The "feels" bazaar.

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Heartless Wanderer

Re: What's so bad About the Feels?

Post by Heartless Wanderer »

Boppin wrote: To that end, fan fiction has always been uninteresting to me. Unless a story is canon, I don't feel as though it is worth telling; it's forged.
All fiction is forged. And so is a good chunk of "non-fiction," but that's another discussion entirely.

The point is, it's fiction. The fact that it's fake is what makes it fiction. Think of it as yet another alternate reality besides the various canonical offshoots Katawa Shoujo already contains, et cetera et cetera and so forth. Or whatever the equivalent may be if it's another series.

Or just go on doing your own thing, it's not like me disagreeing with your personal tastes is important or anything.
[Emibro], [Hanabro], [Lilly Lover], [Rin Kin], Feminist, Two-timer

In other words, [Manly Picnic]
Zilveri

Post by Zilveri »

I have now read 4 fan fictions and I really liked two of them. One of them is Sisterhood.
TunaSandwich wrote: But...but i just said i didnt like fanfics D:
Why? Don't you like reading? Kannattais.
Nekken

Post by Nekken »

The goal isn't so much to get rid of the feels as to get through them: to process them, learn from them, do whatever it is they require of you, and move forward again. Feels like these are an intense experience, and that's not a bad thing in moderation (or even a little beyond moderation, for a limited time). But getting stuck in the middle isn't healthy.
Falling in love is a volcano. Being in love is a kotatsu.
Shadowyeclipse

Post by Shadowyeclipse »

Nekken wrote:The goal isn't so much to get rid of the feels as to get through them: to process them, learn from them, do whatever it is they require of you, and move forward again. Feels like these are an intense experience, and that's not a bad thing in moderation (or even a little beyond moderation, for a limited time). But getting stuck in the middle isn't healthy.

Well, it depends by what you mean "not healthy"

It's fun to joke around and assume/brainstorm things about the game, and immerse ourselves in it, but we shouldn't shut it out completely. I'm serious when I say that after playing the game, I've changed my perspective on several things.

The feels are intense, yes, but only because they relate to you, and if they are actually a problem, than something else is a problem and you probably have to fix it, which is what happened to me.
Emibro, [Hanabro],[Lilly Lover], Rin Kin, Feminist, Two-timer

Currently: None.
To do list: Clannad, Chaos;Head, Steins;Gate
Finished: Toradora, Katawa Shoujo, Analogue: A hate story, Narcissu.
Boppin

Post by Boppin »

Heartless Wanderer wrote:
Boppin wrote: To that end, fan fiction has always been uninteresting to me. Unless a story is canon, I don't feel as though it is worth telling; it's forged.
All fiction is forged. And so is a good chunk of "non-fiction," but that's another discussion entirely.

The point is, it's fiction. The fact that it's fake is what makes it fiction. Think of it as yet another alternate reality besides the various canonical offshoots Katawa Shoujo already contains, et cetera et cetera and so forth. Or whatever the equivalent may be if it's another series.

Or just go on doing your own thing, it's not like me disagreeing with your personal tastes is important or anything.
I know exactly what you're saying and my mind agrees, but my heart doesn't. Maybe it's just that I have yet to see any sort of fan fiction I actually enjoy, or maybe I'm just a cynic when it comes to the topic. I know not all fan fiction is as absurdly written as Full-Life Consequences, but I haven't seen many in my life that have captivated me in a heartfelt way.

When I get time, I'll check out those fanfics recommended above.
Emibro, Hanabro, Lilly Lover, [Rin KinImage], Feminist, Two-timer
Heartless Wanderer

Post by Heartless Wanderer »

Boppin wrote:I know not all fan fiction is as absurdly written as Full-Life Consequences,
Most fanfiction at that level of fail is intentionally bad. It's a form of trolling, really. The "real" bad fanfiction is usually neither funny nor remarkable.
[Emibro], [Hanabro], [Lilly Lover], [Rin Kin], Feminist, Two-timer

In other words, [Manly Picnic]
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

I wrote two fanfictions once.
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
<KeiichiO>: "That's a beautiful response to chocolate."
Espionage724

Re: Why am i feeling so hard?

