What if Misha and Hanako became best friends?

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

KrisIsLyra

What if Misha and Hanako became best friends?

Post by KrisIsLyra »

What sorts of things would they do together? And how would Shizune and Lilly react?
brythain

Re: What if Misha and Hanako became best friends?

Post by brythain »

KrisIsLyra wrote:What sorts of things would they do together? And how would Shizune and Lilly react?
Most likely shopping. And visiting hair salons.

Shizune: [I am glad you have found a new friend. Please see if she is willing to work for the Student Council.]

Lilly: "My, my. Things are going to get noisy around here."
Post-Yamaku, what happens? After The Dream is a mosaic that follows everyone to the (sometimes) bitter end.
Main Index (Complete)Shizune/Lilly/Emi/Hanako/Rin/Misha + Miki + Natsume
Secondary Arcs: Rika/Mutou/AkiraHideaki | Others (WIP): Straw—A Dream of SuzuSakura—The Kenji Saga.
"Much has been lost, and there is much left to lose." — Tim Powers, The Drawing of the Dark (1979)
SpunkySix

Post by SpunkySix »

Well... I guess it depends. How did this happen?
"Spunky at his Spunkyest/Spunkiest"
"Tissues to the extreme!"
Comrade

Post by Comrade »

Great, another "What if something happened" with no context.
A much better topic would be "Could Misha and Hanako become best friends?" Or "alternative pairs"
Founder and cheif librarian ofThe Yamaku Library, A Fan Fiction Archive
Vice president of the Yamaku Book Club
Sea wrote:Comrade, as Khan Bek has convinced me to give Democracy a try.
"French are just Spanish Germans, therefore Mexicans."
An American, 2014
d2r

Post by d2r »

Comrade wrote:Great, another "What if something happened" with no context.
A much better topic would be "Could Misha and Hanako become best friends?" Or "alternative pairs"
I'm torn on whether they could, to answer your better topic.

While Misha is friendly and non-judgemental enough, from what we've seen, not to give Hanako a lot of shit about her scars, she's also tactless enough to say something inappropriate about them regardless. Also, her loud and garrulous personality could be alienating for someone as introverted as Hanako. I can see them getting along, I suppose, but not becoming "close friends" or anything.

Though I liked brythain's take on it. :p
Comrade wrote:infinite options does not mean all options, just like that between every two numbers there are infinite numbers, but not all.

If I see that sentence anywhere I am going to send your head to your mother with a replacment order
If you like a moodier fanfic, why not try mine?
Comrade

Post by Comrade »

From what we see in the VN, Hanako does not respond well to Misha's, uhm "energetic" tone, so i don't think they'll manage to be best friends.
Hell, her only friend is deaf.
Founder and cheif librarian ofThe Yamaku Library, A Fan Fiction Archive
Vice president of the Yamaku Book Club
Sea wrote:Comrade, as Khan Bek has convinced me to give Democracy a try.
"French are just Spanish Germans, therefore Mexicans."
An American, 2014
Potato

Post by Potato »

I could see them being friends to a degree (at least regular acquaintances) if Shizune and Lilly's rivalry bullshit didn't interfere and Misha either learned to turn her volume down or Hanako quit being so skittish.
I love the interpretation of Pac-Man where he's a just a lowly worker retrieving golf balls left all over the course by the rich masters and the ghosts are all previous workers who got conked on the head and killed by incoming golf balls in the line of duty.
Guest Poster

Post by Guest Poster »

I can't easily see Hanako striking up a friendship with Misha. While Misha's friendly and non-judgemental, as has been said, her tactlessness could easily trigger Hanako's apprehensions at random.

There's also the matter of Misha standing out a lot. (even moreso than a tall blonde like Lilly) The combination of her outrageous hair style, pink hair and LOUD VOICE tends to attract people's attention whenever she's in the room. To someone like Shizune, who likes being at the center of attention and who hates the idea of being ignored, this is very, very good. To someone like Hanako, who hates attention in general and who'd rather be invisible most of the time, this is very, very bad.

I could actually see Hanako and pre-drills Misha connecting on some level, assuming Misha was less loud back then. But since Hanako and Misha have been classmates even before Misha changed her hairdo, I suppose nothing of the sort ever happened.
Sisterhood: True Edition. Hanako epilogue I wrote. Now expanded with additional chapters.
Potato

Post by Potato »

Guest Poster wrote:I suppose nothing of the sort ever happened.
Not surprising, given that their best friends both hate each other. :lol:
I love the interpretation of Pac-Man where he's a just a lowly worker retrieving golf balls left all over the course by the rich masters and the ghosts are all previous workers who got conked on the head and killed by incoming golf balls in the line of duty.
Guest Poster

Post by Guest Poster »

That didn't play a role back then. Hanako didn't even meet Lilly until a year after she and Misha first became classmates. (and even if she and Lilly had friends from the very beginning, the Lilly/Shizune feud didn't really start until presumably the 2nd year at least)
Sisterhood: True Edition. Hanako epilogue I wrote. Now expanded with additional chapters.
SpunkySix

Post by SpunkySix »

Guest Poster wrote:the Lilly/Shizune feud
Suddenly I want to see an episode of Family Feud with them finally settling their issues over a game show- Satous vs. Hakamichis.
RandomPerson

Post by RandomPerson »

SpunkySix wrote:
Suddenly I want to see an episode of Family Feud with them finally settling their issues over a game show- Satous vs. Hakamichis.
How would that work if they are related... They have cousins on the same teams in family feuds don't they?
"Ohana means family, and family means nobody gets left behind. But if you want to leave fine. Just know that I'll never forget you." - lelo and stitch

"What you talking 'bout tezuka" - Gary Coleman (RIP)
SpunkySix

Post by SpunkySix »

RandomPerson wrote:
SpunkySix wrote:
How would that work if they are related... They have cousins on the same teams in family feuds don't they?
Yeah, but I'm sure they could separate so it was like... Shizune, Hideaki, Jigoro, and whoever on her side of the family versus Lilly, Akira, and whoever on her side of the family.
poopooface

Post by poopooface »

Comrade wrote:From what we see in the VN, Hanako does not respond well to Misha's, uhm "energetic" tone, so i don't think they'll manage to be best friends.
Yeah,but Hanako goes well with Naomi, she's pretty social.
Hanako>Lilly>Emi>Rin>Shizune
metalangel

Post by metalangel »

Comrade wrote:From what we see in the VN, Hanako does not respond well to Misha's, uhm "energetic" tone, so i don't think they'll manage to be best friends.
It's not uncommon for Deaf people to be told to tone down their animated, expressive mannerisms by hearing people.