Which ending do you consider to be the most canon?

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Which ending do you consider to be the most canon?

Emi's good ending
12%
Emi's bad ending
1%
Hanako's good ending
19%
Hanako's neutral ending
No votes
Hanako's bad ending
1%
Lilly's good ending
26%
Lilly's neutral ending
3%
Rin's good ending
6%
Rin's neutral ending
3%
Rin's bad ending
No votes
Shizune's good/neutral ending
1%
Shizune's & Misha's bad ending
1%
Manly picnic
9%
Un-shown harem ending
17%

Total votes: 77

Megumeru

Re: Which ending do you consider to be the most canon?

Post by Megumeru »

Oddball wrote:Actually you meet Misha and are introduced to Misha first, so judging by your stands, the Misha bad ending is the true ending. :lol:

Although it's also worth noting that Hanako is mentioned as standing out before either Shizune or Misha are.
Misha and Shizune is one route, making it a 'package' so to say. To add, Misha is also a supporting character that plays a large role in Shizune's route. Hanako was properly introduced in the library; before then Hisao hasn't even engage in a conversation with her (she's introduced after Lilly, wasn't she? It was Shizune->Emi->Lilly->Hanako->Rin in that order of heroine introduction). Thus, Hanako standing out before Shizune is false.

You are officially introduced to the main girl when Shizune comes in--that's the first heroine you're introduced to and it is proper to end the story with the first heroine you're introduced to.

and that, ladies and gents, is why she is the 'gamemaker'.
Velitation wrote:Eh, I still think the manly picnic is the canon ending, as there is no possibility for a sequel.

Though there is one exception.
Now THAT would make me throw money to the screen. I'd buy it!
They say they hate Shizune? What is this? BLASPHEMY!

SHII-HAEL!
Shizune>Rin>Emi>Hanako>Lilly
"A writer is a light that reveals the world of his story from darkness. Shapes it from nothingness. If the writer stops, the world dies with it." - Alan Wake
Yes, I write stories. Currently working on: The Haunting: A Love Story
bhtooefr

Post by bhtooefr »

Megumeru wrote:Thus, Hanako standing out before Shizune is false.
Enter Stage Left wrote:They're probably like me and have something wrong with them, only it's just not immediately obvious. Then, I notice that one of the girls seems to be missing the thumb of her right hand. It's a little jarring. Despite the natural tendency to listen when someone's talking about you, I tune out the teacher's speech halfway through while he introduces me to the class. I notice a flash of dark hair and see that someone is looking at me. A girl with really long, straight hair that is pretty eye-catching. As she sees me looking back at her, she covers her face with her hands as if it will make her invisible. There is one boy with a cane leaning against the lockers at the rear of the class. It's weird seeing someone so young with a cane. Another girl seems to be making some weird hand motions. Sign language? She peers at me over the rims of her glasses, then goes back to whatever she's doing. She's kind of cute. So is the cheery-looking girl with pink hair sitting next to her. She's really hard to miss; I don't know how I didn't notice her the moment I walked in...
Hanako (and, for that matter, Akio Hayashi) stood out before Shizune. Of course, missing-thumb-girl stood out before Hanako... (And now I'm wondering who missing thumb girl is. I'm thinking someone who in Hisao's line of sight is to the left of Hanako, which would be Natsume, Misaki, Naomi, or Ikuno.)
bhtooefr's one-shot and drabble thread
Enjoy The Silence - Sequel to All I Have (complete)
Enough is enough! I have had it with these motherfucking zombies on this motherfucking forum!
Guest Poster

Post by Guest Poster »

This. If you go by cliché anime conventions, Hanako is the girl you accidentally collide with on your way to school on the first day and whose name you don't learn until you meet her again later that day and have the time to introduce yourself.

So if you want to be really persnickety, Shizune is the first girl you have a conversation with, but Hanako is the first girl you "meet and interact with". (only a fraction of a second apart, mind you)
Sisterhood: True Edition. Hanako epilogue I wrote. Now expanded with additional chapters.
AaronIsCrunchy

Post by AaronIsCrunchy »

bhtooefr wrote: Hanako (and, for that matter, Akio Hayashi) stood out before Shizune. Of course, missing-thumb-girl stood out before Hanako... (And now I'm wondering who missing thumb girl is. I'm thinking someone who in Hisao's line of sight is to the left of Hanako, which would be Natsume, Misaki, Naomi, or Ikuno.)
Haha, I'm pretty sure this was a bit of a gaffe :lol: As memory serves, there isn't a missing thumb girl at all.
Because green eyes are best eyes.
http://ks.renai.us/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=9511 - A thread of my drawings. Don't expect a lot.

Oddball

Post by Oddball »

Maybe somebody was just holding their hands funny and Hisao thought they were missing their thumb.

Meg, you're jumping through quite a few hoops to justify your preference there. "The first character. No not the first character you notice, the first character you interact with. No not the first character you interact with. Misha doesn't count. She's just an extension of Shizune and not her own character. No the option to deliberately CHOOSE Misha doesn't count either."
Not Dead Yet
bhtooefr

Post by bhtooefr »

And there wasn't a Mutou route, either.

Or a father route.

Or a mother route.

Or a doctor route.

Or an Iwanako route.

