Suggestion for KS 2 and a new character

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Lapis

Re: Suggestion for KS 2 and a new character

Post by Lapis »

I would also like to include that Yamaku has been described as not accepting mental disorders. Unless they were talking about retardation and various afflictions under that, your character, even though she is wonderful, wouldn't be allowed to attend the school. D:
pandaphil

Post by pandaphil »

Lapis wrote:I would also like to include that Yamaku has been described as not accepting mental disorders. Unless they were talking about retardation and various afflictions under that, your character, even though she is wonderful, wouldn't be allowed to attend the school. D:
Good point that. They can still have emotional problems (i.e. Kenji and Hanako), but they should probably be there primarily because of a physical ailment.
"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things. But vice versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things or make them unimportant." ~ The Doctor.
Fyn

Post by Fyn »

Exactly why the Church was there, silly! :P
Every students are placed in rooms where they are most appropriate. Lilys class is located beside the room of people who can easily help them (Hisao,Misha, Shizune and Hanako)
The mentally illed patients can be placed on places where they can enjoy serenity and order. Modern Asylums does not require chains and cells anymore. In fact, most mental diseases are cured by freedom, relaxation and a clockwork lifestyle (I did my research)
Fyn

Post by Fyn »

This had me thinking. What if Yamaku was exactly as what Akira said. "The place for everyone that the society does not want to see"?
If ever we had a new Protagonist, it would be nice for him to be the rebel outgoing type who sees the Yamaku institute as a kind of Discrimination project. Mouto said that the school was founded so the crippled can learn how to be a part of the society again. But thats an opinion given by a worker.
In reality, they are only being secluded from the outside world. Hisao said it himself that just by seeing his uniform, people stares at him to figure out his disability. We were not given any statistic about what civilization thinks of the graduated students, though.
We can start a debate here if a real life Yamaku project can be a good idea or not. :D
Last edited by Fyn on Thu Feb 21, 2013 11:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
metalangel

Post by metalangel »

Fyn wrote: If ever we had a new Protagonist, it would be nice for him to be the rebel outgoing type who sees the Yamaku institute as a kind of Discrimination project.
That, combined with the mental illness angle, is basically One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest.
Oddball

Post by Oddball »

Just ignore Xanatos. His opinion isn't worth more than anybody else's around here.

Yeah, there's almost definitely not going to be a sequel, prequel, or anything to that effect. Still, there's no harm is tossing out ideas just for the fun of it.
Not Dead Yet
pandaphil

Post by pandaphil »

Its an interesting notion Fyn. A bit too cynical for me though. I like to think the school exists for noble intentions. A place where people with special needs can get an extra level of attention.

Well, I guess I can post what I came up with, just for fun. Give everyone a good laugh. :oops:

Name: Tetrae Turner http://i677.photobucket.com/albums/vv13 ... bf590a.jpg

Sexuality: Homosexual

Appearance: Petite, with a very tan complexion, wears glasses for her nearsightedness, and short hair. There's a barely noticeable red stripe dying into her hair. Its the one act of youthful rebellion in an otherwise conservative young lady. She has several puncture scars oh her left shoulder. The result of an attack at her previous school.

Personality: Soft spoken, and maybe a little old fashioned, since she's the daughter of an older couple. She has an aggressive dislike of bullies, and is hypersensitive about teasing, even when its just friendly teasing. With so many issues in her younger life, she often thinks there's something wrong with her, so she tries to compensate by trying a bit too hard to be helpful, often putting others needs and happiness before her own. She has an interest in nature, and is fairly bright and well read.

Skills: She's an outstanding swimmer, doing laps at the schools pool every afternoon after classes. If the school had a swim team, she'd surely be the captain. She keeps a large aquarium in her dorm room, with many small fish, and a pet angelfish names Louis (after a character in an Anne Rice book). Her hope is to be a marine scientist one day, and likes to joke that its because she was named after a fish. She enjoys listening to J and K-pop tunes, and some techno. If you're careful, you might even catch her dancing when nobodies around, but she's not much of a party goer.

Bio: A daughter of native Hawaiian and Korean parents, her mom and dad were dedicated hippies in the 60's (hence her odd name) who came into a good bit of money working on the islands. Her folks separated when she was six, though she's still on good terms with both. She was mostly raised by her rather strict father.

Apart from having something of a self-esteem problem, she's also a very rare female hemophiliac. Unfortunately this tends to make her monthly periods rather severe, and she tends to feel tired and keep to herself during this one week of the month.

She was transferred to Yamaku one year ago after several years of bullying at the public school she attended in Hawaii after word of her sexual preference leaked out. She's always been introverted, but she soon lost the few friends she had. The fact that she liked helping out the teachers didn't help her reputation either.

