OC "Neko" - Route [reconsidered]

WORDS WORDS WORDS

NekoDude

Re: OC "Neko" - Route

Post by NekoDude »

[snip 34]
Last edited by NekoDude on Wed Nov 06, 2013 1:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Art is never finished, only abandoned.
Nekonomicon thread and downloads
White Mice music!
NekoDude

Post by NekoDude »

[snip 35]
Last edited by NekoDude on Wed Nov 06, 2013 1:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.
White Mice music!
NekoDude

Post by NekoDude »

[snip 36]
Last edited by NekoDude on Wed Nov 06, 2013 1:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.
White Mice music!
bhtooefr

Post by bhtooefr »

Wow, that was cold.
bhtooefr's one-shot and drabble thread
Enjoy The Silence - Sequel to All I Have (complete)
Enough is enough! I have had it with these motherfucking zombies on this motherfucking forum!
NekoDude

Post by NekoDude »

[snip 37]
Last edited by NekoDude on Wed Nov 06, 2013 1:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
White Mice music!
bhtooefr

Post by bhtooefr »

Oh, I was sure it wasn't going anywhere good.

Just not quite that bad.
bhtooefr's one-shot and drabble thread
Enjoy The Silence - Sequel to All I Have (complete)
Enough is enough! I have had it with these motherfucking zombies on this motherfucking forum!
MyCaptain

Post by MyCaptain »

NekoDude wrote: Did you seriously think that choice was going to go anywhere else? When's the last time Hisao throwing down an ultimatum has ended in a good way?

As already have been said, sure it would never go down a good route but.. Flipping hell man, Neko (who totally is the girl with a decision to make) has got some serious issues if that is the way she would react to the only response (out of the given) that would make sense after dropping a truckload on him in very short time.

Whilst I actually enjoy this story I have to say that this has progressed way too fast with too little information being passed on to the reader. It's obvious that the story and where you want to take it is quite clear to you, but at times reading through this.. I dunno, I've felt more confused about what's happening than anything else. It just seems like abit too much that should have been told is left out and, in my opinion, the story suffers for it.

But still, I like what I've read so far, keep the updates rolling man.
NekoDude

Post by NekoDude »

[snip 38]
White Mice music!
dewelar

Post by dewelar »

NekoDude wrote:
MyCaptain wrote:Whilst I actually enjoy this story I have to say that this has progressed way too fast with too little information being passed on to the reader. It's obvious that the story and where you want to take it is quite clear to you, but at times reading through this.. I dunno, I've felt more confused about what's happening than anything else. It just seems like abit too much that should have been told is left out and, in my opinion, the story suffers for it.

But still, I like what I've read so far, keep the updates rolling man.
By all means, tell me where the holes are and I'll fill them in for clarity. I've been worried about saying TOO much and losing the pace.
For me, the pace IS the problem. My head is spinning from how quickly things developed (heh) in this story. It just feels...rushed, in every way.
Rin is orthogonal to everything.
Stuff I've written: Developments, a continuation of Lilly's (bad? neutral?) ending - COMPLETE!
MyCaptain

Post by MyCaptain »

NekoDude wrote: Agreed, and if this was the only ending I'd feel a need to explain. It will be revealed in the more favorable scenarios.
Ah, I thought you would but glad to be reassured of that.

dewelar wrote:
NekoDude wrote: By all means, tell me where the holes are and I'll fill them in for clarity. I've been worried about saying TOO much and losing the pace.
For me, the pace IS the problem. My head is spinning from how quickly things developed (heh) in this story. It just feels...rushed, in every way.
Yeah, dewelar sums it up perfectly here. There is nothing wrong with what you have written as such, it's just moving so quickly that I keep feeling that I've missed something.. For example: in 2-4 Neko/Kat kisses Hisao and breaks down crying because she's "not ready to lose him", this coupled with Hisaos "confession" in the next paragraph just felt.. Forced, rushed. I thought I had missed an update or two because it was moving so quickly. I thought that the way up to such an important part of their relationship would've been covered abit more.
It's not a major problem for me personally, everyone tells stories in their own way. But at certain points, like the one I mentioned, I get disconnected from the story because of it.
Last edited by MyCaptain on Tue Nov 05, 2013 5:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mirage_GSM

Post by Mirage_GSM »

And in more ways then one.
It's not just that the plot progressed extremely fast, your publishing (and from your comments your writing as well) got from the beginning of the story to the first sex in only two days.
It's what I told you after the first chapters: You should have taken the time to sit back and read over what you'd written so far a few times. There's no time limit for posting stories here, and rushing through the story will always impact quality.
Emi > Misha > Hanako > Lilly > Rin > Shizune

My collected KS-Fan Fictions: Mirage's Myths
griffon8 wrote:Kosher, just because sex is your answer to everything doesn't mean that sex is the answer to everything.
Sore wa himitsu desu.
Oscar Wildecat

Post by Oscar Wildecat »

Pacing issues aside, it is an interesting story. I've enjoyed it. (And hey, putting a "cat" in a story is always a plus... :) )
I like all the girls in KS, but empathize with Hanako the most.
"Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience." - Mark Twain
“Diplomacy is the art of telling people to go to hell in such a way that they ask for directions.” - Winston Churchill
Checkout SordidEuphemism's Logo Thread.
NekoDude

Post by NekoDude »

[snip 39]
White Mice music!
13loop

Post by 13loop »

Hey there, i like your story. The pacing did go a bit too fast, but people have already bit your ear for that, so i won't.

That ending hit me like a truck. I didn't expect it to be the bad end, but that just seemed a little bit too cold. I mean through out the story, i didn't get that kind of vibe from her. And if i'm not mistaken, didn't she make the first move, and not Hisao? She essentially just toyed with him and threw him out like a plaything. The two had a budding relationship, and i'm surprised she just ended it to abruptly, but i'm sure you have a plan as to why you did things like this. Gonna keep tracking this one
Oscar Wildecat

Post by Oscar Wildecat »

Thinking about it, I would like to know why Kat and Miki would stoop so low as to basically stab Hisao in the Heart, especially given that Kat knows why Hisao is at Yamaku. If is almost as if they were not content with just breaking things off with him, but making sure that he literally dies from heart failure.
I like all the girls in KS, but empathize with Hanako the most.
"Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience." - Mark Twain
“Diplomacy is the art of telling people to go to hell in such a way that they ask for directions.” - Winston Churchill
Checkout SordidEuphemism's Logo Thread.