A wave of Deus Ex Machina washes over Yamaku...

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

pandaphil

Re: A wave of Deus Ex Machina washes over Yamaku...

Post by pandaphil »

HarvestmanMan wrote:If everyone regained their disabilities, they would no longer need to attend Yamaku, and would be withdrawn, and would probably not see each other ever again.

I ain't pessimistic, I'm realistic
Well, Yamaku allows non-disabled students to attend as well, and a lot of them would need time to learn to use their new body parts. And even if they're not disabled any longer, its still their school, and many students feel some attachment to it. Although a lot of parents would want to transfer their kids out at the end of the year.
"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things. But vice versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things or make them unimportant." ~ The Doctor.
win746

Post by win746 »

Well from what I gathered most of the students doesn't have much "school spirit". I think main casts still try to attend the same school though.
Katie wrote:I hate men
This board is being invaded by feminists, spread the word!
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

win746 wrote:Well from what I gathered most of the students doesn't have much "school spirit". I think main casts still try to attend the same school though.
And just where did you gather any of that from? There's nothing in the game about it one way or the other.
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
<KeiichiO>: "That's a beautiful response to chocolate."
pandaphil

Post by pandaphil »

win746 wrote:Well from what I gathered most of the students doesn't have much "school spirit". I think main casts still try to attend the same school though.
I dunno, I've gotten the impression that Japanese school students are big on school spirit. And lord knows everyone seemed to bust their asses pretty hard leading up to the festival.
"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things. But vice versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things or make them unimportant." ~ The Doctor.
win746

Post by win746 »

Xanatos wrote:
And just where did you gather any of that from? There's nothing in the game about it one way or the other.

They seem to be so uninterested in school events or festivals, maybe that's just how I thought it then.
Katie wrote:I hate men
This board is being invaded by feminists, spread the word!
YZQ

Post by YZQ »

win746 wrote:
Xanatos wrote:

They seem to be so uninterested in school events or festivals, maybe that's just how I thought it then.
The festival is said to be quite bustling in all routes (even the Manly Picnic one).
"Nothing is beneath man. Everything is permitted."

"...since love and fear can hardly exist together, if we must choose between them, it is far safer to be feared than loved. However, it is important above all to avoid being hated."
OtakuNinja

Post by OtakuNinja »

Xanatos wrote:
The lack of students in the student council, maybe? :P
Emibro, Hanabro, [Lilly Lover], Rin Kin, Feminist, Two-timer
(Passively working on my KS YouTube series. Someday...)
YZQ

Post by YZQ »

OtakuNinja wrote: The lack of students in the student council, maybe? :P
That one is Shizune's failure at leadership. That is also why I can understand why Jigoro disdains the Council.

"...since love and fear can hardly exist together, if we must choose between them, it is far safer to be feared than loved. However, it is important above all to avoid being hated."
Selim Bradley

Post by Selim Bradley »

YZQ wrote:
That one is Shizune's failure at leadership. That is also why I can understand why Jigoro disdains the Council.
It never was the same after Milly Ashford graduated and stepped down as Student Council President.
I am the male version of Hanako Ikezawa.
pandaphil

Post by pandaphil »

YZQ wrote:
This. She and Misha scare the hell out of everyone. Otoh, everyone in her class seems to love Lily.
OtakuNinja

Post by OtakuNinja »

pandaphil wrote:
YZQ wrote:
Everyone in her class seems to love Lily.
Of course. ;)
Emibro, Hanabro, [Lilly Lover], Rin Kin, Feminist, Two-timer
(Passively working on my KS YouTube series. Someday...)
Kutagh

Post by Kutagh »

@Kanewarrior: Yeah, her ears would be sensitive as hell, considering the fact that the nerve ending for hearing hasn't been stimulated for years. And she wouldn't understand anything for several months, hearing is extremely tiresome... I know from experience, due to having a Cochlear Implant (and nope, augmentations won't speed that whole 'learning to hear' process up since it is your brain that has to learn it, not your ear).
Umber wrote:Didn't Shizune hear for a bit, before the infections took away that sense? I wonder if she'd be able to understand her father. Or hear how loud Misha is.
Misha's laugh could probably wake the dead.
It has never been mentioned how or when Shizune lost her hearing. And no, she wouldn't be able to understand anyone immediately, this costs at least a couple months to understand basic sentences. After a year, you'll be able to understand most sentences but still have difficulty understanding it in less than ideal situations. However, she'd hear how loud Misha is and have terrible headache every time Misha speaks in the first half year :P
YZQ

Post by YZQ »

Kutagh made a very good point: on the issue of the senses, the brain often plays an important part. There are rare cases where the organ in question is totally fine, but the part of the brain in charge of interpreting signals is busted. You still lose the sense.

Jovereign

Post by Jovereign »

Lilly: As weird as this may sound, I don't think her life would change THAT much. She would still act like the Lilly we all know and love. She would simply just adapt to this new change in being able to see now.

Hanako: Her personality changes the most here. Still Hanako and still a little shy, but is a lot more approachable and most of all, she will definitely bring all the boys to the yard. Shes still pretty with the scars, but without them? Every guy would dawn all over her.

Emi: Happier with her legs back, but not much of a personality change due to the fact that she would still act the way she acts Because of the death of her father. She would than proceed to running in the olympics probably.

Shizune: Honestly, I have no idea. She's a total question mark. Her father would like her more...I guess?

Rin: As someone else said, she wouldn't know what to do with arms if she had them. Her reaction would be something along the lines of "what the hell are these? What would I need them for?". She would be able to dress herself up and go to the bathroom by herself sure, but would still do all the other actitives with her legs because that's Rin for you.

-Jovereign
Carighan

Post by Carighan »

pandaphil wrote:This. She and Misha scare the hell out of everyone. Otoh, everyone in her class seems to love Lily.
But they're both so... awesome.
(ofc, getting to actually know them takes a wee bit more than getting yelled at by them repeatedly :P )
The strength of heart to face oneself has been made manifest. The persona Carighan has appeared.