One day, finally getting fed up, she lashed out at one of her tormentors, a particularly vicious female student with her own little clique. Tetrae was found by a janitor locked in a basement closet after classes a few days later. She had been stabbed in the arm and shoulder, and was bleeding badly. They barely got her to the hospital before she bled to death. The other girl was later expelled, although her accomplices were never found or punished.
After being transferred and shortly after expelled from another school for fighting with a student who tried to pick on a classmate, Her parents decided to send her to Yamaku, thinking they could deal with their 'problem daughter'.

Other: One of the few students who actually uses the pool for recreation, she often helps out with physical therapy classes, being a fun, and popular face there with both students and therapists. She's rather insecure about herself, though she hides it behind a friendly appearance. Like any girl her age, shes a bit of a dreamer, and would love to meet a loving partner someday. Shes not had much luck so far, since shes very shy about revealing her sexual preference. But she hasn't given up hope just yet.
Last edited by pandaphil on Thu Feb 21, 2013 11:23 pm, edited 5 times in total.
"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things. But vice versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things or make them unimportant." ~ The Doctor.
Fyn

Post by Fyn »

Your character can easily fit for a new Kenji. A great fanserving character :lol:
Its an interesting notion Fyn. A bit too cynical for me though. I like to think the school exists for noble intentions. A place where people with special needs can get an extra level of attention
Only the normal people believes that special people needs special attention. Just look at how Lily, Hanako, Shizune, Emi, Rin, Meiko and so many other characters can live with their disfigurements. Had they ever tried to blame their differences for not being able to live a good life?
NO!
I know of a person who can fit as a "disabled one". But his ability to cope with his life can make you feel less manly. And he will prefer to be called "Differently Abled"
Last edited by Fyn on Thu Feb 21, 2013 11:30 pm, edited 3 times in total.
pandaphil

Post by pandaphil »

Fyn wrote:Your character can easily fit for a new Kenji. A great fanserving character :lol:
Its an interesting notion Fyn. A bit too cynical for me though. I like to think the school exists for noble intentions. A place where people with special needs can get an extra level of attention
Only the normal people believes that special people needs special attention. Just look at how Lily, Hanako, Shizune, Emi, Rin, Meiko and so many other characters can live with their disfigurements. Had they ever tried to blame their differences for not being able to live a good life?
NO!

I know of a person who can fit as a "disabled one". But his ability to cope with his life can make you feel less manly. And he will prefer to be called "Differently Abled"
I am talking about this guy
I guess I didn't mean a place where they'd be treated differently, but more as a place that would have the ability to cater to their special needs. i.e. an extensive braille library, a hospital and medical staff on premises in case of problems. Stuff that there'd be limited access to in public schools because of time, budgets, etc.

Anyway, its an interesting discussion. Hopefully others will have thoughts on the matter.
Oddball

Post by Oddball »

Fyn wrote:Your character can easily fit for a new Kenji. A great fanserving character :lol:
There's nothing wrong with Meiko (nor does she go to the school), and if you're going to list people that think being disabled doesn't prevent them from having a good life, you really need to leave Hanako off that list.
Not Dead Yet
Steinherz

Post by Steinherz »

Oddball wrote:
There's nothing wrong with Meiko (nor does she go to the school), and if you're going to list people that think being disabled doesn't prevent them from having a good life, you really need to leave Hanako off that list.
I think they meant Emi.
I write take a look, would you kindly?
I also draw, kind of.
KeiichiO wrote:You shall now, and forever be known as, "Steinherz, The Great".
Oddball wrote:It's an obvious mistake. Both are disfigured orphans that read alot and both wear green skirts.
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

Only the normal people believes that special people needs special attention.
They all do need special attention. It's just more often called special needs.
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
<KeiichiO>: "That's a beautiful response to chocolate."
pandaphil

Post by pandaphil »

pandaphil wrote:
NO!

I am talking about this guy
I guess I didn't mean a place where they'd be treated differently, but more as a place that would have the ability to cater to their special needs. i.e. an extensive braille library, a hospital and medical staff on premises in case of problems. Stuff that they'd have limited access to in public schools because of time, budgets, etc. Where they can get an education without the distraction of being constantly treated like they're different from everyone else.

Anyway, its an interesting discussion. Hopefully others will have thoughts on the matter.
OtakuNinja

Post by OtakuNinja »

Xanatos said it all. This thread is plain stupid and democracy gives me the right to say it. :lol:
Emibro, Hanabro, [Lilly Lover], Rin Kin, Feminist, Two-timer
(Passively working on my KS YouTube series. Someday...)
pandaphil

Post by pandaphil »

OtakuNinja wrote:Xanatos said it all. This thread is plain stupid and democracy gives me the right to say it. :lol:
Yeah but you guys say that about every thread. :p