The "feels" bazaar.

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

yummines

Re: What am I GOING TO do?

Post by yummines »

acewing905 wrote:
uzl wrote:

Yeah, that won't happen. I'm pretty sure of that myself.

Since I'm 13 and Asian I doubt I'll get into any relationship/friendship troubles + considering I live in the UK makes it more unlikely.
Ahh, there was a time when I thought I would be safe of that stuff too. :lol: Relationship troubles are one thing on this Earth that isn't racist. No matter what your race is, you're guaranteed to have them.
ditto.

im extremely withdrawn and rarely talk to people. i talk to people a lot online or through text rather than in person more often.

still managed to get into relationship troubles.

id say its something to expect. and btw im asian too.
Redviper 001

I am scared to play again...

Post by Redviper 001 »

When I first started playing Kata Shoujo I loved it the story was amazing until I got drunk and fell off the roof but nevermind that. :roll:

I know most of you have probably heard this so many times before but after completing Emi's part I felt totally stressed out, my life felt so boring and dull in comparison and I felt pretty lonely (I can't get a girlfriend) prior to even discovering the game so that made me feel much worse.....even though I seemed to have calmed down a bit I think I still feel that way.

But I've still only completed %29 of the game and for some reason I still want to play nowing how im going to feel afterwards this is just so insane and ridiculous I can't believe I have let something like this get to me, maybe it was a bad idea to slightly recover only to want to continue playing the 4 other parts left

I really don't know who else to turn to for help.

(Im also sorry if the way I have written this seems little bit odd or if any of my spellings or punctuations seem to be wrong I really don't want to annoy anyone)
Gandara

Re: I am scared to play again...

Post by Gandara »

Hey, I just signed up for this forum - as such this is my first post.

Like you, I recently played this game. Very recently - I downloaded it on Wednesday, I think? I just finished it last night (95%, all girls complete, just missing a few bad ends / art pieces).

Also, like you, I was a little scared after finishing one route that I wouldn't want to do the other routes. Some of the posts I've come across during my short time lurking here have been to give it a day or two between playthroughs, just to let the initial impression sink in and start to weigh a little less heavy on your conscience. These are, after all, characters in the same general story, so going right from one girl to another might trick your mind into thinking you're doing something wrong. But please, please don't pass up the other stories. They're absolutely phenomenal.

I also wanted to comment about your emotional feelings (commonly referred to as "feels", as it is difficult to hold them all). I'm immensely impressed and somewhat shocked at how much of an impact this game is having on many people's lives. In nearly all cases, it's for the better - people are making changes in their lives, reevaluating their relationships with friends and loved ones, exercising more, improving their knowledge of the disabled or even donating money or time to altruistic organizations. Granted, there are many posts I've seen where people are shaken up by the stories in Katawa Shoujo, but, as Hisao would say, "It can't be helped." - mediums such as this don't typically carry with them the emotional weight that this game carries, and it causes you to really think over your own life at the end. In my opinion, that's absolutely wonderful.

So you say that you feel that your life is boring and you are lonely... well, what steps can you take to alter that? The most important part of change is identifying what must be changed in the first place. Are you overweight? I am. Grossly overweight, in fact, but this game (in addition to a few other stimuli that occurred at about the same time in my life) have caused me to begin making sweeping changes to my habits. I've officially started a diet and exercise program which has been going absolutely wonderfully so far - I feel really amazing after my work-outs, despite being relatively low-impact due to my current condition. But it's a start, and it's already having an effect.

Are you shy? You can learn to overcome this hurdle, but the support of friends can be an incredible boon. Playing through Hanako's path can give you a little insight, and maybe some motivation to change this. Do you have some sort of personality disorder that causes problems with social contact? There are numerous organizations, most completely free to utilize, that can assist you in overcoming your fears and begin repairing your life to a point that you can operate at least close to normally.

At the end of the day, just know that you have the power within yourself to change. One of the main lessons that can be learned from Katawa Shoujo is that no matter how deep the flaw, it can be overcome. Regardless of whether it was your fault, someone else's fault, or no one's fault at all - fighting through your problems makes you a stronger, better person in the end. Everyone can achieve greatness, but you can achieve nothing if you never try.

I hope this helps, and best of luck to you.
Diet / Exercise Tracker:
Original weight (1/1/12): 400 lbs. // Target weight: ??? lbs. // Current (1/28/13): 344 lbs. // Total lost: 56 lbs.
Current exercise: Workout 3-4x a week: jogging, weights
"Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things, and no good thing ever dies." - Andy Dufresne, "The Shawshank Redemption"
Redviper 001

Post by Redviper 001 »

Gandara wrote:Hey, I just signed up for this forum - as such this is my first post.

Like you, I recently played this game. Very recently - I downloaded it on Wednesday, I think? I just finished it last night (95%, all girls complete, just missing a few bad ends / art pieces).

Also, like you, I was a little scared after finishing one route that I wouldn't want to do the other routes. Some of the posts I've come across during my short time lurking here have been to give it a day or two between playthroughs, just to let the initial impression sink in and start to weigh a little less heavy on your conscience. These are, after all, characters in the same general story, so going right from one girl to another might trick your mind into thinking you're doing something wrong. But please, please don't pass up the other stories. They're absolutely phenomenal.

