If you could be anyone in katawa shoujo, who would it be?

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Atario

Re: If you could be anyone in katawa shoujo, who would it be

Post by Atario »

Munchenhausen wrote:I could lose a hand, methinks.
I dunno, man. I was halfway there for a little while. Shit sucks.
NB: none of the above is a request

Mutou Gets Fired — a little one-shot fanfic I wrote
AaronIsCrunchy

Post by AaronIsCrunchy »

Munchenhausen wrote:No disability? That's boring ;)
That being said, I wouldn't want really debilitating one. 10/10 for Miki's arm, if I had a choice.
I could lose a hand, methinks.
As a very frequent guitarist, this would depress the hell out of me.
I think if I had to choose (and I wouldn't want to be in the situation that would lead to that :L) I'd lose my legs at the knees, similar to Emi. As long as I could have prosthetics, I could eventually be taught to walk and hopefully run again.
Because green eyes are best eyes.
http://ks.renai.us/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=9511 - A thread of my drawings. Don't expect a lot.

Potato

Post by Potato »

I'd be fine being Hanako. Her scars aren't all that bad.
I love the interpretation of Pac-Man where he's a just a lowly worker retrieving golf balls left all over the course by the rich masters and the ghosts are all previous workers who got conked on the head and killed by incoming golf balls in the line of duty.
AaronIsCrunchy

Post by AaronIsCrunchy »

Potato wrote:I'd be fine being Hanako. Her scars aren't all that bad.
True, although it depends on the circumstances and the disposition of the person it happens to as to how they're affected. I guess that's true in any case though. Hanako's worst problem I'd imagine (aside from the social stigma from horrific burns) would be slight homeostatic problems, which are dealable with, I suppose.
http://ks.renai.us/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=9511 - A thread of my drawings. Don't expect a lot.

Potato

Post by Potato »

AaronIsCrunchy wrote:
Potato wrote:I'd be fine being Hanako. Her scars aren't all that bad.
True, although it depends on the circumstances and the disposition of the person it happens to as to how they're affected. I guess that's true in any case though. Hanako's worst problem I'd imagine (aside from the social stigma from horrific burns) would be slight homeostatic problems, which are dealable with, I suppose.
Yeah, those are manageable...I've already got plenty of the mental trauma, so that'd be little new...
I love the interpretation of Pac-Man where he's a just a lowly worker retrieving golf balls left all over the course by the rich masters and the ghosts are all previous workers who got conked on the head and killed by incoming golf balls in the line of duty.
linkoid

Post by linkoid »

MISHA! Yummy, all the Yummy yum yumms.
Last edited by linkoid on Wed May 21, 2014 1:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Umber

Post by Umber »

Probably some teacher on campus. To get some insight on the students and have an excuse for living in Japan.
-An occasional art thread.
pig dissections and cadaver examinations.
SpunkySix

Post by SpunkySix »

linkoid wrote:MISHA! Yummy, all the Yummy yum yumms.
Wouldn't you want to not be her then?

And Umber, I like that answer. What would your longterm goal be, with the students? Enlightenment, guidance, something else, maybe?
"Spunky at his Spunkyest/Spunkiest"
"Tissues to the extreme!"
AaronIsCrunchy

Post by AaronIsCrunchy »

Umber wrote:Probably some teacher on campus. To get some insight on the students and have an excuse for living in Japan.
Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure teachers are held in really high regard in Japan. :D
SpunkySix wrote:Enlightenment, guidance, something else, maybe?
Which does mean Umber'd have to behave themselves ;)

linkoid

Post by linkoid »

Hisao, I changed my mind Hisao!
Umber

Post by Umber »

AaronIsCrunchy wrote:
Which does mean Umber'd have to behave themselves
I am hardly a plural. And even if I was, I would still manage myself (selves?) fine. It's not like I'm Ryoko Sumeragi or anything...

Long term, I would probably go for personal delight and to just help people out whenever. I've never minded having to talk in front of a group of people that may or may not have questions (I also used to tutor outside of school), and to be honest, I actually like it a lot - but apart from that fragment of selfishness, I'd love to get to know how normal the students are in simplicity.

