The "feels" bazaar.

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Xanatos

Re: The "feels" bazaar.

Post by Xanatos »

simmr001 wrote:Yeah, she mentions it in the library after kanji has a bone to pick with hisao.

If her native blood kicks in I think hanako will do fine, as will Lilly obviously. This comes begrudgingly from a southern Englishman. :wink:

Father will probably kick up a fuss early, (Japan logic: you sleep with multiple people of the same gender? Fine. You have a short term relationship with the same gender? Fair enough. Serious relationship? Discouraged,Discriminated, Disowned.) But if hanako can hold her ground, I think he'll get over it.

So people who have friends in Japan are disowned?
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
<KeiichiO>: "That's a beautiful response to chocolate."
pandaphil

Post by pandaphil »

simmr001 wrote:Yeah, she mentions it in the library after kanji has a bone to pick with hisao.

If her native blood kicks in I think hanako will do fine, as will Lilly obviously. This comes begrudgingly from a southern Englishman. :wink:

Father will probably kick up a fuss early, (Japan logic: you sleep with multiple people of the same gender? Fine. You have a short term relationship with the same gender? Fair enough. Serious relationship? Discouraged,Discriminated, Disowned.) But if hanako can hold her ground, I think he'll get over it.
Hmmm, where does the same gender thing come from? I'm working under the assumption that Lilly and Hanako are just best friends. Or am I missing a point?

As for the dad, if he were a real dick he'd probably treat Hanako the same way he would if his daughter brought a stray home. Just another mouth to feed for no benefit. But I'd love to see Lilly's mom stand up to him, put an arm around Hanako and welcome her into the household.

"You took my little girls away from me once. I'll be damned if I'm going to let you do it again!"
"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things. But vice versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things or make them unimportant." ~ The Doctor.
YZQ

Post by YZQ »

Now to think about it, why didn't the parents visit them even after moving back to Scotland? True, plane tickets aren't as cheap in the 90s and 00s as it is now, but once a year visits surely is not asking too much?
"Nothing is beneath man. Everything is permitted."

"...since love and fear can hardly exist together, if we must choose between them, it is far safer to be feared than loved. However, it is important above all to avoid being hated."
Oddball

Post by Oddball »

YZQ wrote:Now to think about it, why didn't the parents visit them even after moving back to Scotland? True, plane tickets aren't as cheap in the 90s and 00s as it is now, but once a year visits surely is not asking too much?
That probably just falls under "more important things to do."

I'm sure they called and talked to her and that's gotta count for something, but everytime it was time to make a trip something came up. :roll:

Or maybe they just knew that going to Japan would mean they'd have to go visit the extended family (Jigoro and his offspring) and decided to avoid that altogether. :wink:
Not Dead Yet
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

Hey, his offspring aren't that bad. :lol: It's just him they have to avoid.
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
<KeiichiO>: "That's a beautiful response to chocolate."
simmr001

Post by simmr001 »

Xanatos wrote:Hey, his offspring aren't that bad. :lol: It's just him they have to avoid.
An overly blunt wholesome cross dresser, whose has no sense of tact and a deaf girl who's well known for treating people as enemies through who they are associated with. considering the fathers reaction to his own daughter is to abandon her... Yeah :?
Count Crainic

Post by Count Crainic »

Good day chaps, first time here so I guess that it couldn't be better to share the feels, which are many and profound indeed.

>tfw Hanako goes ape-shit on Hisao in the bad ending
Pretty much I still feel wrecked emotionally after it, finished her ARC 2 nights ago, feeling like the scum of the earth is an understatement.

>tfw Lilly almost left forever to Scotland and left Hisao
I got the good ending, but it is pretty much one of the two parts (other being Hanako explaining how she got the scars) that made me shed tears, and I am pretty much the emotionless sort, so what makes me cry gets a "genius writing" award from me, nothing got me up to that point, not even Lion King.

>tfw Hanako crying in her room
Can't comprehend how I got that bad from that point, not only that part made me cry, but also add up the bad ending and you got some harsh kind of feels.

These are only a few, some still sunk deep within me, but I guess that all can be described by one pic:

On a serious side, Katawa Shoujo change me for the better, although tearing me up emotionally, I can confidently say that it changed me for the better.
Completion: Lilly-> Hanako
Best: Lilly>Hanako
SpecimenSix

Post by SpecimenSix »

Count Crainic wrote:Good day chaps, first time here so I guess that it couldn't be better to share the feels, which are many and profound indeed.
Welcome aboard Count, hopefully you'll stick around with us for awhile. KS is packed with some of the most feels I've ever experienced, we all know where you're coming from. I usually had to wait a couple days after reading each arc to start the next one, there were just too many feels to be sorted out.
On a serious side, Katawa Shoujo change me for the better, although tearing me up emotionally, I can confidently say that it changed me for the better.
Glad to hear it, it seems to have done that for a lot of people. Anywhere from the Emi-inpired running workout to just being able to appreciate life more. It's certainly changed mine quite a bit as well. :mrgreen:
I am bad, and that's good. I will never be good, and that's not bad. There is no one I would rather be than me.
simmr001

Post by simmr001 »

Welcome cranic (my kindle keeps trying to name you ceramic) always good to see a new face.

