Still friends?

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

OtakuNinja

Re: Still friends?

Post by OtakuNinja »

Tomate wrote:I always assume that the canon ending is Kenji's ending.
Yeah, you do get that feeling, don't you? :lol:
Xanatos wrote: Hanako: They're part bacon.
Emi: They conquered Earth by beating all the nations' leaders in a race and promptly retitled the planet Lemonrapia. Dystopian future ensues.
Now I won't be able to sleep. :lol:

Misha: They're "dentists". :P
Emibro, Hanabro, [Lilly Lover], Rin Kin, Feminist, Two-timer
(Passively working on my KS YouTube series. Someday...)
TehLandshark

Post by TehLandshark »

win746 wrote:
OtakuNinja wrote:It's my belief that Lilly moves to Scotland and never returns. :P
Unless Hisao convinced Lilly to stay in Japan. Or maybe Lilly got Hisao to move with her to Scotland. :D I still think Lilly and Hanako will both try to maintain a long distance friendship, but it will be hard.
Hisao bitches about English way too much to consider the possibility of both living in Scotland.
Lilly, if truthful at the wheatfield, cared way too much about losing Hisao to consider the possibility of her separating the two.

My belief is that in reality, Hisao would not have left Lilly alone for 3 days and tried to figure out what to do before leaving at the last second to have a heart attack and scare her into staying. Also, if Lilly had truly meant what she had said back at the wheatfield, she would have discussed her decision with Hisao before even attempting to make it. Her dilemma is that Hisao won't be there for her, but she denies him his best opportunity of doing so in favor of waiting until the last minute to tell him before leaving to go to Scotland.

Lilly would have talked to Hisao about it long before Akira tells him. If she waited, and Hisao found out, he would have begged at her feet to stay. She would confess that Hisao doesn't support her enough, and Hisao would change his ways.
Richter Bromont wrote:
Nurse wrote:You didn't... throw your medication at Seagulls again, did you?
Hisao wrote: FUCK YOU, THEY STARTED IT!
FoxtrotZero

Post by FoxtrotZero »

OtakuNinja wrote:It's my belief that Lilly moves to Scotland and never returns. :P
Get out. Do not return.

Anyway, I think OP pretty much hit the nail on the head. I know as the conclusion of my High School career looms on the horizon (i'm a Junior right now. For those not familiar with the American education system, next year is my 12th and final) I'm going to try pretty hard to stay in touch with some of the friends I made.

'Cept, the thing is, a lot of my closest friends I met in middle school, and a lot of them went to a different High School because zoning. I'm still extremely close friends with some of them, and that wouldn't be possible without facebook. We're not as close as I'd like to be, but I'm sure as our schedules become more malleable in the future (and involve less homework and parents) we'll see each other more often than every couple of months.
Reccomended Fanfic: Sisterhood by Guest Poster - Braving the Storm by Doomish - Akira Pseudo-Route (WIP) by Thanatos02
Umber

Post by Umber »

FoxtrotZero wrote:
Anyway, I think OP pretty much hit the nail on the head. I know as the conclusion of my High School career looms on the horizon (i'm a Junior right now. For those not familiar with the American education system, next year is my 12th and final) I'm going to try pretty hard to stay in touch with some of the friends I made.

'Cept, the thing is, a lot of my closest friends I met in middle school, and a lot of them went to a different High School because zoning. I'm still extremely close friends with some of them, and that wouldn't be possible without facebook. We're not as close as I'd like to be, but I'm sure as our schedules become more malleable in the future (and involve less homework and parents) we'll see each other more often than every couple of months.
Lucky.

Most of my friends, I'll probably lose touch with. As much as I would want to keep in contact with them after high school (I'm a junior as well), I can't see them wanting to. Or rather, not wanting to put the effort into doing so. There's also a medically-related thing I'm going to have to look forward to in the future, so that could cross off a couple opportunities for me to meet with my friends. There's only a handful of people that I'm probably not going to lose in the transition to college. Which is fine, I still have lots of memories with the others, and Facebook (ugh) to connect with the rest.
-An occasional art thread.
pig dissections and cadaver examinations.
SpecimenSix

Post by SpecimenSix »

Umber wrote: Lucky.