I have a friend who's on the water polo team and the school's audition-only singing group, and he's missing a leg, and I wanted to get to know him better past all the stares he got in the halls. It could be that he's, like, six feet tall and short one limb, and one of the most athletic people I've met. I dunno. I wouldn't mind replicating the feelings of getting to know him, in somewhere like Yamaku.
-An occasional art thread.
pig dissections and cadaver examinations.
AaronIsCrunchy

Post by AaronIsCrunchy »

Umber wrote:
AaronIsCrunchy wrote:
Which does mean Umber'd have to behave themselves
I am hardly a plural. And even if I was, I would still manage myself (selves?) fine.
Haha, there was a tiny part of me that thought you might be female and I didn't want to risk it :P And I have no doubt that you would!
Umber wrote: Long term, I would probably go for personal delight and to just help people out whenever. I've never minded having to talk in front of a group of people that may or may not have questions (I also used to tutor outside of school), and to be honest, I actually like it a lot - but apart from that fragment of selfishness, I'd love to get to know how normal the students are in simplicity.
That actually does sound pretty good - as long as the 'talking in front of people that may or may not have question bit' is about something I can talk about (which if I'm tutoring I hope it would be), then that sounds something I'd like to do. I have ambitions to be a maths teacher anyway (at 18, that probably isn't a usual career path xD) so to be able to do that... yeah. It'd be cool.

Mandalorian

Post by Mandalorian »

RandomPerson wrote:"her mother gave her everything and all she does is sit crying or running away from everything."
Wait what? What did her mother give her? Did I miss something?
So given the backgrounds of all the characters which one do you think would have the best future and would you want to be after the credits role?
So far I'd say Shizune has the brightest future. She's the most confident and composed of all the characters.

But happiness is relative to each person, marginally. Her happiness is being a philanthropist, being successful and sharing her life with others, whereas Hanako would be more along the lines of just wanting to be with someone she loves. Still, in the event that Hisao would not enter a relationship with any of the other characters, Shizune seems to be the most on-track of anyone...

...well, Emi is literally on track, so I don't know if that counts.
SpunkySix

Post by SpunkySix »

Mandalorian wrote:
RandomPerson wrote:"her mother gave her everything and all she does is sit crying or running away from everything."
Wait what? What did her mother give her? Did I miss something?

...well, Emi is literally on track, so I don't know if that counts.
Hanako is such a selfish jerk for taking all that not burning to death from her mother and wasting it by crying and running away from everything even though that's not even remotely accurate. :?

And yeah, that counts. I'm partially joking, but in reality, Emi might not know what she wants to do, but she clearly loves running and is really good at it. There are a lot of scholarships for that sort of talent and motivation in sports, (including track) and the potential for a professional career even. Given a sequel, I could easily see her going down that path. If anybody had the guts to do it, it'd be her. And if it doesn't pan out, there's always seven raging seas out there just waiting for a legless fireball with the need for speed and a hankering for some serious plowing and plundering.
"Spunky at his Spunkyest/Spunkiest"
"Tissues to the extreme!"
bhtooefr

Post by bhtooefr »

Mind you, one thing that would put such a career in severe jeopardy for Emi is the Oscar Pistorius case (the one about his prosthetics, not about the one in which he's alleged to have murdered his girlfriend), which would have been going on during Emi's third year, and didn't reach a resolution until well after she would have had to make a decision about her career path. Clearly the track meets that Yamaku was competing in were not subject to IAAF rules, but university-level meets may well be subject to them.

(And, there is one fanfic on here that actually uses the Oscar Pistorius case as a plot point...)

Athletic scholarships may not have been available to her until that was resolved, which was 2008-05-16, or 1-1.5 months into university for Emi.
bhtooefr's one-shot and drabble thread
Enjoy The Silence - Sequel to All I Have (complete)
Enough is enough! I have had it with these motherfucking zombies on this motherfucking forum!