The "feels" bazaar.

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Edwardl97

Re: Just finished the game and this is my first post. Oh man

Post by Edwardl97 »

Even worse is when you play Emi's route after lillys. There is one scene that gets to you im pretty sure you know which one When you meet in the library
Cabar

Re: What's so bad About the Feels?

Post by Cabar »

Possible suggestions for those suffering from extreme feels:
-Stop playing Katawa Shoujo. In extreme cases one should delete the game, but make sure to NEVER EVER install it again. (But at least complete all the good endings to calm your mind.)
-Do not search for the ingame music on youtube or similar sites AND DO NOT DOWNLOAD it to your MP3-Player.
-Refrain from ingesting romantic media/stories/books ect. (Personal experience: DO NOT watch Sword-Art Online afterwards, it will only make things only worse)
-Eat lots of chocolate. Chocolate brightens up ones mood.
-Find some kind of music which helps you. Avoid depressing piano music. Personaly, the main theme of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim helps me a lot. Listen it at full blast, put it on repeat.

Since I am stil having feels I can not guarantee success, but having had feels some times already I can say this: Your body will digest the feels after a while (if given time and distance) and you will have learned some valuable experiences.

On another note: I think now I understand what Kenji was talking about when he rambled about "THE FEMINIST CONSPIRACY THAT WILl INVADE OUR BRAAINS!!!!!"
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

Cabar wrote:Eat lots of chocolate. Chocolate brightens up ones mood.
But...That's Hanako's chocolate.

G-Gimme the chocolate, Hisao.
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
<KeiichiO>: "That's a beautiful response to chocolate."
Steinherz

Post by Steinherz »

Xanatos wrote:

thank you Xanatos, you just made me choke on my food with that >.>
I write take a look, would you kindly?
I also draw, kind of.
KeiichiO wrote:You shall now, and forever be known as, "Steinherz, The Great".
Oddball wrote:It's an obvious mistake. Both are disfigured orphans that read alot and both wear green skirts.
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

Steinherz wrote:
Xanatos wrote:

thank you Xanatos, you just made me choke on my food with that >.>
You're welcome.
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
yassodude

Post by yassodude »

I heard Valve is working on a new Virtual Reality console, supposedly very cutting edge stuff . If Katawa Shoujo makes it's way to that , I'll be a very very happy man , I'M COMIN' HANAKO
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

yassodude wrote:I heard Valve is working on a new Virtual Reality console, supposedly very cutting edge stuff . If Katawa Shoujo makes it's way to that , I'll be a very very happy man , I'M COMIN' HANAKO
Virtual reality?

Yeah, no. :lol:
yassodude

Post by yassodude »

Xanatos wrote:
yassodude wrote:I heard Valve is working on a new Virtual Reality console, supposedly very cutting edge stuff . If Katawa Shoujo makes it's way to that , I'll be a very very happy man , I'M COMIN' HANAKO
Virtual reality?

http://bit.ly/139awFQ - I literally just watched 10 episodes of Sword Art Online , that stuff gives you ideas ...
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

yassodude wrote:
Xanatos wrote:
Virtual reality?

http://bit.ly/139awFQ - I literally just watched 10 episodes of Sword Art Online , that stuff gives you ideas ...

Found a bunch of articles about how the requirements for virtual reality cannot be achieved with current technology...So again (for now), no. :P

On the subject of virtual reality though, google the Blue Brain Project. If they ever complete their goal, I will eat my own feet.
Dr. Casey

Post by Dr. Casey »

Might not want to gamble away your body parts so easily, the Blue Brain Project isn't as fantastical as it sounds. As for virtual reality, I think you guys are operating under two different conceptions of the idea. Valve is probably a visual-only virtual reality console (a much more primitive form which is possible with current technology); full-immersion virtual reality might be what the articles you mention were about, which is indeed impossible with current technology, with most estimates predicting FIVR to become feasible between the late 2020s and late 2030s... and just as RPG Maker allowed random teenagers to easily create 16-bit RPGs (the likes of which experienced professionals in the early 1990s would have had to try their very hardest to create), virtual reality will probably become an open source tool for the mainstream in the decades beyond. Who knows, maybe in 2062 someone will create a virtual reality world for Katawa Shoujo to commemorate its 50th anniversary.
Silentcook
Carelessly Cooking You

Post by Silentcook »

Why the crap did things veer in the direction of VR :|.

Also, KS making its way to any new platform = no.
Shattering your dreams since '94. I also fought COVID in '20 and '21, and all I got was this lousy forum sig.

yassodude

Post by yassodude »

I'll be about 70 years old :( Still, at least I'll have something to do when I'm retired. But does playing Katawa Shoujo in VR count as cheating on my wife ? I hope not , because that would literally be the solution to decrease the number of divorces.
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

yassodude wrote:I'll be about 70 years old :( Still, at least I'll have something to do when I'm retired. But does playing Katawa Shoujo in VR count as cheating on my wife ? I hope not , because that would literally be the solution to decrease the number of divorces.
It's only cheating if you create an AI of one of the girls to date. And technology's trying to make that possible too. :lol: But 4LS won't be moving it to any new platform, virtual reality or otherwise, so you might be out of luck. :P

@Dr. Casey: It not being as fantastical as it sounds is exactly why it's good. If it were just fantasy, it'd be useless. :P
Carighan

Post by Carighan »

But the twist we don't about yet, Xanatos, is this: Rise of Kenji wasn't just a video. It was a warning.

I'll be stocking supplies in my emergency shelter, cu later...
jjvoodoo

pulse of life

Post by jjvoodoo »

i go on a website called funnyjunk and this game/visual novel or whatever you wanna call it is gaining popularity on the web site, im not one for romance things so i wasnt going to try it but after it being recommended many times i decided to try it, i started playing for only like 2 hours at a time but slowly i started playing it more and more until i started spending the whole free day playing it, at first it kinda weirded me out but idk how to explain it, i felt emotions i never thought i would feel again, i felt happy, hopeful, and at times i was sad or angry, hell i even got tears in my eyes a few times, none of you know me so i tell you know for a long time i'v been dead inside, hating to emotions that others had, all i felt was hate, spite, venom, anger, and disgust, when i did my first play though i felt a pulse of life in me that has became so foreign to me, when i got teary eyed half the time it was because of how beautiful that pulse in me was, how it made the ice in my veins melt if only for a bit, i cant really explain it in words im not good with words, on that point i dont even really know what im trying to say or the point im trying to make, or if theres even a point to make, i just needed to say something because i dont know how to deal with good emotions anymore, i just had to say it.