Most of my friends, I'll probably lose touch with. As much as I would want to keep in contact with them after high school (I'm a junior as well), I can't see them wanting to. Or rather, not wanting to put the effort into doing so. There's also a medically-related thing I'm going to have to look forward to in the future, so that could cross off a couple opportunities for me to meet with my friends. There's only a handful of people that I'm probably not going to lose in the transition to college. Which is fine, I still have lots of memories with the others, and Facebook (ugh) to connect with the rest.
I wouldn't worry about that. You've still got time ahead of you, and as long as you keep the important ones close, that's all that really matters in the end. I only have one friend from high school that I'm still in touch with, my best friend since third grade. And I only get to see him a few days a month because of his work schedule. But at the same time I have met some more people here at college, and I am a very anti-social person.
I am bad, and that's good. I will never be good, and that's not bad. There is no one I would rather be than me.
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

Umber wrote:
FoxtrotZero wrote:

Lucky.

School friends are temporary. That's just how life works out for most. I wouldn't know firsthand though.
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
<KeiichiO>: "That's a beautiful response to chocolate."
SpecimenSix

Post by SpecimenSix »

Xanatos wrote: School friends are temporary. That's just how life works out for most. I wouldn't know firsthand though.
Indeed, the memories are more important than anything. And if they are important than they'll stick around even after high school.
I am bad, and that's good. I will never be good, and that's not bad. There is no one I would rather be than me.
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

SpecimenSix wrote:
Xanatos wrote: School friends are temporary. That's just how life works out for most. I wouldn't know firsthand though.
Indeed, the memories are more important than anything. And if they are important than they'll stick around even after high school.
Until your memory craps out on ya.
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
Umber

Post by Umber »

Xanatos wrote:
SpecimenSix wrote:
You're so optomistic, Xan. Such a great friend.
-An occasional art thread.
pig dissections and cadaver examinations.
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

Hey, my downer attitude has been hard-earned. :P That happens when you can only count maybe three legit friends and two of them have faded to nothing but names and vague fragments of recollection.

@Foxtrot: "Homework" and "parents" just get replaced with "real work" and "your boss". :lol:
Last edited by Xanatos on Sun Mar 03, 2013 2:48 am, edited 2 times in total.
SpecimenSix

Post by SpecimenSix »

Umber wrote:
Xanatos wrote:
SpecimenSix wrote: Indeed, the memories are more important than anything. And if they are important than they'll stick around even after high school.
You're so optomistic, Xan. Such a great friend.
:lol: Well if you drink enough that's bound to happen eventually...
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

YZQ

Post by YZQ »

There is always the chance that paths will cross each other without prior planning. It's very hard to keep up sincere friendship with many people spread out over long distances. If you find yourself getting exhausted, perhaps just let them go and wish them good luck.
"Nothing is beneath man. Everything is permitted."

"...since love and fear can hardly exist together, if we must choose between them, it is far safer to be feared than loved. However, it is important above all to avoid being hated."
Dream

Post by Dream »

Xanatos wrote:Hey, my downer attitude has been hard-earned. :P That happens when you can only count maybe three legit friends and two of them have faded to nothing but names and vague fragments of recollection.

@Foxtrot: "Homework" and "parents" just get replaced with "real work" and "your boss". :lol:
Damn, i almost wonder if those friends who faded to nothing died or something (met some people whose best friends did die, kinda tragic) In any case it is true that high-school friendship rarely last beyond high-school proper. It has been the case for me and i do feel pretty guilty on the fact i never tried to keep contact with them. Then again there is facebook...

And yeah, it's most likely that adult life is not that different, unfortunately.
"It is not reason, more or less furnished, but will that makes the world march"

"Unfortunately, if you can think of something really stupid, someone out there probably believes it." -Xanatos
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

Dream wrote:
Xanatos wrote:Hey, my downer attitude has been hard-earned. :P That happens when you can only count maybe three legit friends and two of them have faded to nothing but names and vague fragments of recollection.

Damn, i almost wonder if those friends who faded to nothing died or something (met some people whose best friends did die, kinda tragic) In any case it is true that high-school friendship rarely last beyond high-school proper. It has been the case for me and i do feel pretty guilty on the fact i never tried to keep contact with them. Then again there is facebook...

And yeah, it's most likely that adult life is not that different, unfortunately.
Well, back when I knew them, the internet wasn't quite the unholy behemoth it's become...

And if anything, I'd wager 'adult life' would be worse. :lol: As a kid, you can stay up all night with the TV and the worst you'll get is an earful of bullshit from teachers for sleeping in class. Adults get fired. :lol: