Hesitate to go trough it again?

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Xanatos

Re: Hesitate to go trough it again?

Post by Xanatos »

pandaphil wrote:
Xanatos wrote:
YZQ wrote:Same logic with Rin's 3 endings. Which is the "neutral" one and which is the "bad" one? Also, 'kinda sucky but it'll all get better' doesn't quite have the ring to it as "bad".
The one where she leaves is neutral. Something at least sort of good still comes of it.

Yeah, I don't really have a problem with her neutral ending. There's a good chance she'll find a decent instructor who understands her and can help her develop her talent on her own terms.
Possible but not likely. In all her time at Yamaku, she's not found a single person who understands her. Even Hisao ends up with just "I don't understand you...But that's okay." :lol:
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
<KeiichiO>: "That's a beautiful response to chocolate."
pandaphil

Post by pandaphil »

Man, you just won't let the poor girl catch a break will you?

You don't think a college for artists would have some experience handling eccentric creative types?
"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things. But vice versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things or make them unimportant." ~ The Doctor.
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

pandaphil wrote:Man, you just won't let the poor girl catch a break will you?

You don't think a college for artists would have some experience handling eccentric creative types?
"Eccentric" and "breaks into a dorm room of fucking people to watch the clouds and also thinks about floating like a creepy duck" are a bit different :lol:

"Eccentric" and "traumatically incapable of translating her thoughts into vocal language" are also different. :P

Plus, at an art college, there are probably a lot of people who like to ask what the art means, what her inspiration is, and all that nonsense...And Nomiya types...And we saw how that turned out for her. >.>
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
YZQ

Post by YZQ »

You guys just planted an image of Rin lying at the foot of a high-rise building in my mind. Thanks.
"Nothing is beneath man. Everything is permitted."

"...since love and fear can hardly exist together, if we must choose between them, it is far safer to be feared than loved. However, it is important above all to avoid being hated."
KeiichiO

Post by KeiichiO »

Xanatos wrote:"Eccentric" and "breaks into a dorm room of fucking people to watch the clouds and also thinks about floating like a creepy duck" are a bit different :lol:

"Eccentric" and "traumatically incapable of translating her thoughts into vocal language" are also different. :P
Ummm... not sure how to respond. What exactly are you trying to say?
pandaphil

Post by pandaphil »

KeiichiO wrote:
Xanatos wrote:"Eccentric" and "breaks into a dorm room of fucking people to watch the clouds and also thinks about floating like a creepy duck" are a bit different :lol:

Maybe not eccentric, but I do think she'd be just as likely to get help at the art college than at Yamaku, which also isn't really set up to deal with psychological problems. I'm just saying shes liable to get a lot more understanding from the art instructors there who've probably dealt with obsessive artists before than she'd get from Nomiya's sorry ass.
"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things. But vice versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things or make them unimportant." ~ The Doctor.
Auratus

Post by Auratus »

KeiichiO wrote:

He might trying to say art school isn't few minutes away from mental hospital.

I love Rin anyway.

In-topic. I more like lazy. I personally feel like my memory aren't clouded enough to feel nostalgic about it. So despite I reboot it again after half of a year. I am not feel like replaying it.
I want to make Thai Translation of KS alone and protesting with this signature.

Unofficially Demanding. Temporary even-more malfunctioned in English Grammar.

Introducing one of the few thread of it's kind that bring the world together. Wait, Whatever then.
Earl_of_Grey

Post by Earl_of_Grey »

BananaPudding wrote:
pandaphil wrote:While I don't have the feels as strongly as I did before, I can still work up a head of tears when I watch an emotional clip on Youtube, or listen to certain pieces of music. These days i'm more interested in speculating on how the story will continue.
I feel as though that's the natural progression. There is only so long you can just sit and feel something without either moving on to something else, or delving in deeper with speculation.
As these peoples say, it's a gradual change. The first day or so, I was completely internalised, wondering how to deal with the sudden loss of the story I was so invested in. Then you move on and start wondering why you feel the way you do, and there you have a choice; you can either continue to wallow is your aimless depressive state, or face the discontent head on and be inspired to make some changes.

Case in point, for a while after Emi's route I couldn't help but think of my own girlfriend and how, like Emi she would cover up her struggles with personal demons by reacting angrily at any person who tried to show concern....namely me All I could think was how much it hurt me to always be pushed away like that, and get frustrated with how I couldn't seem to fix things and earn her trust. But soon enough I calmed down and realised that I didn't need to do anything major, just be there and promise I was only wanting to help out of concern, and I made changes in how I spoke to her and since then....while everything still isn't perfect, it's progress and she's a lot happier now.

tl;dnr: It takes some time and effort, but I find the eventual benefits to be worth any short-term struggle.
Hisao&Hanako<3

Post by Hisao&Hanako<3 »

^Yeah, quality time says a lot. Ever hear of the books about the five languages of love? They are acts of service, quality time, physical touch, giving gifts, and words of affirmation. Figure out which one your girl appreciates the most and use it.
MickMuffin

Post by MickMuffin »

I just finished Emi's last night (My first path ever, just getting into this after my brother told me about it), and Hanako's earlier today.
Too many feels within 24 hours, man...
I'm scared to start a new game to see someone else's path because I don't want to see Hanako in the game, knowing I won't help fix her. It was like that way for Emi, when I started Hanako's story directly after finishing Emi's. But I fear I'll feel worse seeing Hanako, since she's my favorite so far...
All I can do is sit here and feel...
"These are just the eyes of a man who has seen things. A shaman's eyes. Terrible things, that you can't even imagine."
YZQ

Post by YZQ »

Hanako gets better in Lily's route too...
"Nothing is beneath man. Everything is permitted."

"...since love and fear can hardly exist together, if we must choose between them, it is far safer to be feared than loved. However, it is important above all to avoid being hated."
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

MickMuffin wrote:I just finished Emi's last night (My first path ever, just getting into this after my brother told me about it), and Hanako's earlier today.
I'm scared to start a new game to see someone else's path because I don't want to see Hanako in the game, knowing I won't help fix her. It was like that way for Emi, when I started Hanako's story directly after finishing Emi's. But I fear I'll feel worse seeing Hanako, since she's my favorite so far...
Do one where Hanako isn't a major character. So...Not Lilly's. :lol:
pandaphil

Post by pandaphil »

MickMuffin wrote:I just finished Emi's last night (My first path ever, just getting into this after my brother told me about it), and Hanako's earlier today.

Welcome aboard Mick!

Wow, Emi and Hanako right after the other? Jeez, that's crazy. How'd you survive?

And yeah, like YZQ said. Lilly is a good route to try if you love Hanako.
MickMuffin

Post by MickMuffin »

pandaphil wrote:

Welcome aboard Mick!

Wow, Emi and Hanako right after the other? Jeez, that's crazy. How'd you survive?

And yeah, like YZQ said. Lilly is a good route to try if you love Hanako.
Planning on doing Lilly's last, actually, for some reason. I tried starting Shizune, but once I saw Hanako I sorta...broke down and had to quit...
Also, thank you for the welcome.
"These are just the eyes of a man who has seen things. A shaman's eyes. Terrible things, that you can't even imagine."
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

MickMuffin wrote:Planning on doing Lilly's last, actually, for some reason. I tried starting Shizune, but once I saw Hanako I sorta...broke down and had to quit...
Also, thank you for the welcome.
This should help you with getting over Hanako.