow over the line? I don't get it.
Imagine if your potential partner demanded that you not look him/her in the eye "for a couple of years". Is lack of eye contact going to kill you? No. But it will probably kill the relationship.
Feels Bizarre
Snerk, chortle
Aura wrote:does the lack of KS cast explicitly going through proper safe sex measures EVERY TIME send a bad message to the young and impressionable minds of our readership and did we accidentally fuck up our (unexpected) part in sex education of our audience?
I think that it was ever mentioned at all is good enough. I can just imagine the tedium of telling the story of a condom being applied being excruciating after about the third go-'round.
In retrospect it might've been pretty funny to have the guys embarrassingly fumble with condoms more or something, and given the artists an excuse to draw an event CG that's nothing but Hisao's gorgeous dick extending across the entire screen.
Shot 1: Hisao POV, erect penis fills screen from one corner to the diagonal opposite

Hisao: Welp, better get to the unrolling. Always takes so long!

Shot 2: Same shot, but with condom in place

Hisao: Whew! Geez, I wish they made these things lighter! With the size I need, the damn things must weigh a pound and half!
NB: none of the above is a request

Mutou Gets Fired — a little one-shot fanfic I wrote
brythain

Post by brythain »

In retrospect it might've been pretty funny to have the guys embarrassingly fumble with condoms more or something, and given the artists an excuse to draw an event CG that's nothing but Hisao's gorgeous dick extending across the entire screen.
Shot 1: Hisao POV, erect penis fills screen from one corner to the diagonal opposite

Hisao: Whew! Geez, I wish they made these things lighter! With the size I need, the damn things must weigh a pound and half!
Reminds me of this particular old movie intro…

HERE
Post-Yamaku, what happens? After The Dream is a mosaic that follows everyone to the (sometimes) bitter end.
Main Index (Complete)Shizune/Lilly/Emi/Hanako/Rin/Misha + Miki + Natsume
Secondary Arcs: Rika/Mutou/AkiraHideaki | Others (WIP): Straw—A Dream of SuzuSakura—The Kenji Saga.
"Much has been lost, and there is much left to lose." — Tim Powers, The Drawing of the Dark (1979)
Munchenhausen

Post by Munchenhausen »

Atario wrote: Shot 1: Hisao POV, erect penis fills screen from one corner to the diagonal opposite

All in favour of hiring Atario as Official Author of Condom Implementation?
Like stupid, silly doodles with no point? You've come to the right place, friend :^)
I also occasionally write oneshots. Why not have a skimread?
Miki fic? Miki fic!
---
"We are a small country full of the most stubborn bastards on the planet. You might want to rethink your actions." - Anon
metalangel

Post by metalangel »

Atario wrote: I think that it was ever mentioned at all is good enough. I can just imagine the tedium of telling the story of a condom being applied being excruciating after about the third go-'round.
Interrupting the H-scene for a lengthy (pun intended, why not?) description of retrieving, opening and putting on the condom would be a very realistic depiction of how it kills the mood IRL.
Mandalorian

Post by Mandalorian »

What have I done.
metalangel

Post by metalangel »

Don't blame yourself, it's how things tend to go around here.
Munchenhausen

Post by Munchenhausen »

No kidding!
You should go see the Achievements Thread :P
Like stupid, silly doodles with no point? You've come to the right place, friend :^)
I also occasionally write oneshots. Why not have a skimread?
Miki fic? Miki fic!
---
"We are a small country full of the most stubborn bastards on the planet. You might want to rethink your actions." - Anon
AaronIsCrunchy

Post by AaronIsCrunchy »

Munchenhausen wrote:No kidding!
You should go see the Achievements Thread :P
That was like this forum's equivalent of the quarry your mum told you not to go to as a crusty old man lives there, but you go anyway cos it's fun :P
metalangel wrote:
Interrupting the H-scene for a lengthy (pun intended, why not?) description of retrieving, opening and putting on the condom would be a very realistic depiction of how it kills the mood IRL.
I suppose they tried to ensure it didn't stray into slice of life territory. On the plus side, if they did then they could have made the 'comfort Misha' scene not happen :P Gives a nice time for reflection that whole process does.
Because green eyes are best eyes.
http://ks.renai.us/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=9511 - A thread of my drawings. Don't expect a lot.

Atario

Post by Atario »

Munchenhausen wrote:All in favour of hiring Atario as Official Author of Condom Implementation?
I aims ta please, within constraints. Much like Hisao's dick.
NB: none of the above is a request

Mutou Gets Fired — a little one-shot fanfic I wrote
Potato

Re: Journey of a Non-weeaboo

Post by Potato »

SpunkySix wrote:You are putting a yet to be born child at risk...
Yes, and I condemn a ton of yet-to-be-born children to non-existence every time I decide to play with myself. And you don't even wanna know how many cold-hearted chicken abortions occur in this house to supply me with breakfast. :roll:

But, I digress. What's all this talk about..Ahem..."Hisao's gorgeous dick"? God dammit Aura. :lol:
I love the interpretation of Pac-Man where he's a just a lowly worker retrieving golf balls left all over the course by the rich masters and the ghosts are all previous workers who got conked on the head and killed by incoming golf balls in the line of duty.