Favourite artworks - reprise.

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

AaronIsCrunchy

Re: Favourite artworks - reprise.

Post by AaronIsCrunchy »

SpunkySix wrote:
AaronIsCrunchy wrote:
I think Shizune's my favourite one here, though Hanako's pretty adorable.

That second picture though... did you watch the video Atario posted about the Uncanny Valley with the creepy 'I feel fantastic' mannequin? Their faces remind me of that... and I don't like it :'(
But they make me feel fantastic. You too could feel fantastic. Come. Join Us. You'll never want to leave.

Really though, I see that now that I'm looking for it. And with the top one, I picked it out because it reminds me of an arcade beat 'em up character select screen. Shizune does have a nice pose... still know my favorite though.
Haha, usually I would agree with you :P But this one time, I'm going to have to go down another route entirely.

That Hanako drawing is glorious, I feel it's probably a reference to something but just on artistic grounds, I really like it :D
Because green eyes are best eyes.
http://ks.renai.us/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=9511 - A thread of my drawings. Don't expect a lot.

Munchenhausen

Post by Munchenhausen »

SpunkySix wrote: [Main Girls].jpg
Awwh, that's nice. I do like the art style and the...
SpunkySix wrote:Emi and Rin.jpg
OH SWEET GOD KILL IT WITH FIRE
Like stupid, silly doodles with no point? You've come to the right place, friend :^)
I also occasionally write oneshots. Why not have a skimread?
Miki fic? Miki fic!
---
"We are a small country full of the most stubborn bastards on the planet. You might want to rethink your actions." - Anon
KeiichiO

Post by KeiichiO »

Munchenhausen wrote:
SpunkySix wrote:Emi and Rin.jpg
OH SWEET GOD KILL IT WITH FIRE
I know, right? Like, what even was the artist trying to portray in that piece?? Nightmares, probably.
Oddball

Post by Oddball »

KSvengers.jpg
KSvengers.jpg (107.1 KiB) Viewed 3742 times
Not Dead Yet
SpunkySix

Post by SpunkySix »

Everything about that is amazing, although Misha/Thor is slightly unsettling to look at.
"Spunky at his Spunkyest/Spunkiest"
"Tissues to the extreme!"
d2r

Post by d2r »

Oddball wrote:
KSvengers.jpg
This is amazing. :lol:

Did you make this yourself?
Comrade wrote:infinite options does not mean all options, just like that between every two numbers there are infinite numbers, but not all.

If I see that sentence anywhere I am going to send your head to your mother with a replacment order
If you like a moodier fanfic, why not try mine?
Oddball

Post by Oddball »

No. It's something I found.

I had a similiar idea, but I was going to use different characters for the roles.
Not Dead Yet
AaronIsCrunchy

Post by AaronIsCrunchy »

Oddball wrote:KSvengers.jpg
Would've improved that film significantly :lol:
Justice League version could've been interesting...

Lilly - Wonder Woman (womanly, 'Amazonian')
Emi - The Flash (speed)
Shizune - Green Lantern (intelligence)
Hanako - Martian Manhunter (due to invisibility)
Rin - Superman (has to adjust to humans)
Kenji - Batman (gadgets and shiet)
Mutou - Aquaman (cos why the hell not? Someone's gotta do it :L)
http://ks.renai.us/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=9511 - A thread of my drawings. Don't expect a lot.

SpunkySix

Post by SpunkySix »

AaronIsCrunchy wrote:
Oddball wrote:KSvengers.jpg
Rin - Superman (has to adjust to humans)
"Super or otherwise, you're merely a cripple, and I, am a god!" Darkmiya boasted, slamming Superrin down on to his knee and nearly shattering her spine, eliciting a shout of pain before sending her rolling to the floor. She stood up, slowly but defiantly, only to be abruptly knocked down once again with a punch to the chest. The Legless Blur saw this as her chance to attack, and emerged from the shadows to deliver a sharp blow to the back of Darkmiya's head.

"You still try to fight?" Darkmiya asked, amazed at the puny one's persistence. He grabbed at one of her twintails and slammed her to the floor effortlessly. "Can't you see that it's hopeless?" he continued, turning to the side in disgust. What he saw caused his eyes to go wide. Superrin was flying toward him with a renewed vigor, and her foot connected with his face before he could react, sending him flying backwards with a yelp. She then kicked Darkmiya hard enough to make him stumble backwards into a nearby wall, at which point she grabbed his neck with one foot and began to choke him.

