What would your disability be?

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Mahorfeus

Re: What would your disability be?

Post by Mahorfeus »

I think "easy" is putting it too bluntly, if anything. I don't think anyone here is comprehending the emotional impacts behind having a disability, which would exist regardless of its severity. Or rather, I don't think any of us are capable.

Think about how much xeroderma pigmentosum would suck.
"A very small degree of hope is sufficient to cause the birth of love." -Stendhal
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

Mahorfeus wrote:I don't think anyone here is comprehending the emotional impacts behind having a disability
The people here aren't complete idiots...
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
<KeiichiO>: "That's a beautiful response to chocolate."
Mahorfeus

Post by Mahorfeus »

Xanatos wrote:
Mahorfeus wrote:I don't think anyone here is comprehending the emotional impacts behind having a disability
I'm referring to the sentiment that people are only picking "easy" disabilities. I'm not questioning anybody's intelligence.
"A very small degree of hope is sufficient to cause the birth of love." -Stendhal
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

Mahorfeus wrote:
Xanatos wrote:
I'm referring to the sentiment that people are only picking "easy" disabilities. I'm not questioning anybody's intelligence.
Right, you're just denouncing their abilities to comprehend things...And that's totally different.

And yes, given the choice and barring "none", people will likely pick easier disabilities. The inevitable variable of personal experiences aside, a lack of legs is going to be relatively easier to deal with than many other disabilities.
Last edited by Xanatos on Sat Apr 27, 2013 11:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
KeiichiO

Post by KeiichiO »

I'm not sure what's easy about having a penis and a vagina. Things might get a little complicated...
Oddball

Post by Oddball »

Also, probably because not many people know what Proteus syndrome is.
Think "Elephant Man".
Not Dead Yet
Mahorfeus

Post by Mahorfeus »

Xanatos wrote:Right, you're just denouncing their abilities to comprehend things...And that's totally different.
Yes, I clearly just called myself and everyone here an idiot.
KeiichiO wrote:I'm not sure what's easy about having a penis and a vagina. Things might get a little complicated...
I could swear there was a fanfic about that...
pandaphil

Post by pandaphil »

Or they go with the disabilities they already have.
"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things. But vice versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things or make them unimportant." ~ The Doctor.
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

Oddball wrote:

Also, probably because not many people know what Proteus syndrome is.
Think "Elephant Man".
Didn't that guy have something in addition to Proteus? In any case, he's probably a more severe example. Interesting fellow though...Sad end.

Another interesting fellow.

@Mahorfeus: You clearly implied it. And there are MANY fanfics about that... XD
Mahorfeus

Post by Mahorfeus »

Well, let's write it off as me being stupid and not malicious. :oops:
pandaphil wrote:Or they go with the disabilities they already have.
Fair enough.
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

Mahorfeus wrote:Well, let's write it off as me being stupid and not malicious. :oops:
pandaphil wrote:Or they go with the disabilities they already have.
Fair enough.
:P Will do.

Really, just thinking of how much more shit we endure (as opposed to, say, a dog content to chew a ball for hours on end) just for possessing sapience, humanity is its own disability.
KeiichiO

Post by KeiichiO »

Xanatos wrote:humanity is its own disability.
I've been waiting for one of you meat-sacks to say something like that. A true-er statement does not exist.
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

KeiichiO wrote:
I've been waiting for one of you meat-sacks to say something like that. A true-er statement does not exist.
"Keiichi loves waffles."
KeiichiO

Post by KeiichiO »

Xanatos wrote:
KeiichiO wrote:
"Keiichi loves waffles."
Okay, that is just as true, maybe even true-i-er, but still. That statement is up there.
sharkray8

Post by sharkray8 »

I've had many disabilities and have overcome most of them but there are still a few I cannot get rid of so easliy
By the way are you allowed to have more than one disability?