The "Lesson" of KS?

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

pandaphil

The "Lesson" of KS?

Post by pandaphil »

Saw someone post this on Facebook:

"He makes me laugh when people say KS is about inner beauty.
KS isn't about inner beauty because the girls are freaking cute/beautiful. The only exception would be Hanako IRL, because burn scars are far uglier than they are in the VN. But she is still cute.
It's more about inner personalities, than beauty. To see through the disabilities. Although that doesn't work well with Hanako either. Oh well."

So what lesson did you take away from KS?

That everyone can overcome their problems with a little help?

That disabilities only hold you back if you let them?
"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things. But vice versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things or make them unimportant." ~ The Doctor.
Xanatos

Re: The "Lesson" of KS?

Post by Xanatos »

"the girls are freaking cute/beautiful"

No shit. It's drawn in an anime style. :lol:

There is no lesson and every lesson. The devs intended no lesson, and a player may discover any lesson.

Hasn't this been done before?
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
<KeiichiO>: "That's a beautiful response to chocolate."
MegaMoto

Post by MegaMoto »

So many interpretations. Yes Xanatos this seems eerily familiar.
pandaphil

Post by pandaphil »

Oh well. Nevermind then.
"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things. But vice versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things or make them unimportant." ~ The Doctor.
Oddball

Post by Oddball »

People are people.
Not Dead Yet
Umber

Post by Umber »

Oddball wrote:People are people.
But humans are humans, sadly. There's two sides to everything, and not everyone's going to treat each other as one might hope to.
-An occasional art thread.
pig dissections and cadaver examinations.
Jango

Post by Jango »

The real lesson of this game?

Don't leave things in the fridge.
Kichijoji

Post by Kichijoji »

pandaphil wrote:Saw someone post this on Facebook:

"He makes me laugh when people say KS is about inner beauty.
KS isn't about inner beauty because the girls are freaking cute/beautiful. The only exception would be Hanako IRL, because burn scars are far uglier than they are in the VN. But she is still cute.
It's more about inner personalities, than beauty. To see through the disabilities. Although that doesn't work well with Hanako either. Oh well."

So what lesson did you take away from KS?

That everyone can overcome their problems with a little help?

That disabilities only hold you back if you let them?
This is a good question. I think there is an overall lesson to take away from the VN, that everyone has something to offer in the world if we take time to look for it. People can overcome limitations with friendship and support.
The quote from facebook seemed nonsensical to me~ "it's more about inner personalities, than beauty"?? I'm guessing he meant inner beauty vs personality? IDK...Hanako is physically scarred so what? It makes her less of a person? Only her personality counts then? What's their point? They should have made her hideous?
For me the lesson is treat everyone the way you would like to be treated, regardless of any differences.
Caden Tiksaril

Post by Caden Tiksaril »

I think Xanatos is on to something here. While I would disagree with the "there is no lesson" part, even if the devs didn't intend one as he says (there appears to be at least some consensus from the community on a few things, such as the "people are people" thing), I can definitely agree that "there is every lesson". KS may have stuff that everyone can pick up on, but many people talk about how the VN made them more introspective after reading it, and they ended up learning other things about themselves in the process. So even if KS' more obvious lessons might already be a part of your lifestyle, it doesn't have to stop there.
- My Youtube, used mostly for my Touhou achievements.
- My Skype name is funen1.