Kenji Plotting The Manly Picnic?!

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

brythain

Re: Kenji Plotting The Manly Picnic?!

Post by brythain »

Comrade wrote:
Daemon108 wrote:You ever just look back on things that you posted after being sleep deprived and think how high was I?!
I didn't you can get high on sleep deprivation
You certainly can… see here. :)
Post-Yamaku, what happens? After The Dream is a mosaic that follows everyone to the (sometimes) bitter end.
Main Index (Complete)Shizune/Lilly/Emi/Hanako/Rin/Misha + Miki + Natsume
Secondary Arcs: Rika/Mutou/AkiraHideaki | Others (WIP): Straw—A Dream of SuzuSakura—The Kenji Saga.
"Much has been lost, and there is much left to lose." — Tim Powers, The Drawing of the Dark (1979)
SpunkySix

Post by SpunkySix »

brythain wrote:
Comrade wrote:
Daemon108 wrote:You ever just look back on things that you posted after being sleep deprived and think how high was I?!
That seems suspicious... wait, is Kenji rubbing off on me?
"Spunky at his Spunkyest/Spunkiest"
"Tissues to the extreme!"
Potato

Post by Potato »

brythain wrote:
Comrade wrote:
An article about paranoia and hallucinations and no mention of anyone getting high off sleep deprivation...Neat. :P

Also, I'm pretty sure Daemon's idea of "sleep deprived" is going a night or two without. :lol:

But seriously, the girls all plotted it together. Hisao rejected all of them, man.
I love the interpretation of Pac-Man where he's a just a lowly worker retrieving golf balls left all over the course by the rich masters and the ghosts are all previous workers who got conked on the head and killed by incoming golf balls in the line of duty.
brythain

Post by brythain »

Potato wrote:An article about paranoia and hallucinations and no mention of anyone getting high off sleep deprivation...Neat. :P

Also, I'm pretty sure Daemon's idea of "sleep deprived" is going a night or two without. :lol:

But seriously, the girls all plotted it together. Hisao rejected all of them, man.
Isn't that the point of getting high? It's an indescribable experience and when you have it you can't tell the difference between hallucinations and insights and reality and oooh… I need to sleep.
Post-Yamaku, what happens? After The Dream is a mosaic that follows everyone to the (sometimes) bitter end.
Main Index (Complete)Shizune/Lilly/Emi/Hanako/Rin/Misha + Miki + Natsume
Secondary Arcs: Rika/Mutou/AkiraHideaki | Others (WIP): Straw—A Dream of SuzuSakura—The Kenji Saga.
"Much has been lost, and there is much left to lose." — Tim Powers, The Drawing of the Dark (1979)
SpunkySix

Post by SpunkySix »

Potato wrote:But seriously, the girls all plotted it together. Hisao rejected all of them, man.
And then got reincarnated into the track captain, which is why Emi is initially attracted to him, and why he is so quick to think up a cover story for why he rejects her again.

Seriously though, I will admit that even as somebody who would never want to get high, sometimes sleep deprived dreams are awesomely weird. Same goes for dreams after TOO MUCH sleep.
Potato

Post by Potato »

SpunkySix wrote:
Potato wrote:But seriously, the girls all plotted it together. Hisao rejected all of them, man.
And then got reincarnated into the track captain, which is why Emi is initially attracted to him, and why he is so quick to think up a cover story for why he rejects her again.

Seriously though, I will admit that even as somebody who would never want to get high, sometimes sleep deprived dreams are awesomely weird. Same goes for dreams after TOO MUCH sleep.
But the track captain exists at the same time as Hisao...

I sadly don't have sleep-deprived dreams. Only paralysis and hallucinations. :mrgreen:
I love the interpretation of Pac-Man where he's a just a lowly worker retrieving golf balls left all over the course by the rich masters and the ghosts are all previous workers who got conked on the head and killed by incoming golf balls in the line of duty.
SpunkySix

Post by SpunkySix »

Potato wrote:
SpunkySix wrote:

But the track captain exists at the same time as Hisao...

I sadly don't have sleep-deprived dreams. Only paralysis and hallucinations. :mrgreen:
Um... quantum physics.

And what is sleep-deprived paralysis like? I've always kind of wondered, but never tried to find out for obvious reasons.
Potato

Post by Potato »

SpunkySix wrote:And what is sleep-deprived paralysis like? I've always kind of wondered, but never tried to find out for obvious reasons.
It varies. The paralysis itself is exactly what it sounds like, just an inability to move. The accompanying hallucinations, if any, can vary. Voices are common but they whisper and I can't ever recall what's said. Usually a deepening blackness and a suffocating pressure over the entire body...I don't see anything, but I've known people who get visual hallucinations with it. There was one instance where extremely vivid visual and auditory elements (all of which I can recall in exact detail) were involved but I'm still not entirely sure that was the same sort of thing. It was less sleep-malfunction-y and more malevolent-Poltergeist-y. :lol:

