Which ending(s) do you consider the worst?

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Which ending(s) do you consider the worst?

Emi bad ending
16%
Hanako bad ending
11%
Lilly bad ending
4%
Rin 1st bad ending (Fight End)
7%
Rin 2nd bad ending (Rain End)
25%
Shizune bad ending
16%
Kenji
17%
Other
4%

Total votes: 105

someguy1294

Re: Which ending(s) do you consider the worst?

Post by someguy1294 »

Mirage_GSM wrote:Ah, the bane of all authors...
Tolkien could repeat ad nauseam that the Ring is not supposed to symbolize the atomic bomb, but did it stop the Fans from claiming otherwise? Never.
Lily and Hanako hug in one scene, therefore, LilyXHanako is canon.

Also, the Nurse is gay.
My OC, Kuki Kamikogo: http://ks.renai.us/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=9500

Favorite Katawa Girls, in Order from Best to Worst:
Rin, Hanako, Misha, Miki, Akira, Emi's Mom, Emi, Yuuko, Shizune, Iwanako, Lilly.

Lilly had a cell-phone. That is all.
SpunkySix

Post by SpunkySix »

someguy1294 wrote:
Tolkien could repeat ad nauseam that the Ring is not supposed to symbolize the atomic bomb, but did it stop the Fans from claiming otherwise? Never.

Also, the Nurse is gay.
Is he officially?
"Spunky at his Spunkyest/Spunkiest"
"Tissues to the extreme!"
SpunkySix

Post by SpunkySix »

To be fair "what the author says was supposed to be" doesn't really matter if it doesn't match up with what is heavily implied in the story, and even if it does, it doesn't make alternate interpretations invalid unless confirmed in-story.
bhtooefr

Post by bhtooefr »

Not only that, but this is regarding a fiction where authors have explicitly said that word of author is not to be trusted.
bhtooefr's one-shot and drabble thread
Enjoy The Silence - Sequel to All I Have (complete)
Enough is enough! I have had it with these motherfucking zombies on this motherfucking forum!
Oddball

Post by Oddball »

SpunkySix wrote:
someguy1294 wrote:

Also, the Nurse is gay.
Is he officially?
Officially only the things you see in the game are actually canon... and sometimes not even then.
Not Dead Yet
SpunkySix

Post by SpunkySix »

That is true. It makes me wonder now though, because it would kind of add an interesting level of "fridge brilliance" that Emi was so comfortable joke flirting with the nurse if she knew he was gay. it would still work if he wasn't, of course, so there's that.

WhateverDoesn'tMatter/10
Atario

Post by Atario »

monkeywitha6pack wrote:I don't know where people get the suicide thing from
I've never been sure of this either. Is it just Sae's husband, and people assume that's supposed to be a foregone parallel with Rin?
NB: none of the above is a request

Mutou Gets Fired — a little one-shot fanfic I wrote
Potato

Post by Potato »

...I'm not sure dropping an atomic bomb into a volcano would be a very good idea.

@Atario: Considering what he did and what Rin is doing at the time, it's pretty much a painfully obvious parallel. :lol:
I love the interpretation of Pac-Man where he's a just a lowly worker retrieving golf balls left all over the course by the rich masters and the ghosts are all previous workers who got conked on the head and killed by incoming golf balls in the line of duty.
Atario

Post by Atario »

Potato wrote:Considering what he did and what Rin is doing at the time, it's pretty much a painfully obvious parallel. :lol:
All the same, Rin's not doing anything loads of other people do who never think of committing suicide. It's a suggestion of a dark possibility, but I don't get where people keep saying "no dude it totally has to happen".

Potato

Post by Potato »

Atario wrote:
Potato wrote:Considering what he did and what Rin is doing at the time, it's pretty much a painfully obvious parallel. :lol:
All the same, Rin's not doing anything loads of other people do who never think of committing suicide. It's a suggestion of a dark possibility, but I don't get where people keep saying "no dude it totally has to happen".
I dunno what qualifies as "loads" to you but I've never known anyone who cut off all contact with people to work themselves to sleep deprivation and the beginnings of starvation sealed up in a tiny room.
I love the interpretation of Pac-Man where he's a just a lowly worker retrieving golf balls left all over the course by the rich masters and the ghosts are all previous workers who got conked on the head and killed by incoming golf balls in the line of duty.
Atario

Post by Atario »

Potato wrote:I dunno what qualifies as "loads" to you but I've never known anyone who cut off all contact with people to work themselves to sleep deprivation and the beginnings of starvation sealed up in a tiny room.
Sounds like the week before finals to me. :lol:

someguy1294

Post by someguy1294 »

Oddball wrote:
SpunkySix wrote:
someguy1294 wrote: Lily and Hanako hug in one scene, therefore, LilyXHanako is canon.

Also, the Nurse is gay.
Is he officially?
Officially only the things you see in the game are actually canon... and sometimes not even then.
He jokes about seducing Hisao. Repeatedly. That... that is not something that heterosexual males do.

They might as well have dressed him in a pink sweater with khaki shorts and had him voiced by Richard Simmons.

All he's really missing is a 'Turn your head and cough' joke.
My OC, Kuki Kamikogo: http://ks.renai.us/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=9500

Favorite Katawa Girls, in Order from Best to Worst:
Rin, Hanako, Misha, Miki, Akira, Emi's Mom, Emi, Yuuko, Shizune, Iwanako, Lilly.

Lilly had a cell-phone. That is all.
Atario

Post by Atario »

someguy1294 wrote:He jokes about seducing Hisao. Repeatedly. That... that is not something that heterosexual males do.
Some do, if they're sufficiently tease/joke oriented. He seems to have a little one-upping shock-humor game going with Emi.

SpunkySix

Post by SpunkySix »

Atario wrote:
someguy1294 wrote:He jokes about seducing Hisao. Repeatedly. That... that is not something that heterosexual males do.
Some do, if they're sufficiently tease/joke oriented. He seems to have a little one-upping shock-humor game going with Emi.
That's what makes me wonder. He's either super secure in being straight or super comfortable about being gay, and I can't tell which now that it's been brought up.
Guest Poster

Post by Guest Poster »

Why do you need to be super secure in your straightness in order to troll your protegee's new friend who seems prone to taking your baiting attempts hook, line and sinker?
Sisterhood: True Edition. Hanako epilogue I wrote. Now expanded with additional chapters.