Sakura-Con

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

SpecimenSix

Re: Sakura-Con

Post by SpecimenSix »

Umber wrote: Eight or nine posts too late, Otaku. But don't worry, I still loooove you.

OT: Does anyone know when the next biggest [something]-con is going to hit Japan? I'm going over this year to visit some cousins, and I'd like to bring them to a large social event, people dressed up as characters and all. I think they'd love it.

And I'm not paying for the airfare, so I could afford it much more easily over Sakura-con :mrgreen:
I cannot even begin to tell you how jealous I am... :lol:
I'd love to visit Japan. As far as conventions over there go I'm afraid I'm not much help in that department.
I am bad, and that's good. I will never be good, and that's not bad. There is no one I would rather be than me.
pandaphil

Post by pandaphil »

SpecimenSix wrote:
Umber wrote: Eight or nine posts too late, Otaku. But don't worry, I still loooove you.

OT: Does anyone know when the next biggest [something]-con is going to hit Japan? I'm going over this year to visit some cousins, and I'd like to bring them to a large social event, people dressed up as characters and all. I think they'd love it.

And I'm not paying for the airfare, so I could afford it much more easily over Sakura-con :mrgreen:
I cannot even begin to tell you how jealous I am... :lol:
I'd love to visit Japan. As far as conventions over there go I'm afraid I'm not much help in that department.
Same here. I'm sure I'd be completely lost, and embarrass myself in public. But I guy can still dream at least.
"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things. But vice versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things or make them unimportant." ~ The Doctor.
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

No Sakura-Con here but, job market willing, I'll catch AX 2014. :lol:
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
<KeiichiO>: "That's a beautiful response to chocolate."
Selim Bradley

Post by Selim Bradley »

SpecimenSix wrote:
pandaphil wrote:Thats true. Unfortunately I don't really look like anyone in the game. *sigh*
There's always extensive plastic surgeries. :lol: That's what I call dedication.
No, matching the character's disabilities would be real dedication.
SpecimenSix wrote:
win746 wrote:Yeah terribly sorry, I shouldn't even try to talk about something else.
I don't think it's that so much as talking about non-KS related anime could easily lead to dozens of pages having nothing to do with the thread. I know quite a few good ones if you're interested though, just PM me.
I can help too.
I am the male version of Hanako Ikezawa.
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

Selim Bradley wrote:
SpecimenSix wrote:
pandaphil wrote:Thats true. Unfortunately I don't really look like anyone in the game. *sigh*
There's always extensive plastic surgeries. :lol: That's what I call dedication.
Amputation and burnings falls under "extensive" plastic surgery, I'd think. :lol:
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
Selim Bradley

Post by Selim Bradley »

Xanatos wrote:
Selim Bradley wrote:
SpecimenSix wrote:
Amputation and burnings falls under "extensive" plastic surgery, I'd think. :lol:
Toushe. Finding a plastic surgeon willing to do that to you would take real dedication too.
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

Selim Bradley wrote:Toushe. Finding a plastic surgeon willing to do that to you would take real dedication too.
Uh...It's amputation and burning. You don't need a surgeon, just find a dude with a hacksaw and fire. :lol: Hell, I'd do it for the right price.
SpecimenSix

Post by SpecimenSix »

Xanatos wrote:
Selim Bradley wrote:Toushe. Finding a plastic surgeon willing to do that to you would take real dedication too.
Uh...It's amputation and burning. You don't need a surgeon, just find a dude with a hacksaw and fire. :lol: Hell, I'd do it for the right price.
Screw the money, I'd do it for free. :twisted:
pandaphil wrote: Same here. I'm sure I'd be completely lost, and embarrass myself in public. But I guy can still dream at least.
I probably would too but oh well. Just get loaded on sake and it would make your aimless wandering much more entertaining. :lol:
I am bad, and that's good. I will never be good, and that's not bad. There is no one I would rather be than me.
Umber

Post by Umber »

SpecimenSix wrote:
Xanatos wrote:
Screw the money, I'd do it for free. :twisted:
pandaphil wrote: Same here. I'm sure I'd be completely lost, and embarrass myself in public. But I guy can still dream at least.
I probably would too but oh well. Just get loaded on sake and it would make your aimless wandering much more entertaining. :lol:
Boy, where's this topic gone.

I'm assuming being drunk isn't allowed on a con's premises, unless you can manage to sell it as the most convincing cosplay ever. Birthday Hanako, for sure.

@Selim: The difference between a worker that gets paid and one that provides labor is that one does it well, but the other enjoys his work.
-An occasional art thread.
pig dissections and cadaver examinations.
SpecimenSix

Post by SpecimenSix »

Umber wrote: Boy, where's this topic gone.

I'm assuming being drunk isn't allowed on a con's premises, unless you can manage to sell it as the most convincing cosplay ever. Birthday Hanako, for sure.
You'd think so, but not necessarily. I got shitfaced and hailed a cab to the con last summer, then again it was 1 in the morning after I already checked out everything earlier that day, and it was just to go to the rave until 3:30 am. I'm sure I could find a good cosplay though, there was someone cosplaying as a drunk Tony Stark. Maybe I could do something like that. :lol:
Zailen

Post by Zailen »

Shoot! It's beginning to look alot like I'll be the only KS fan whose going! haha. I'd sure hope not, but if I am...I'll be good, respectful, and the apple of the fandom's eyes...or something. Also! I don't drink often, so I guess I don't much have to worry about the alcohol rules myself, though...I am buying alcohol for my group, in exchange for a free hotel room, haha. (they are all over 21) ...I'm feeling whiskey. Hell, maybe I'll break down and have a shot or two myself. Sounds like a fun time!
udscbt

Post by udscbt »

Zailen wrote:...I'm feeling whiskey. Hell, maybe I'll break down and have a shot or two myself. Sounds like a fun time!
You also need pretzels, but beware not to go to the rooftop ;)

Anyway I've never gone to any con, but I'd like to one day. Unfortunatly Sakura-Con is a bit too far from me, there's an Ocean too much in the way.

PS: did you guys mean this kind of dedication?
SpecimenSix

Post by SpecimenSix »

Zailen wrote:Shoot! It's beginning to look alot like I'll be the only KS fan whose going! haha. I'd sure hope not, but if I am...I'll be good, respectful, and the apple of the fandom's eyes...or something. Also! I don't drink often, so I guess I don't much have to worry about the alcohol rules myself, though...I am buying alcohol for my group, in exchange for a free hotel room, haha. (they are all over 21) ...I'm feeling whiskey. Hell, maybe I'll break down and have a shot or two myself. Sounds like a fun time!
I'd advise going to the convention sober, but if there's a late night rave or anything of the sort, then go crazy. :lol:

And somehow I'm not surprised someone would be stupid enough to try and cut off their arms. I couldn't stop laughing with how they described KS in that article calling it "an abomination" or whatever. Oh the irony.
Selim Bradley

Post by Selim Bradley »

SpecimenSix wrote:
And somehow I'm not surprised someone would be stupid enough to try and cut off their arms. I couldn't stop laughing with how they described KS in that article calling it "an abomination" or whatever. Oh the irony.
No, Rapelay was called an abomination, not Katawa Shoujo. But to this incident, as well as how the press handled it, all I can say is just...wow.
SpecimenSix

Post by SpecimenSix »

Selim Bradley wrote:
SpecimenSix wrote:
No, Rapelay was called an abomination, not Katawa Shoujo. But to this incident, as well as how the press handled it, all I can say is just...wow.
I don't think they called KS an abomination outright but they definitely said the creators should be ashamed or something of that sort. Which in my eyes is the same thing.