Career Day

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Xanatos

Re: Career Day

Post by Xanatos »

KeiichiO wrote:I would love to see that. Someone NEEDS to make a short animation like this.
I'll see if the insta-feels guy is busy.
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
<KeiichiO>: "That's a beautiful response to chocolate."
Sgt Spice

Post by Sgt Spice »

I think Rin could easily still make money off of her art, even good ending Rin. But other jobs I could see are, yoga instructor, tatoo artist, hell maybe even an art teacher.
Rin Kin
I have a very strong Rin-bias
"Just be"
pandaphil

Post by pandaphil »

Sgt Spice wrote:I think Rin could easily still make money off of her art, even good ending Rin. But other jobs I could see are, yoga instructor, tatoo artist, hell maybe even an art teacher.
Those are all possibilities. But she's really need to see a therapist or someone who could help her work out her communication problem.

Nothign would make me happier than to see her live a normal life.
"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things. But vice versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things or make them unimportant." ~ The Doctor.
YZQ

Post by YZQ »

pandaphil wrote:
Sgt Spice wrote:I think Rin could easily still make money off of her art, even good ending Rin. But other jobs I could see are, yoga instructor, tatoo artist, hell maybe even an art teacher.
Those are all possibilities. But she's really need to see a therapist or someone who could help her work out her communication problem.

Nothign would make me happier than to see her live a normal life.
Make that "retain her Rin-ness, and still able to communicate with the average Joe".
"Nothing is beneath man. Everything is permitted."

"...since love and fear can hardly exist together, if we must choose between them, it is far safer to be feared than loved. However, it is important above all to avoid being hated."
pandaphil

Post by pandaphil »

YZQ wrote:

Make that "retain her Rin-ness, and still able to communicate with the average Joe".
Well yeah. At least give her the ability to function in the real world. As she is now, she'd have a pretty grim future.
Last edited by pandaphil on Tue Feb 19, 2013 6:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things. But vice versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things or make them unimportant." ~ The Doctor.
YZQ

Post by YZQ »

pandaphil wrote:
Well yeah. At least give her the ability to function in the real world. As she is now, she'd have a pretty grim future.
Assuming that she's on her own Good End, first thing Hisao should do after their little excursion is to get her a diary, and tell her to use it. Getting her to pen down her thoughts one day at a time sems like a good starting point.
"Nothing is beneath man. Everything is permitted."

"...since love and fear can hardly exist together, if we must choose between them, it is far safer to be feared than loved. However, it is important above all to avoid being hated."
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

Yoga instructor...I somehow doubt Rin has any interest in yoga or its instruction. :lol:
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
Sgt Spice

Post by Sgt Spice »

Xanatos wrote:
Yoga instructor...I somehow doubt Rin has any interest in yoga or its instruction. :lol:
I could see Rin doing yoga. Actually, no you're probably right never mind.
But Rin could still go to art school on scholarship in the good ending, and she would be with Hisao.
Rin Kin
"Just be"
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

Sgt Spice wrote:
Xanatos wrote:
I could see Rin doing yoga. Actually, no you're probably right never mind.
But Rin could still go to art school on scholarship in the good ending, and she would be with Hisao.
It'd be a waste of a scholarship. Rin doesn't want to be an artist. She wants to paint.
Sgt Spice

Post by Sgt Spice »

Xanatos wrote:
It'd be a waste of a scholarship. Rin doesn't want to be an artist. She wants to paint.
Hm yes. But she could still make a career out of her paintings, since it's really the only thing she can do well. May be she could go to art school on scholarship to be an art teacher?
Rin Kin
"Just be"
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

Sgt Spice wrote:it's really the only thing she can do well.
According to who? Some guy who knew her for all of a few weeks, half of which she spent alone in a room? :P

She can't make a career out of her paintings because she doesn't want a career out of her paintings. That's why the exhibit went bad. Painting only demands that she enjoy painting. A career in it demands far more that she does not want or cannot do. As for teaching art...It's Rin. Do you really think she understands art in any teachable way? :lol:
Sgt Spice

Post by Sgt Spice »

Xanatos wrote:
According to who? Some guy who knew her for all of a few weeks, half of which she spent alone in a room? :P

She can't make a career out of her paintings because she doesn't want a career out of her paintings. That's why the exhibit went bad. Painting only demands that she enjoy painting. A career in it demands far more that she does not want or cannot do. As for teaching art...It's Rin. Do you really think she understands art in any teachable way? :lol:
Didn't Rin herself say that painting is really the only things she could do well? But regardless you bring up a good point. Both with the teaching and career part. But don't you think it could be possible for her to find pleasure in painting and also get paid for doing it? She has to find something for her future, but I guess it could really be anything. Rin finds a way.
Rin Kin
"Just be"
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

Sgt Spice wrote:
Xanatos wrote:

Didn't Rin herself say that painting is really the only things she could do well? But regardless you bring up a good point. Both with the teaching and career part. But don't you think it could be possible for her to find pleasure in painting and also get paid for doing it? She has to find something for her future, but I guess it could really be anything. Rin finds a way.
Of course she'd say that. It's all she ever tries to do. :lol: She could always go the Da Vinci/deviantart route and just take commissions. :lol:
Sgt Spice

Post by Sgt Spice »

Xanatos wrote:
Of course she'd say that. It's all she ever tries to do. :lol: She could always go the Da Vinci/deviantart route and just take commissions. :lol:
I could see her going the deviantart route. It would be easier for her to communicate with people over the internet (I think) than face to face as well. Maybe she could do some graphic design or something.
Rin Kin
"Just be"
Dream

Post by Dream »

Sgt Spice wrote:Didn't Rin herself say that painting is really the only things she could do well? But regardless you bring up a good point. Both with the teaching and career part. But don't you think it could be possible for her to find pleasure in painting and also get paid for doing it? She has to find something for her future, but I guess it could really be anything. Rin finds a way.
Rin is a fucked up teenager who barely even understand herself, her self assesment is about as reliable and accurate as Shinji Ikari's.
Xanatos wrote:Of course she'd say that. It's all she ever tries to do. :lol: She could always go the Da Vinci/deviantart route and just take commissions. :lol:
Man i love how you connected Da Vinci and Deviantart with the same slash :lol:
"It is not reason, more or less furnished, but will that makes the world march"

"Unfortunately, if you can think of something really stupid, someone out there probably believes it." -Xanatos