The Mutou Appreciation Thread

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Pascalla

Re: The Mutou Appreciation Thread

Post by Pascalla »

I really liked Mutou. Okay, so whenever I ran into him, I started to get this... bored feeling, but I really did like him as a character.
He has a couple of flaws as a person, but goodness he's really someone that you can smile at when he's happy.
Really, I love whenever he's happy with Hisao, and it was really nice to see how comfortable he seemed when he was in his element.
Maybe it's just that I was happy to get some sort of teacher's approval as well. :)
ImageViolently sob as you begin to nod at some of the things that Kenji is saying.Image
Dream

Post by Dream »

Oddball wrote:Except Nomiya. They seem to have a mutual dislike of each other.
Yeah, i can imagine that Mutou considers Nomiya an uncaring jerk towards his students (he probably did things similar to forcing Rin before, if less intense) and likewise Nomiya considers Mutou a lazy, soft teacher who doesn't care to get too involved with his students's lives outside his obligation.
"It is not reason, more or less furnished, but will that makes the world march"

"Unfortunately, if you can think of something really stupid, someone out there probably believes it." -Xanatos
Umber

Post by Umber »

Because we all love Mutou, he deserves a shot for Meiko. Or Sae.

Every time Mutou entered, I felt like he was subliminally trying to teach Hisao a lesson, either about school or his relationship. That might be just me, but whatever. He seemed like a better teacher than most at my school.
-An occasional art thread.
pig dissections and cadaver examinations.
pandaphil

Post by pandaphil »

Umber wrote:Because we all love Mutou, he deserves a shot for Meiko. Or Sae.
Unless he's already seeing someone. We never got an explanation as to why he was so worn out the morning after the Festival.
"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things. But vice versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things or make them unimportant." ~ The Doctor.
Steinherz

Post by Steinherz »

pandaphil wrote:
Unless he's already seeing someone. We never got an explanation as to why he was so worn out the morning after the Festival.
I think it's assumed he has a hangover.
Well, I personally think it's a hangover.
I write take a look, would you kindly?
I also draw, kind of.
KeiichiO wrote:You shall now, and forever be known as, "Steinherz, The Great".
Oddball wrote:It's an obvious mistake. Both are disfigured orphans that read alot and both wear green skirts.
pandaphil

Post by pandaphil »

Steinherz wrote:

I think it's assumed he has a hangover.
Well, I personally think it's a hangover.[/quote]

Thats what I figured. I just hope he wasn't off somewhere drinking alone.
"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things. But vice versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things or make them unimportant." ~ The Doctor.
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

Umber wrote:Every time Mutou entered, I felt like he was subliminally trying to teach Hisao a lesson, either about school or his relationship.
Mutou is Mr. Feeny. Canon.
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
<KeiichiO>: "That's a beautiful response to chocolate."
OtakuNinja

Post by OtakuNinja »

pandaphil wrote:
Maybe it's Yuuko? :P

I watched Tuesdays with Morrie yesterday and I couldn't stop thinking about Mutou. It made the movie so much better! Tuesdays with Mutou, anyone? :lol:
Emibro, Hanabro, [Lilly Lover], Rin Kin, Feminist, Two-timer
(Passively working on my KS YouTube series. Someday...)
Umber

Post by Umber »

Unfinished sketch, hi-ho.
Musao.
Attachments
Not tech-savvy enough to know how to resize this.
Not tech-savvy enough to know how to resize this.
Scan0001.jpg (224.84 KiB) Viewed 3900 times
Zailen

Post by Zailen »

Mutou was a very enjoyable character for me. He did seem a tad awkward yes, and alot of students didn't get it, yes. But I still believe that he's a very competant teacher. I had a teacher like him in high school too. He taught world history. Let me tell you something. Not -one- student gave two shits about history, and thus, didn't even try to engage to learn. It sort of made me a tad sad. This instructor tended to drone a bit in a more shy and socially awkward style. Every day was the same. He'd tell us stories about the past, write a few things on the board, and then...Near the end of the day. He'd get this small smile on his face, where you could tell that he's getting awkward, because at that moment, he'd share something a bit more personal about himself that pertained to the topic. Whether it be a video clip, a song that had to do with it on the stereo, or old photos. You could tell right there, that even though he wasn't so great with the students confidence wise, he had a great passion for what he was doing, knew how to do his job well, and most importantly, knew that you cant get a student to grasp a subject by just teaching it one way. This instructor really flushed out my love for history, and I knew since my Sophomore year, that I wanted to teach it too. I TA'd for him for two years, and he really took me under his wing while I was in school. I've been graduated from high school for about four years now, and i haven't let go of that dream.

What does this have to do with Mutou you may ask? Look how he took to Hisao? It was in much the same way as my instructor took to me. Hisao decided through Mutou that he wanted to teach science, and that was coming from a place where Hisao had no idea what he wanted to do with his life. I thought that was a very profound thing. If a teacher can get just one student to be truelly interested in what they are teaching. They are doing it right. Mutou didn't give up on Hisao, and even if it was through professional means, he guided him through alot of issues too. Plus. He always made me smile because I read his name like "Mewtwo" at first. And that made me laugh. I -know- thats not how its pronounced. I know the correct pronunciation, but I just LIKE it that way xD
YZQ

Post by YZQ »

The loss is on them. History is a very cool trip, if you know how to approach it.
"Nothing is beneath man. Everything is permitted."

"...since love and fear can hardly exist together, if we must choose between them, it is far safer to be feared than loved. However, it is important above all to avoid being hated."
SpecimenSix

Post by SpecimenSix »

YZQ wrote:The loss is on them. History is a very cool trip, if you know how to approach it.
Indeed it is. History is fascinating, one of my favorite subjects in college. It's a shame I cant picture myself being a teacher, but if I were, I would definitely model myself after Mutou. :lol:
I am bad, and that's good. I will never be good, and that's not bad. There is no one I would rather be than me.
Umber

Post by Umber »

SpecimenSix wrote:
YZQ wrote:The loss is on them. History is a very cool trip, if you know how to approach it.
Indeed it is. History is fascinating, one of my favorite subjects in college. It's a shame I cant picture myself being a teacher, but if I were, I would definitely model myself after Mutou. :lol:
I like History, but I've had bad experiences with the teachers in the past. They've all been terrible.
Psychology/Engineering route for me in college, hopefully. Maybe one day, I'll meet the Nurse. Somehow.
SpecimenSix

Post by SpecimenSix »

Umber wrote:
SpecimenSix wrote:
I like History, but I've had bad experiences with the teachers in the past. They've all been terrible.
Psychology/Engineering route for me in college, hopefully. Maybe one day, I'll meet the Nurse. Somehow.
Mine always liked me back in high school because I actually paid attention and got decent grades. Most of my professors I've talked to hear seem pretty cool too. From my experience anyways, it makes a difference when they know you're paying attention and their lesson is getting through to someone. Much like the way Mutou is with Hisao when it comes to science.
I am bad, and that's good. I will never be good, and that's not bad. There is no one I would rather be than me.
OtakuNinja

Post by OtakuNinja »

Umber wrote:Maybe one day, I'll meet the Nurse. Somehow.
Why would you want that? :lol:
Emibro, Hanabro, [Lilly Lover], Rin Kin, Feminist, Two-timer
(Passively working on my KS YouTube series. Someday...)