Your first ending?

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

pandaphil

Re: Your first ending?

Post by pandaphil »

Always a pleasure to see a new face on the board Synaesthetic. Welcome! Hope you'll stick around and share more of your thoughts with us. I'm not a Rin fan at all personally, but at least we share a fondness for Hanako. :)
Last edited by pandaphil on Sun May 05, 2013 5:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things. But vice versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things or make them unimportant." ~ The Doctor.
synaesthetic

Post by synaesthetic »

Thanks. :)

I saw a lot of myself in Rin. The extreme social awkwardness, wanting to be alone and left to create, not knowing what to say or how to say it... having thoughts, ideas and creative sparks that other people don't necessarily understand? It hit... painfully close to home. For a while there it was just a tiny bit eerie how close.

... I think I might end up being a bit teary-eyed for a few days...

Anyway... *wipes eyes, blows nose, continues*

Since I didn't actually identify with and place myself in Hisao's shoes, I experienced the stories as a third party rather than an active participant. I think, were I able to play through the game as a female main character, with a bit more dialogue options, even ones that just give the illusion of choice, I'm not actually sure which of the five girls I would have liked to pursue the most... it would have either been Hanako or Rin, probably. They're the characters most like me, the ones I can understand best.

And yes, Hanako is quite awesome and she has a Nice Hat. Speaking of Hanako, I'd love to get a high-res copy of the slide used when she and Hisao are playing pool, and she's leaning on the table to line up her shot. I want that as my wallpaper!
pandaphil

Post by pandaphil »

synaesthetic wrote:Thanks. :)

I saw a lot of myself in Rin. The extreme social awkwardness, wanting to be alone and left to create, not knowing what to say or how to say it... having thoughts, ideas and creative sparks that other people don't necessarily understand? It hit... painfully close to home. For a while there it was just a tiny bit eerie how close.

... I think I might end up being a bit teary-eyed for a few days...

Anyway... *wipes eyes, blows nose, continues*

Since I didn't actually identify with and place myself in Hisao's shoes, I experienced the stories as a third party rather than an active participant. I think, were I able to play through the game as a female main character, with a bit more dialogue options, even ones that just give the illusion of choice, I'm not actually sure which of the five girls I would have liked to pursue the most... it would have either been Hanako or Rin, probably. They're the characters most like me, the ones I understand the best.

And yes, Hanako is quite awesome and she has a Nice Hat. Speaking of Hanako, I'd love to get a high-res copy of the slide used when she and Hisao are playing pool, and she's leaning on the table to line up her shot. I want that as my wallpaper!

Not to worry. Rin has a large number of supporters here, so you're in good company. Personally I see her more as someone I'd like to befriend rather than have a relationship with. Her route, and the fact that Hisao seems to cut himself off socially from the rest of the school during much of her route just makes me feel terribly lonely.

I guess I'm a romantic at heart, so I'm drawn to women like Hanako and Lilly, along with all the emotions and warm fuzzies. Of course being a shy, withdrawn person in RL probably helps too. So I feel a real connection with Hanako.

I know that pic you mentioned is pretty common. Let me do some searching and I'll post a link if I find it. Any particular screen size I should hunt for?

Edit: Found it!

http://0-media-cdn.foolz.us/ffuuka/boar ... 715937.jpg
Last edited by pandaphil on Sun May 05, 2013 3:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things. But vice versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things or make them unimportant." ~ The Doctor.
Hisao&Hanako<3

Post by Hisao&Hanako<3 »

Yes, there needs to be more Hanabros... cause my good friend Doc is MIA.
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

synaesthetic wrote:Having the option for a female main character... yes, that would have been better.
No, it really wouldn't. That would screw with the story. :P
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
<KeiichiO>: "That's a beautiful response to chocolate."
pandaphil

Post by pandaphil »

Actually I've been very curious to know what more women think of KS. Is it actually interesting, or is it a "perpetuating female stereotypes for a male audience" sort of thing?
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

pandaphil wrote:Actually I've been very curious to know what more women think of KS. Is it actually interesting, or is it a "perpetuating female stereotypes for a male audience" sort of thing?
If it weren't interesting, all these people wouldn't be interested in it. :P

And it tends to subvert most stereotypes so if you try to play by them, you get a horrible conclusion. :lol:
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
synaesthetic

Post by synaesthetic »

I actually think it's one of the better VNs I've read through.
Xanatos wrote:
synaesthetic wrote:Having the option for a female main character... yes, that would have been better.
CHALLENGE ACCEPTED.

*fanfics so hard*
pandaphil

Post by pandaphil »

synaesthetic wrote:I actually think it's one of the better VNs I've read through.
Xanatos wrote:
CHALLENGE ACCEPTED.

*fanfics so hard*
Oh. I see you've met Xan. :)
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

synaesthetic wrote:I actually think it's one of the better VNs I've read through.
Xanatos wrote:
CHALLENGE ACCEPTED.

*fanfics so hard*
It's not a fanfic if you just directly copy the original story...Which is what having the option for a female main character would be. The same game, just with a genderbent Hisao, bringing us back to "That would screw with the story".

Have some chocolate.
KeiichiO

Post by KeiichiO »

Hisao&Hanako<3 wrote:Yes, there needs to be more Hanabros... cause my good friend Doc is MIA.
There're pleantly of Hanabros here. I'm more of a Rin-kin myself, but I still share an immense love for Hanako. In fact, I have a hard time deciding which route I like better; Rin's, or Hanako's.
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

KeiichiO wrote:
Hisao&Hanako<3 wrote:Yes, there needs to be more Hanabros... cause my good friend Doc is MIA.
There're pleantly of Hanabros here. I'm more of a Rin-kin myself, but I still share an immense love for Hanako. In fact, I have a hard time deciding which route I like better; Rin's, or Hanako's.
Solution: Rinako.
pandaphil

Post by pandaphil »

KeiichiO wrote:
Yeah, sometimes I wonder if there are too many of us. Emi, Shizune, and Lilly sometimes seem neglected.
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

pandaphil wrote:
KeiichiO wrote:
Yeah, sometimes I wonder if there are too many of us. Emi, Shizune, and Lilly sometimes seem neglected.
You're just the loudest fans. Didn't you ever wonder why Yuuko hides from you all? :P
synaesthetic

Post by synaesthetic »

Xanatos wrote:It's not a fanfic if you just directly copy the original story...Which is what having the option for a female main character would be. The same game, just with a genderbent Hisao, bringing us back to "That would screw with the story".
Who said I was going to directly copy the story? Of course things would be different. Similar, but different. :)

Anyone who has played Persona 3 Portable should know that basically all the Social Links are different between the male MC and the female MC, even though the story itself is basically similar. The two main characters also have different personalities.

I'm considering something like that, rather than simply genderbending Hisao. Same story, but told from a different perspective.