All of which were characters that Hisao interacted with before interacting with Misha or Shizune, and Iwanako appeared on-screen (although without a sprite), and Mutou even got a sprite.
bhtooefr's one-shot and drabble thread
Enjoy The Silence - Sequel to All I Have (complete)
Enough is enough! I have had it with these motherfucking zombies on this motherfucking forum!
Mirage_GSM

Post by Mirage_GSM »

It was Shizune->Emi->Lilly->Hanako->Rin in that order of heroine introduction.
I have not the slightest idea what criteria you'd have to apply to arrive at that order ^^°
Emi > Misha > Hanako > Lilly > Rin > Shizune

My collected KS-Fan Fictions: Mirage's Myths
griffon8 wrote:Kosher, just because sex is your answer to everything doesn't mean that sex is the answer to everything.
Sore wa himitsu desu.
Guest Poster

Post by Guest Poster »

I think you're switching some stuff around. Emi doesn't even appear until you're already acquaintanced enough with Shizune/Misha/Lilly/Hanako to go and have lunch with two of them.
Sisterhood: True Edition. Hanako epilogue I wrote. Now expanded with additional chapters.
Oddball

Post by Oddball »

Hanako's kinda odd because there's bits where Hisao is going "huh. She's interesting," "I wonder what's going on with her" "There's that girl with the scar again. I wonder what her deal is," several times before you ever get to spend any actual time with her.
Not Dead Yet
Megumeru

Post by Megumeru »

Guest Poster wrote:I think you're switching some stuff around. Emi doesn't even appear until you're already acquaintanced enough with Shizune/Misha/Lilly/Hanako to go and have lunch with two of them.
Ah, there we go.

My memory's kinda' fuzzy on when did Hisao crashed into Emi (or was it the other way around?). It's Shizune->Hanako->Lilly->Emi->Rin(?)

Or was it Shizune->Lilly->Hanako->Rin->Emi?
Oddball wrote:Hanako's kinda odd because there's bits where Hisao is going "huh. She's interesting," "I wonder what's going on with her" "There's that girl with the scar again. I wonder what her deal is," several times before you ever get to spend any actual time with her.
BUT! His first true introduction (aside from just observation) is when he met her in the library. That's the point I'm looking for.

Shizune is first introduced in the class, right after Hisao's self-introduction, Lilly's in the tea room, Hanako in the library, Emi in the hallway, and Rin in the artroom. Those scenes are the points I describe as 'first encounters'.
They say they hate Shizune? What is this? BLASPHEMY!

SHII-HAEL!
Shizune>Rin>Emi>Hanako>Lilly
"A writer is a light that reveals the world of his story from darkness. Shapes it from nothingness. If the writer stops, the world dies with it." - Alan Wake
Yes, I write stories. Currently working on: The Haunting: A Love Story
RandomPerson

Post by RandomPerson »

Megumeru wrote:
Guest Poster wrote:I think you're switching some stuff around. Emi doesn't even appear until you're already acquaintanced enough with Shizune/Misha/Lilly/Hanako to go and have lunch with two of them.
Ah, there we go.

My memory's kinda' fuzzy on when did Hisao crashed into Emi (or was it the other way around?). It's Shizune->Hanako->Lilly->Emi->Rin(?)

Oddball wrote:Hanako's kinda odd because there's bits where Hisao is going "huh. She's interesting," "I wonder what's going on with her" "There's that girl with the scar again. I wonder what her deal is," several times before you ever get to spend any actual time with her.
BUT! His first true introduction (aside from just observation) is when he met her in the library. That's the point I'm looking for.

Shizune is first introduced in the class, right after Hisao's self-introduction, Lilly's in the tea room, Hanako in the library, Emi in the hallway, and Rin in the artroom. Those scenes are the points I describe as 'first encounters'.
Technically he saw hanako first, he notes the a girl in the back before the girl with huge pink hair and drills so he must have seen her first
"Ohana means family, and family means nobody gets left behind. But if you want to leave fine. Just know that I'll never forget you." - lelo and stitch

"What you talking 'bout tezuka" - Gary Coleman (RIP)
Guest Poster

Post by Guest Poster »

Yes, Hanako's the first of the main girls he sees. He notes she's looking at him, he looks back at her and she immediately breaks eye contact and covers her face. That's before he even spots Shizune and Misha. So, in terms of first sighting/interaction Hanako's first, in terms of first introduction Misha/Shizune is first.
Mirage_GSM

Post by Mirage_GSM »

Neither.
By your definition (first words/signs exchanged) it would be Shizune->Lilly->Hanako->Emi->Rin
Emi > Misha > Hanako > Lilly > Rin > Shizune

My collected KS-Fan Fictions: Mirage's Myths
griffon8 wrote:Kosher, just because sex is your answer to everything doesn't mean that sex is the answer to everything.
Sore wa himitsu desu.
dewelar

Post by dewelar »

Velitation wrote:Eh, I still think the manly picnic is the canon ending, as there is no possibility for a sequel.
That's similar to why I voted for it - it's the only ending that's actually an ending :D.
Rin is orthogonal to everything.
Stuff I've written: Developments, a continuation of Lilly's (bad? neutral?) ending - COMPLETE!
Umber

Post by Umber »

dewelar wrote:
That's similar to why I voted for it - it's the only ending that's actually an ending.
I never thought that anything taken too literally would sound so reasonable.
-An occasional art thread.
pig dissections and cadaver examinations.