I also wanted to comment about your emotional feelings (commonly referred to as "feels", as it is difficult to hold them all). I'm immensely impressed and somewhat shocked at how much of an impact this game is having on many people's lives. In nearly all cases, it's for the better - people are making changes in their lives, reevaluating their relationships with friends and loved ones, exercising more, improving their knowledge of the disabled or even donating money or time to altruistic organizations. Granted, there are many posts I've seen where people are shaken up by the stories in Katawa Shoujo, but, as Hisao would say, "It can't be helped." - mediums such as this don't typically carry with them the emotional weight that this game carries, and it causes you to really think over your own life at the end. In my opinion, that's absolutely wonderful.

So you say that you feel that your life is boring and you are lonely... well, what steps can you take to alter that? The most important part of change is identifying what must be changed in the first place. Are you overweight? I am. Grossly overweight, in fact, but this game (in addition to a few other stimuli that occurred at about the same time in my life) have caused me to begin making sweeping changes to my habits. I've officially started a diet and exercise program which has been going absolutely wonderfully so far - I feel really amazing after my work-outs, despite being relatively low-impact due to my current condition. But it's a start, and it's already having an effect.

Are you shy? You can learn to overcome this hurdle, but the support of friends can be an incredible boon. Playing through Hanako's path can give you a little insight, and maybe some motivation to change this. Do you have some sort of personality disorder that causes problems with social contact? There are numerous organizations, most completely free to utilize, that can assist you in overcoming your fears and begin repairing your life to a point that you can operate at least close to normally.

At the end of the day, just know that you have the power within yourself to change. One of the main lessons that can be learned from Katawa Shoujo is that no matter how deep the flaw, it can be overcome. Regardless of whether it was your fault, someone else's fault, or no one's fault at all - fighting through your problems makes you a stronger, better person in the end. Everyone can achieve greatness, but you can achieve nothing if you never try.

I hope this helps, and best of luck to you.
It's as if you read me perfectly, words cannot describe how grateful I am to you for this post I have no idea what I would of done if you hadn't given me this advice thank you so much !

I feel so stupid at how I just refused the help and activities my teacher tried to give me I guess I just totally gave up on myself, what's the point complaining about your problems when you can try and fix them ?

Its pretty funny but maybe this game is one of the best things that has happened to me but anyway thank you for replying I thought no one would...

And thank you for making me smile :)
Gandara

Post by Gandara »

I'm glad to hear that my words gave you a little bit of direction. Just know that there's always people out there to help you, no matter what. Strive for greatness, and even if you never fully achieve your goals, you will still be a better person in the end.

KS - so meta, the feels extend beyond the game itself.
Diet / Exercise Tracker:
Original weight (1/1/12): 400 lbs. // Target weight: ??? lbs. // Current (1/28/13): 344 lbs. // Total lost: 56 lbs.
Current exercise: Workout 3-4x a week: jogging, weights
"Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things, and no good thing ever dies." - Andy Dufresne, "The Shawshank Redemption"
yummines

Post by yummines »

Go to the "Hanako's Broken Heart Club" thread. Looks like you just got the bad case of the feels
Last edited by yummines on Tue May 22, 2012 9:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Yellow 13

Post by Yellow 13 »

Do Lilly's route and brace for the feels
When the war, has been won
And our march home begins
What awaits has not yet been revealed
What was won? what was lost?
Will our deeds be remembered?
Are they written on stone or in sand?

Kayo12

Post by Kayo12 »

Yellow 13 wrote:Do Lilly's route and brace for the feels
>Lilly's Route.

Oh God, what are you trying to do, kill the man?
Yellow 13

Post by Yellow 13 »

Kayo12 wrote:
>Lilly's Route.

Oh God, what are you trying to do, kill the man?

FEELS MUST FLOW

Dr. Robotnik

Post by Dr. Robotnik »

Hanako's route has a ton of feels as well, but they're all in act 4.
Emibro, [Hanabro], [Lilly Lover], Rin Kin, Feminist, [Two-timer]
jmeks23

Post by jmeks23 »

Going through this still myself, I have been wondering about what to say for a while now...but the other posters kind of said it all anyways. Really it's just the 'feels' and they will have to take their course but the game does really make you question things in your life a lot. There's really no easy way about it, especially the first few days. Just try to channel it as positive and inspirational type emotions/thoughts and do something like the couch to 5k or make some fan art/fan fic if that's your cup of tea. If not as I said time does heal most wounds and this is no different. I feel a lot better than I did the first few days, even though like I said, I still have them.

I don't think I've helped at all but I tried. Thanks
Zealander

Post by Zealander »

Breaking my post virginity here.

What this man said. Nothing quite gives you the "forever alone" hangover that Lilly's route does.

Though I can't say the other routes gave me too much of a feel. I guess I was only it for the boobs.
Haven't done Rin's yet, she doesn't float my boat to be honest. Though I do hear her route's pretty gripping!
SIGNATURE
The O.H.L.

Post by The O.H.L. »

Zealander wrote:

What this man said. Nothing quite gives you the "forever alone" hangover that Lilly's route does.

Though I can't say the other routes gave me too much of a feel. I guess I was only it for the boobs.
Haven't done Rin's yet, she doesn't float my boat to be honest. Though I do hear her route's pretty gripping!
Gripping is quite the understatement. That thing is a killer if you begin to get attached to her. Both the bad and neutral endings are... Just... Ugh, stay away if you want to operate in a normal society, her route takes a little while to get over if you understand her.
Last edited by The O.H.L. on Thu May 24, 2012 12:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Guess who's back, back, back, back again.
Not that I ever made any great contributions, but oh well, too bad.
Redviper001

Post by Redviper001 »

Zealander wrote:

That's pretty sad because Lilly's route is the one I wanted to do the most infact doing Emi's route was a complete accident.... :(
Yellow 13

Post by Yellow 13 »

Lilly's route feels, feels everywhere