"That girl probably won't stop fighting as long as she can still draw a breath- I think. At least, I've never seen her stop. Legless Blur, have you ever stopped fighting before?" Superrin questioned, a single eyebrow raised.

"No, Superrin, I've never stopped fighting." The Legless Blur responded, face palming.

"See, she'll never stop, and neither will any of my teammates. Me though? I've got a different problem. Sometimes I have a hard time talking to people, or saying what I mean to say, which is tough, y'know, because people expect that. What was I saying again?" Superrin inquired, looking around for inspiration as Darkmiya gave a confused shrug. "Right! Cardboard. From my perspective, sometimes everything looks like cardboard. It's breakable, and stuff. See?" she explained, exemplifying what she meant by blasting Darkmiya through the wall with several kicks that matched the force of a mack truck.

"I always have to be careful not to break stuff, or to break people, because I'm really strong. That's my power." she continued, stepping through the hole she had made in the wall with Darkmiya's body. "I can never just relax, I always have to think, and I can't stop to wonder about snails or being upside down, not even for a moment, or somebody could die". Darkmiya had had enough of this, and stood up, swinging his fist in Superrin's direction as hard as she could. With a well-placed knee, the blow was blocked, and with another, Darkmiya was thrown into the air yet again.

"You look like you're pretty tough though," Superrin commented, an edge of confidence in her voice. "So, what we have here, is one of the only times I'll ever get to just take a deep breath, stop thinking so hard about everything and making it all confusing and jumbled up in my head, and clearly communicate to somebody just how powerful I really am. Also fuck you and your art show". With that, Superrin swung her left leg backward, rolled out her ankle, tightened her muscles, and delivered a super-charged kick to Darkmiya's face, breaking it in over 9,000 places and sending him through the roof of Yamaku and then all the way to the moon as the students around her cheered.

"Hey, Aquamutou? Batmanly Man? Green Glasses? Hanako Manhunter? Anybody? Is Darkmiya still around? I haven't felt any vibrations from over here lately and I'm starting to freak out a little" Wonder Scottswoman said from across the hall, causing everybody around to laugh heartily before realizing how rude that was and that maybe they should actually help her and tell her what was going on instead of being dicks.

ART:

AaronIsCrunchy

Post by AaronIsCrunchy »

That was... mindblowing. Would definitely make into a film.

SpunkySix

Post by SpunkySix »

AaronIsCrunchy wrote:That was... mindblowing. Would definitely make into a film.
Yay, thanks~
AaronIsCrunchy

Post by AaronIsCrunchy »

http://shimmie.katawa-shoujo.com/post/view/2670
http://th07.deviantart.net/fs71/PRE/f/2 ... 4zu5zv.png

These two I've linked as opposed to posted to compensate for sheer size. Pretty sure the Hanako one is from an artbook, and I think Yuuko has been drawn to look stunning in the other (even with nervous twitch in right eye :lol: )

THANKFULLY, here's a beaut that won't take up two monitor screens in one go...

RIN UNLEASHING THE THUNDER ON A BEAR. MASTERFUL.

SpunkySix

Post by SpunkySix »

That bear one is one of my favorites, just because I like to imagine all of the things that would lead to such a scenario. The Hanako one looks really sad as opposed to shy, for some reason, and it bummed me out slightly.

And what do you mean even with the eye twitch? Don't you mean especially because of the eye twitch?
Potato

Post by Potato »

^ Not pictured: Jigoro raging that Rin stole his kill. :lol:

I love the interpretation of Pac-Man where he's a just a lowly worker retrieving golf balls left all over the course by the rich masters and the ghosts are all previous workers who got conked on the head and killed by incoming golf balls in the line of duty.
AaronIsCrunchy

Post by AaronIsCrunchy »

SpunkySix wrote:That bear one is one of my favorites, just because I like to imagine all of the things that would lead to such a scenario. The Hanako one looks really sad as opposed to shy, for some reason, and it bummed me out slightly.

And what do you mean even with the eye twitch? Don't you mean especially because of the eye twitch?
Perhaps she's a secret hunting partner with Jigoro? o.O And I think the Hanako one is better as she does look really sad - I dunno if she gets SAD (as in seasonal affective disorder) but given it's part of a winter book it just seems... appropriate. Like, necessarily cold.

You could be right on the Yuuko front xD I know I'd like to be right on Yuuko's front I mean what?