I agree with you lilly neutral was a gut punch for me. Hanako good and bad is a complicated thing with me, which is good as it takes a good game for me to feel that way
pandaphil

Post by pandaphil »

Count Crainic wrote:Good day chaps, first time here so I guess that it couldn't be better to share the feels, which are many and profound indeed.

Pretty much I still feel wrecked emotionally after it, finished her ARC 2 nights ago, feeling like the scum of the earth is an understatement.

I got the good ending, but it is pretty much one of the two parts (other being Hanako explaining how she got the scars) that made me shed tears, and I am pretty much the emotionless sort, so what makes me cry gets a "genius writing" award from me, nothing got me up to that point, not even Lion King.

Can't comprehend how I got that bad from that point, not only that part made me cry, but also add up the bad ending and you got some harsh kind of feels.

I'm happy to have you with us Count. Welcome!

I'm sorry you got Hanako's bad ending. That would have killed me. I hope you replay it to get her good ending soon. Totally worth it.

Crying when you see Hanako in her room? Oh hell man, nothing to be concerned about. It just means you're a human being. Pretty much any image of her crying turns me into a pile of goo. :cry:

Honestly, it astounds me how the writers managed to wring so much emotion out of us with these characters.
"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things. But vice versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things or make them unimportant." ~ The Doctor.
mateh1

Post by mateh1 »

I REALLY know dat feel bro, me myself loves Hanako so much.. I can't even see her bad ending, I can't take the risk of being "mental dropped" because of that.. :lol:
Can you face your fears?
Count Crainic

Post by Count Crainic »

I REALLY know dat feel bro, me myself loves Hanako so much.. I can't even see her bad ending, I can't take the risk of being "mental dropped" because of that.. :lol:
It's not until the point when you realised that you literally fucked up when the overwhelming feels hit you and you start reconsidering all the choices that you've made. I could say that it's worth it if you somehow think of yourself as a bad person, it corrects you at the very least.
Glad to hear it, it seems to have done that for a lot of people. Anywhere from the Emi-inspired running workout to just being able to appreciate life more. It's certainly changed mine quite a bit as well. :mrgreen:
Could not agree more.

By the way, for some odd reason I can't reply directly to a post here, so that means I have to post and quote it manually, does anyone know where I can enable that from?

Post by Karma »

Just got my full completion...and it took a lot of pushing to get through the bad endings. As for that, I would never, NEVER want to anger Hanako, in any way. It was like the world-rending wrath of a Demi-god, all concentrated into tearing me apart. Then the sads...I think I've gotten too many feels for this week.
Kenji: This is not a romantic princess picnic. This is a manly picnic. No glasses. No napkins. Whiskey only.
mateh1

Post by mateh1 »

Count Crainic wrote:It's not until the point when you realised that you literally fucked up when the overwhelming feels hit you and you start reconsidering all the choices that you've made. I could say that it's worth it if you somehow think of yourself as a bad person, it corrects you at the very least.
well, sometimes, in some VNs or video games with multiple choices, I tried to be a jerk to everyone I meet, but i kinda can't do that though.. maybe it's cuz i already saw the good ending, and wanted it to be just like that.. then I start from the beginning, trying to get the bad ending, but it just feels.. wrong.. know what I mean? it's kinda.. weird.. :?
Karma wrote:Just got my full completion...and it took a lot of pushing to get through the bad endings. As for that, I would never, NEVER want to anger Hanako, in any way. It was like the world-rending wrath of a Demi-god, all concentrated into tearing me apart. Then the sads...I think I've gotten too many feels for this week.
you got too many feels for this week? I don't even think I could get over these feelings for sometime.. maybe in a month or two, I may be able to see Hanako's bad ending... though, it'll take a long a time to get over it.. :lol:
so far, i only got the bad ending from Shizune, it's not that heart-breaking though...
Can you face your fears?
Count Crainic

Post by Count Crainic »

you got too many feels for this week? I don't even think I could get over these feelings for sometime.. maybe in a month or two, I may be able to see Hanako's bad ending... though, it'll take a long a time to get over it.. :lol:
so far, i only got the bad ending from Shizune, it's not that heart-breaking though...
Bro advice: you will feel bad, you should feel bad, and most importantly, it will take you long to recover on an emotional level. Also, release the feels floodgates.