Sakura-Con

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Selim Bradley

Re: Sakura-Con

Post by Selim Bradley »

SpecimenSix wrote:
Selim Bradley wrote:
SpecimenSix wrote:
And somehow I'm not surprised someone would be stupid enough to try and cut off their arms. I couldn't stop laughing with how they described KS in that article calling it "an abomination" or whatever. Oh the irony.
No, Rapelay was called an abomination, not Katawa Shoujo. But to this incident, as well as how the press handled it, all I can say is just...wow.
I don't think they called KS an abomination outright but they definitely said the creators should be ashamed or something of that sort. Which in my eyes is the same thing.
True, I was just saying who said what to what. The parents said the creators should be ashamed. The guy who called the other VM an abomination said that these games have no place in our society and they should work with goverments to remove these toxic influence. Luckily, the First Amendment of the Constitution prevents that from ever occuring.
I am the male version of Hanako Ikezawa.
SpecimenSix

Post by SpecimenSix »

Selim Bradley wrote: True, I was just saying who said what to what. The parents said the creators should be ashamed. The guy who called the other VM an abomination said that these games have no place in our society and they should work with goverments to remove these toxic influence. Luckily, the First Amendment of the Constitution prevents that from ever occuring.
Not to derail the threat but with the way things have been going lately, I don't even think the constitution will be able to stop corruption with the government. That's the main reason I'm no longer a law student. But that's a rant for another day.

So yea anyways, I'm not going to Sakuracon but if anyone is in Eastern US I'll be at Otakon again this summer. :lol:
I am bad, and that's good. I will never be good, and that's not bad. There is no one I would rather be than me.
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

SpecimenSix wrote:
Selim Bradley wrote:I don't even think the constitution will be able to stop corruption with the government.
If it can't, there's always violent overthrowing of the system. That's what kept us from being British in the first place.

And guys, that article is fake...
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
<KeiichiO>: "That's a beautiful response to chocolate."
SpecimenSix

Post by SpecimenSix »

Xanatos wrote:
SpecimenSix wrote:
Selim Bradley wrote:I don't even think the constitution will be able to stop corruption with the government.
If it can't, there's always violent overthrowing of the system. That's what kept us from being British in the first place.

And guys, that article is fake...
I figured as much, hence why I wasn't too particularly offended by it. Am I the only one that found it amusing that the picture they provided for the guy he was wearing a wolf shirt?
And on paper that's what the constitution is supposed to do. The truth is though if say I lead a group of people to fix the government and put a new one in place I'd be shot for treason. History is written by the victors and a superpower like our government will almost always be victorious in any violent conflict.
I am bad, and that's good. I will never be good, and that's not bad. There is no one I would rather be than me.
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

SpecimenSix wrote:I figured as much, hence why I wasn't too particularly offended by it. Am I the only one that found it amusing that the picture they provided for the guy he was wearing a wolf shirt?
And on paper that's what the constitution is supposed to do. The truth is though if say I lead a group of people to fix the government and put a new one in place I'd be shot for treason. History is written by the victors and a superpower like our government will almost always be victorious in any violent conflict.
Tell that to everyone throughout all of history who replaced their shitty governments. :P

And damn, dat wolf shirt...
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
Zailen

Post by Zailen »

Dare I ask for a link to this article? I think I need to see if this is an...Epic...Wolf Shirt. *brow waggle*
SpecimenSix

Post by SpecimenSix »

Xanatos wrote: Tell that to everyone throughout all of history who replaced their shitty governments. :P

And damn, dat wolf shirt...
Agreed. I was laughing throughout the entire article the minute I saw that wolf... :lol: And the article is near the bottom of the last page.

And rebellion isn't that easy these days in a developed nation like ours. I don't want to derail too much though so if you want to continue the discussion PM me.

And I assume I'm the only person around here that's east coast and going to Otakon?
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

Zailen wrote:Dare I ask for a link to this article? I think I need to see if this is an...Epic...Wolf Shirt. *brow waggle*
Dare you read the previous page? :P
Zailen

Post by Zailen »

Dare I ask why Mr. Nomiya is looking at me like that?
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

Zailen wrote:Dare I ask why Mr. Nomiya is looking at me like that?
Rape.
Selim Bradley

Post by Selim Bradley »

Xanatos wrote:And guys, that article is fake...
Oh. Well now I feel silly.
I am the male version of Hanako Ikezawa.
Umber

Post by Umber »

Selim Bradley wrote:
You're not the only one. It's funny because I wasn't surprised. There might be someone out there, reading Katawa Shoujo, ready to live with a missing limb and phantom pains 'till death just to be praised in 'Cons.
-An occasional art thread.
pig dissections and cadaver examinations.
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

Umber wrote:
Selim Bradley wrote:
You're not the only one. It's funny because I wasn't surprised. There might be someone out there, reading Katawa Shoujo, ready to live with a missing limb and phantom pains 'till death just to be praised in 'Cons.
Exactly...Sad.
SpecimenSix

Post by SpecimenSix »

Xanatos wrote:
Umber wrote: You're not the only one. It's funny because I wasn't surprised. There might be someone out there, reading Katawa Shoujo, ready to live with a missing limb and phantom pains 'till death just to be praised in 'Cons.
Exactly...Sad.
I didn't really think anyone would actually do that but when I saw that wolf shirt I figured maybe it was possible after all. :lol:
pandaphil

Post by pandaphil »

SpecimenSix wrote:
Selim Bradley wrote:
SpecimenSix wrote:
And somehow I'm not surprised someone would be stupid enough to try and cut off their arms. I couldn't stop laughing with how they described KS in that article calling it "an abomination" or whatever. Oh the irony.
No, Rapelay was called an abomination, not Katawa Shoujo. But to this incident, as well as how the press handled it, all I can say is just...wow.
I don't think they called KS an abomination outright but they definitely said the creators should be ashamed or something of that sort. Which in my eyes is the same thing.

Looks like the story was mostly quotign upset parents. So I'm not gonna get too upset about it. I still felt the need to post a reply in the comments though.

Honestly, unstable people are always doing shit like this. It doesn't take much to set them off.
Last edited by pandaphil on Tue Mar 05, 2013 10:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things. But vice versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things or make them unimportant." ~ The Doctor.