Favourite artworks - reprise.

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

SpunkySix

Re: Favourite artworks - reprise.

Post by SpunkySix »

I love Emi in her high socks. It fits her, and makes her rounded-out-beneath-the-knee "legs" look really cute for some reason.
"Spunky at his Spunkyest/Spunkiest"
"Tissues to the extreme!"
AaronIsCrunchy

Post by AaronIsCrunchy »

SpunkySix wrote:I love Emi in her high socks. It fits her, and makes her rounded-out-beneath-the-knee "legs" look really cute for some reason.
Yeah, high socks do that, they're like a girl's sneakiest weapon :D

This is another of my favourite in-game pictures, though I have no idea why. Perhaps it's to do with Akira looking slightly more effeminate than her sprites? Perhaps it's the lighting? Or perhaps it's that can of Sapporo Classic beer? Either way, it's wonderful. And kinda makes me want a beer.
Attachments
KS7-620x.jpg
KS7-620x.jpg (55.09 KiB) Viewed 4633 times
Because green eyes are best eyes.
http://ks.renai.us/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=9511 - A thread of my drawings. Don't expect a lot.

brythain

Post by brythain »

AaronIsCrunchy wrote:Or perhaps it's that can of Sapporo Classic beer? Either way, it's wonderful. And kinda makes me want a beer.
Y'know, that can of beer is to me the heart and soul of Akira Satou. :)
Post-Yamaku, what happens? After The Dream is a mosaic that follows everyone to the (sometimes) bitter end.
Main Index (Complete)Shizune/Lilly/Emi/Hanako/Rin/Misha + Miki + Natsume
Secondary Arcs: Rika/Mutou/AkiraHideaki | Others (WIP): Straw—A Dream of SuzuSakura—The Kenji Saga.
"Much has been lost, and there is much left to lose." — Tim Powers, The Drawing of the Dark (1979)
KeiichiO

Post by KeiichiO »

Lilly is perfect.
Potato

Post by Potato »

"The legend of the blind ghost of Yamaku was started after a young woman was brutally murdered by her best friend. They say you can still hear her knocking on the hallway door, calling for 'Hanako'. Supposedly, this Hanako girl had locked herself in her room because of something to do with her birthday. The ghost girl was trying to get her out when Hanako snapped and killed her. She tried to go after another student, a boy with a heart condition but was caught before she found him. If you go into the girl's dorm toilets and leave a bottle of Rosé in the sink, the bottle will be mysteriously empty when you return..."

Seductive Lilly doing the hand-claw thing. Yes.
I love the interpretation of Pac-Man where he's a just a lowly worker retrieving golf balls left all over the course by the rich masters and the ghosts are all previous workers who got conked on the head and killed by incoming golf balls in the line of duty.
d2r

Post by d2r »

Just wanna say that "Pocket Waifus" in the image series above made me chuckle.
Comrade wrote:infinite options does not mean all options, just like that between every two numbers there are infinite numbers, but not all.

If I see that sentence anywhere I am going to send your head to your mother with a replacment order
If you like a moodier fanfic, why not try mine?
Munchenhausen

Post by Munchenhausen »

Potato wrote:"If you go into the girl's dorm toilets and leave a bottle of Rosé in the sink, the bottle will be mysteriously empty when you return..."
Huehuehuehuehue I wrote that comment :3
Like stupid, silly doodles with no point? You've come to the right place, friend :^)
I also occasionally write oneshots. Why not have a skimread?
Miki fic? Miki fic!
---
"We are a small country full of the most stubborn bastards on the planet. You might want to rethink your actions." - Anon
Xaredian
Location: Elysium, Crytar, Terranova, somewhere in the universe

Post by Xaredian »

SpunkySix wrote:No, but I'm pretty sure they're all canon in different timelines/universes.
Just like how League of Legends' skins are all canon, but are from different timelines/universes?
Umber wrote:
Xaredian wrote: But... what constitutes canon, when it comes to a five route VN?
I guess what's canon is what pertains to what is possible within the limits of the VN. So, Emi's route is as canon as Shizune's, or Rin's - but if you're looking for the 'one girl in particular' who's supposed to be the staple end, it might just be best to leave that to the reader. They might be influenced by the boatloads of fanfiction on this site anyways.
So... pretty much just like the end of Elder Scrolls II: Daggerfall...

Where there was five or six different endings, but all of them are canon. Because they all happened.
Dr.Worm wrote: By saying that you've created six distinct, separate timelines.

Which means that the real reason there isn't a Miki route is that it's the darkest timeline.

The creators had to destroy it before it destroyed us.
NNNNNOOOOOOOOOOO
Munchenhausen wrote:It's funny because Miki is dark skinned :3
ಠ_ಠ
Potato wrote:Seductive Lilly doing the hand-claw thing. Yes.
New pictures!

And, no. No fanfic for the pictures. ಠ_ಠ

/large post
To be remembered by anyone after death is the goal of basically every soul that's lived in this world.
Potato

Post by Potato »

Munchenhausen wrote:
Potato wrote:"If you go into the girl's dorm toilets and leave a bottle of Rosé in the sink, the bottle will be mysteriously empty when you return..."
Ha. Nice. Dem Lillies though...Hnng.

Also best ship:

@Xaredian: Never said anything about a fanfic...
I love the interpretation of Pac-Man where he's a just a lowly worker retrieving golf balls left all over the course by the rich masters and the ghosts are all previous workers who got conked on the head and killed by incoming golf balls in the line of duty.
Xaredian

Post by Xaredian »

Potato wrote:
Munchenhausen wrote:
Ha. Nice. Dem Lillies though...Hnng.

Also best ship:
All of my wut. Literally, all of my wut.
Potato wrote:@Xaredian: Never said anything about a fanfic...
It's non-canon. Thus, it's a fanfic.
To be remembered by anyone after death is the goal of basically every soul that's lived in this world.
Potato

Post by Potato »

Xaredian wrote:It's non-canon. Thus, it's a fanfic.

It's a series of pictures...But if it is a fanfic, then "No fanfic for the pictures." still makes no sense because apparently the pictures are already a fanfic. :lol:

And yes, Lilzune is best ship. Dealwithityo. 8)
Xaredian

Post by Xaredian »

Potato wrote:
Xaredian wrote:It's non-canon. Thus, it's a fanfic.

It's a series of pictures...But if it is a fanfic, then "No fanfic for the pictures." still makes no sense because apparently the pictures are already a fanfic. :lol:

And yes, Lilzune is best ship. Dealwithityo. 8)
I was more talking about the "blind ghost of Yamaku". But... I ended up saying something that has to do with the pictures.
Munchenhausen

Post by Munchenhausen »

Potato wrote:And yes, Lilzune is best ship. Dealwithityo. 8)
Ahem
I think you'll find the best ship is actually Naomi and Natsume, thank you very much
just look at them
look damnit
they're so fucking adorable
AWWWWWGH I WANNA SQUIDGE THEM TOGETHER
Like stupid, silly doodles with no point? You've come to the right place, friend :^)
I also occasionally write oneshots. Why not have a skimread?
Miki fic? Miki fic!
---
"We are a small country full of the most stubborn bastards on the planet. You might want to rethink your actions." - Anon
Potato

Post by Potato »

Xaredian wrote:I was more talking about the "blind ghost of Yamaku". But... I ended up saying something that has to do with the pictures.
So people shouldn't create amusing stories to go along with pictures? You are literally less fun than a rock. :P

@Munch: Those aren't characters, they don't count.
KeiichiO

Post by KeiichiO »

Suddenly, I want a pet Hideaki.