It's not actually caused by sleep deprivation (it seems to be a malfunction in the brain while trying to wake up), that's just when it triggers more often for me. :lol:

Now I'm imagining if Emi or Hanako endured this...Poor things...
SpunkySix

Post by SpunkySix »

Potato wrote:
SpunkySix wrote:And what is sleep-deprived paralysis like? I've always kind of wondered, but never tried to find out for obvious reasons.
It varies. The paralysis itself is exactly what it sounds like, just an inability to move. The accompanying hallucinations, if any, can vary. Voices are common but they whisper and I can't ever recall what's said. Usually a deepening blackness and a suffocating pressure over the entire body...I don't see anything, but I've known people who get visual hallucinations with it. There was one instance where extremely vivid visual and auditory elements (all of which I can recall in exact detail) were involved but I'm still not entirely sure that was the same sort of thing. It was less sleep-malfunction-y and more malevolent-Poltergeist-y. :lol:

It's not actually caused by sleep deprivation (it seems to be a malfunction in the brain while trying to wake up), that's just when it triggers more often for me. :lol:

Now I'm imagining if Emi or Hanako endured this...Poor things...
Ah, gosh, wow. Sorry about that. I have heard reports of people feeling like they're being crawled on by a witch, now that I think of it.

And geez, don't even want to imagine the bolded part.
Munchenhausen

Post by Munchenhausen »

Potato wrote:Now I'm imagining if Emi or Hanako endured this...Poor things...
Oh sweet Christ
Imagine Hanako lying in bed with Sleep Paralysis and she just sees flames and hears screams surrounding her.

When she finally regains control she just makes a B-Line for Lilly's room...
To the fanfic writing desk
Like stupid, silly doodles with no point? You've come to the right place, friend :^)
I also occasionally write oneshots. Why not have a skimread?
Miki fic? Miki fic!
---
"We are a small country full of the most stubborn bastards on the planet. You might want to rethink your actions." - Anon
Daemon108

Post by Daemon108 »

I've had sleep paralysis before from literally just laying down and keeping mind active by thinking of just random things like whats better McDonald's or Burger King and not moving an inch with my eyes closed.And to me it did feel like like someone was just pressing down on you, but other than that I've never gotten farther. I've always wanted to try lucid dreaming and if i'm correct i believe what I stated before can lead to lucid dreaming. I Dunno.
Munchenhausen

Post by Munchenhausen »

Now I dunno if Hanako striving for Lucid Dreaming is sadder than her suffering sleep paralysis...
For during Lilly's Route, it is the only way she can be with Hisao... In her dreams...

to the fanart desk
Like stupid, silly doodles with no point? You've come to the right place, friend :^)
Miki fic? Miki fic!
---
"We are a small country full of the most stubborn bastards on the planet. You might want to rethink your actions." - Anon
SpunkySix

Post by SpunkySix »

Munchenhausen wrote:Now I dunno if Hanako striving for Lucid Dreaming is sadder than her suffering sleep paralysis...
For during Lilly's Route, it is the only way she can be with Hisao... In her dreams...

to the fanart desk
Aw, stop that. I can't even handle that. Hanako is too cute to be sad. Plus, the feeling is too relatable.

No, not for Hisao. He can keep his sweater vest away from me.

I have gotten pretty close to lucid dreaming before. I've kept a log of all of my dreams for about a year now, and after 84 recorded they've become much more detailed and lengthy, and I've almost gained full control a couple of times. Gone from a single paragraph to text that extends for almost a full page. I haven't had time lately, but when school lets out in a week or so, I want to start back up again and see if I can do it. That could be an amazing experience.

My own little world, even...
Munchenhausen

Post by Munchenhausen »

SpunkySix wrote: I have gotten pretty close to lucid dreaming before. I've kept a log of all of my dreams for about a year now, and after 84 recorded they've become much more detailed and lengthy, and I've almost gained full control a couple of times. Gone from a single paragraph to text that extends for almost a full page. I haven't had time lately, but when school lets out in a week or so, I want to start back up again and see if I can do it. That could be an amazing experience.

I went tgrough a period of trying to Lucid Dream, and I actually managed it once.
Just once.
And you know what happened?
I got so excited I accidentally woke myself up.
FML
Miki fic? Miki fic!
---
SpunkySix

Post by SpunkySix »

Munchenhausen wrote:
SpunkySix wrote: I have gotten pretty close to lucid dreaming before. I've kept a log of all of my dreams for about a year now, and after 84 recorded they've become much more detailed and lengthy, and I've almost gained full control a couple of times. Gone from a single paragraph to text that extends for almost a full page. I haven't had time lately, but when school lets out in a week or so, I want to start back up again and see if I can do it. That could be an amazing experience.

I went tgrough a period of trying to Lucid Dream, and I actually managed it once.
Just once.
And you know what happened?
I got so excited I accidentally woke myself up.
FML
Oh, that's rough. I hear the first time is the hardest though, so you could conceivably make it back.