What would your disability be?

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Xanatos

Re: What would your disability be?

Post by Xanatos »

yummines wrote:saying "what would your disability be" is kind of insensitive to people who actually have diasbilities no?
Exactly. No.
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
<KeiichiO>: "That's a beautiful response to chocolate."
Scorch

Post by Scorch »

yummines wrote:
i would post that one picture from the last thread about this but i think i would depress too many people.
Please, by all means, go ahead.
yummines

Post by yummines »

Scorch wrote:
yummines wrote:
i would post that one picture from the last thread about this but i think i would depress too many people.
oh ok.

obligatory post for threads making light of disabilities
pandaphil

Post by pandaphil »

Since when has anyone made light of disabilities?
"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things. But vice versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things or make them unimportant." ~ The Doctor.
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

pandaphil wrote:Since when has anyone made light of disabilities?
Is that a serious question? Because the answer may depress you. People suck.

@yummines: ...Damn.
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
pandaphil

Post by pandaphil »

Yeah they do. But I meant people here though.

Hell, a lot of the people here already have disabilities of their own.
"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things. But vice versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things or make them unimportant." ~ The Doctor.
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

pandaphil wrote:Yeah they do. But I meant people here though.

Hell, a lot of the people here already have disabilities of their own.
I've seen quite a few make light of disabilities here (myself included) but it's either their own (so they're allowed) or joking about the KS cast (also allowed because it's fictional and anyone who has a problem with that sucks for not knowing the difference). :lol:
YZQ

Post by YZQ »

yummines wrote:
Scorch wrote:
yummines wrote:
oh ok.

obligatory post for threads making light of disabilities
I fail to see how the pic treats disabilities seriously.
"Nothing is beneath man. Everything is permitted."

"...since love and fear can hardly exist together, if we must choose between them, it is far safer to be feared than loved. However, it is important above all to avoid being hated."
ShadeHaven

Post by ShadeHaven »

No disrespect to the op, but every one of these disability threads ends up this way. What's the point in making them?
Scorch

Post by Scorch »

ShadeHaven wrote:No disrespect to the op, but every one of these disability threads ends up this way. What's the point in making them?
I hadn't seen a thread like this before, it was the first one i made. Half regretting it now. I'm not entirely sure what i expected to happen with the formation of this.
pandaphil

Post by pandaphil »

No need to regret anything. It was a good thread. At least we got in a good five pages of discussion.
metalangel

Post by metalangel »

ShadeHaven wrote:No disrespect to the op, but every one of these disability threads ends up this way. What's the point in making them?
"The search function is something that other people use."
pandaphil

Post by pandaphil »

metalangel wrote:
"The search function is something that other people use."

I've tried the search button before. I generally doesn't help finding old threads.
Oddball

Post by Oddball »

I think part of the problems is that nobody really wants to have a disability so when asked to pick one, everybody always picks something easy to work around. You're never going to find anybody in any of these topics that says "I want Proteus syndrome" or "I want to be paralyzed from the waist down."
Not Dead Yet
Umber

Post by Umber »

Oddball wrote:I think part of the problems is that nobody really wants to have a disability so when asked to pick one, everybody always picks something easy to work around. You're never going to find anybody in any of these topics that says "I want Proteus syndrome" or "I want to be paralyzed from the waist down."
Also, probably because not many people know what Proteus syndrome is. Or those other unknowns that have/haven't been listen yet. Maybe a short list, with a bunch of descriptions...

...Ah, too much effort. The only out-there thing I can think of is that one marathon runner who's skin is constantly peeling off. That, and maybe extreme, random compulsions, like Ravi's sexual ones caused by a 'Super MRI' in Footprints of God.
-An occasional art thread.
pig dissections and cadaver examinations.