A wave of Deus Ex Machina washes over Yamaku...

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Karnewarrior

Re: A wave of Deus Ex Machina washes over Yamaku...

Post by Karnewarrior »

It only took four pages for this to be derailed.

It's kind of like Bay12 but with more reaction images and fewer cripples.
Not Mine:
A Perfectly Normal High School - Transit eros, philia est sempiternum
Puella Magi Adfligo Systema - "incubators math discard math pets fuzzys Asunaro caw caw"
Mine:
Ikusaba Quest [DR/???] - "In one moment, Earth; in the next, Hell." ~ Queen Sonia Nevermind, on the First Tragedy
griffon8

Post by griffon8 »

And here's my take.

I found out about Katawa Shoujo through the forums of Misfile. There, I am the editor of Misfiled Dreams.

Completed: 100%, including bonus picture. Shizune>Emi>Lilly>Hanako>Rin

Griffon8's Writing
Karnewarrior

Post by Karnewarrior »

Jovereign wrote: Hanako: Her personality changes the most here. Still Hanako and still a little shy, but is a lot more approachable and most of all, she will definitely bring all the boys to the yard. Shes still pretty with the scars, but without them? Every guy would dawn all over her.
-snip-
Rin: As someone else said, she wouldn't know what to do with arms if she had them. Her reaction would be something along the lines of "what the hell are these? What would I need them for?". She would be able to dress herself up and go to the bathroom by herself sure, but would still do all the other actitives with her legs because that's Rin for you.

-Jovereign
Rerailing the thread here.

Hanako: I think Hanako's insecurity would still be pretty big for a while. It's not caused by her scarring so much as her old friends turning on her because of the scars. Still, I could see her growing less and less insecure as time goes by, as people stop noticing the scars as they... er... aren't there. I see Hanako as someone who would be a kind caring, and powerful person above all, if she didn't get panic attacks just by being around people. I could see a Hanako without problems being a sort of nice Shizune. A Shizune with way more empathy... but still a kind of Shizune-type force-of-nature. But since this doesn't effect memories or outside events she's going to carry that trauma with her, so Hanako would be effected, but a slow, lingering effect that turns her into something more than a shrinking violet wallflower.

Rin: As far as Rin and arms go, I think everyone can agree she wouldn't quite use them like you might expect her to. Rin is a weird gal (and mah second-place waifu, after Azumanga's Osaka) and I don't even think she'd try to use them without outside prodding. Eventually though I could see her using her hands more and more out of convenience, but she'd probably keep using her feet as well. She'd be like a monkey, four graspers, two of which happen to double as feet. She'd definitely paint with her feet still, though I imagine she'd toss together a few paintings with her hands to see what it feels like. As I said before, I can definitely see her getting kind of touchy-feely with stuff, since fingers are more sensitive. I also bet that since her hands are brand new they'd be baby soft (HNNNGG) and extra-sensitive.
Not Mine:
Puella Magi Adfligo Systema - "incubators math discard math pets fuzzys Asunaro caw caw"
Mine:
Ikusaba Quest [DR/???] - "In one moment, Earth; in the next, Hell." ~ Queen Sonia Nevermind, on the First Tragedy
pandaphil

Post by pandaphil »

I can see Hanako being a little bitter and suspicious towards people outside her circle of friends.

"When I had my scars you guys wouldn't even look at me. Now I'm pretty and you won't leave me alone? Fuck all of you!"
"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things. But vice versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things or make them unimportant." ~ The Doctor.
Steinherz

Post by Steinherz »

pandaphil wrote:I can see Hanako being a little bitter and suspicious towards people outside her circle of friends.

"When I had my scars you guys wouldn't even look at me. Now I'm pretty and you won't leave me alone? Fuck all of you!"
I can actually 100% see Hanako saying that.
Is that bad?
I write take a look, would you kindly?
I also draw, kind of.
KeiichiO wrote:You shall now, and forever be known as, "Steinherz, The Great".
Oddball wrote:It's an obvious mistake. Both are disfigured orphans that read alot and both wear green skirts.
YZQ

Post by YZQ »

Steinherz wrote:
pandaphil wrote:I can see Hanako being a little bitter and suspicious towards people outside her circle of friends.

Is that bad?
No, it's not. I already had Hisao say something like that earlier on.
"Nothing is beneath man. Everything is permitted."

"...since love and fear can hardly exist together, if we must choose between them, it is far safer to be feared than loved. However, it is important above all to avoid being hated."
Umber

Post by Umber »

Steinherz wrote:

Is that bad?
Of course not.
If you saw her becoming an attention whore that liked being noticed by those old "friends", I would say something was wrong with you.

Miki would probably be the same case as Emi, not much changes. But she can punch people with her left hook, now.
-An occasional art thread.
pig dissections and cadaver examinations.
pandaphil

Post by pandaphil »

Miki would still be Miki. Judging by the bandages, I can guess she only recently lost her hand. So she'd probably just be quietly grateful to have it back.
"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things. But vice versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things or make them unimportant." ~ The Doctor.
Karnewarrior

Post by Karnewarrior »

pandaphil wrote:Miki would still be Miki. Judging by the bandages, I can guess she only recently lost her hand. So she'd probably just be quietly grateful to have it back.
>miki
>quiet

lololololololo
Not Mine:
Mine:
Oddball

Post by Oddball »

Despite not being disabled at all, this would completely change Misha. If Shizune has a voice and can be as loud as she wants to be, there's no reason for Misha to constantly try to get everybody's attentions.

She'd basically be demoted to being the quiet sidekick.
Not Dead Yet
Steinherz

Post by Steinherz »

Oddball wrote:Despite not being disabled at all, this would completely change Misha. If Shizune has a voice and can be as loud as she wants to be, there's no reason for Misha to constantly try to get everybody's attentions.

She'd basically be demoted to being the quiet sidekick.
>Misha
>Quiet

What?
I write take a look, would you kindly?
I also draw, kind of.
KeiichiO wrote:You shall now, and forever be known as, "Steinherz, The Great".
Oddball wrote:It's an obvious mistake. Both are disfigured orphans that read alot and both wear green skirts.
YZQ

Post by YZQ »

Well, her loud persona is a mask of sorts. She'll definitely quiet down, but if she hams it up, her laugh will still be awesome.
"Nothing is beneath man. Everything is permitted."

"...since love and fear can hardly exist together, if we must choose between them, it is far safer to be feared than loved. However, it is important above all to avoid being hated."
SpecimenSix

Post by SpecimenSix »

Umber wrote: The kid in the back of the class, top right, behind Shizu-Misha. Becomes. Gaben! Or SpecimenSix.
:lol: OH GOD I CAN'T BREATHE!
I am bad, and that's good. I will never be good, and that's not bad. There is no one I would rather be than me.
SpecimenSix

Post by SpecimenSix »

Selim Bradley wrote: It never was the same after Milly Ashford graduated and stepped down as Student Council President.
HAVE MY BABIES! :twisted:
I am bad, and that's good. I will never be good, and that's not bad. There is no one I would rather be than me.
Selim Bradley

Post by Selim Bradley »

SpecimenSix wrote:
Selim Bradley wrote: It never was the same after Milly Ashford graduated and stepped down as Student Council President.
HAVE MY BABIES! :twisted:
Hooray! Somebody got the reference!

As for having your babies, sorry but that's not biologically possible.
I am the male version of Hanako Ikezawa.