Post by Espionage724 »

TunaSandwich wrote:
Well...that's something i wish i never had seen...
My eyes will never be clean again. Damn futa.
I didn't want to click those at first... then just thought about it for a bit... then finally decided to just open all of those in new tabs... what has been seen cannot be unseen
FoxtrotZero

Post by FoxtrotZero »

Espionage724 wrote:
TunaSandwich wrote:
Well...that's something i wish i never had seen...
My eyes will never be clean again. Damn futa.
I didn't want to click those at first... then just thought about it for a bit... then finally decided to just open all of those in new tabs... what has been seen cannot be unseen
I actually discovered those of my own accord yesterday. I will keep my opinions of them to myself...
Reccomended Fanfic: Sisterhood by Guest Poster - Braving the Storm by Doomish - Akira Pseudo-Route (WIP) by Thanatos02
kazenokize

Re: Just finished the game and this is my first post. Oh man

Post by kazenokize »

Hello guys.

I was shying away from this post, since it reminded me so much of the end of the game. I recently started playing again, but I stopped for some reason.
The feels only went away after I totally shunned KS completely, but now I want to play again. I only kept listening to the OST while reading and etc, and it would always make me feel kinda bad for some reason. I will replay KS. I think it will do me good.
FoxtrotZero

Re: Just finished the game and this is my first post. Oh man

Post by FoxtrotZero »

Gordon_4 wrote:
Dawnstorm wrote:
Gordon_4 wrote:I think my favourite part about was they were looking each other in the eyes the whole time......that's powerful.
People tend to miss that when they call Shizune too forceful (and the sex awkward) in this scene.

Actually, the awkwardness kind of sells it. Sex for the first time, is awkward as the best case scenario, as I'm sure everyone who's ever been there can tell you. Your first time being while you're in a chair with your hands tied and your good lady riding you like that, its nothing short of a miracle that the chair didn't break or any number of possible disasters.

And yet it was still a beautifully conveyed moment of intimacy. In fact, it wasn't just a sex scene, it was a love making scene. And that is hard to do well.
Shizune's scenes are currently my favourite, though we'll have to see if Emi breaks that.
Reccomended Fanfic: Sisterhood by Guest Poster - Braving the Storm by Doomish - Akira Pseudo-Route (WIP) by Thanatos02
TunaSandwich

Post by TunaSandwich »

FoxtrotZero wrote: I actually discovered those of my own accord yesterday. I will keep my opinions of them to myself...
I came back to this forum... after a couple of weeks and realize that the first thing i come across is that comic.
I can nevewr look at shizune and misha again D:
If i had to only keep one of my senses it would be my hearing.
Can't live without music.
FoxtrotZero

Post by FoxtrotZero »

TunaSandwich wrote:
FoxtrotZero wrote: I actually discovered those of my own accord yesterday. I will keep my opinions of them to myself...
I came back to this forum... after a couple of weeks and realize that the first thing i come across is that comic.
I can nevewr look at shizune and misha again D:
And yet I am having no such problem.
*awkward shuffle*
Dizzeh

Post by Dizzeh »

I'm also new haha :lol: , but wow this describes the feels i get with Emi, i just can't do another path and can't bring my self to do that 'bad ending' as i feel i could lose a part of my self.
Emi, I love you <3
TunaSandwich

Post by TunaSandwich »

Dizzeh wrote:I'm also new haha :lol: , but wow this describes the feels i get with Emi, i just can't do another path and can't bring my self to do that 'bad ending' as i feel i could lose a part of my self.
so true, only reason why i can't play any of the bad endings trough :/
If i had to only keep one of my senses it would be my hearing.
Can't live without music.