The "feels" bazaar.

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Fiandra

Re: Hopefully im not the only one with this feel....

Post by Fiandra »

hoopy wrote:When u read them non stop for 2 days. u forget they are. then when u finish, u notice u go back to your crummy life. dem feels.
2 Days non-stop ? :shock:
@Ygdrasel wrote:All's fair in poop and war.
-Insert favorite KS girls here-
teh twitter
teh steem
hoopy

Post by hoopy »

Fiandra wrote:
hoopy wrote:When u read them non stop for 2 days. u forget they are. then when u finish, u notice u go back to your crummy life. dem feels.

damn right.
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

Fiandra wrote:
It's called "hyperbole". :P
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
<KeiichiO>: "That's a beautiful response to chocolate."
hoopy

Post by hoopy »

Its called addiction :lol:
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

hoopy wrote:Its called addiction :lol:
Addiction? I still regularly reach for a bottle of pills before remembering it hasn't been on my desk for three years now. I laugh at your "addiction"! :P
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
Pyramid Head

Post by Pyramid Head »

Oh we've all been there. It's sort of like the cramps in odd places you get after a sudden, vigorous swim. Parts of you you don't regularly exercise hurt when they're suddenly put through the wringer, and for a lot of us Katawa Shoujo was the first thing in a long time to emotionally stimulate us. Hell, in my case the Hanako arc is the only thing in recent memory involving humans that made me want to weep like a bitch.
The fear of blood tends to create fear for the flesh.
ArazelEternal

Post by ArazelEternal »

Dont feel bad. Emis bad ending got me so bad that I didnt sleep but for maybe 2 hours that night. Worst part was, i I had a long, hard day at work the next day. The next day I went back and got her good ending and I was all better. Its happened to a lot of us. Just move on, and find something else. Some feel it helps to leave the game alone for a while then come back to it.

Lilly = Hanako, Emi, Rin, Shizune
I fell in love with Lilly and Hanako

You are not alone, and you are not strange. You are you, and everyone has damage. Be your Emiest.
majin

My god, I am just so(less) devastated.

Post by majin »

I just beat Emi's path with the good ending all on my own on my first try. And I am just (as the title said) devastated. This isn't the first time it's happened with characters like this though. But this time I felt so bad that i had to make an account just to get this out somewhere.I fell in love with Emi, the fact that these were my honest and true choices that led me to her makes me feel worse.I saw the personal struggle of her and letting people get close and it just touched me in a way that I don't think anyone really will.I completely realize that Emi isn't real, but that is the reason I just can't stand this. This will never happen to me, and its highly likely I won't meet a girl like this. I get too emotional and I understand it completely.

I knew full well that when I started playing this that I would end up just as I am now, wishing to trade almost anything in my real life to have her here. So then why did I continue to play it?I don't know, maybe I just like the feeling of getting crushed all the time(clearly I don't but still). But I am at least taking something positive out of this, like much of what I've read on here people are doing some portion of Emi's training schedule and decided yesterday that I would get it together and pull all the way through although I don't have a running partner because I'm the only person I know that can be this emotional.

The point of this post is because I just wanted to get this off my chest, and maybe someone on here could give me some advice. It would be greatly appreciated. I guess I also don't know what you could say, if anything. Maybe one of you could invent a real virtual reality ting that I could spend the rest of my life in. Thanks.

P.s. please no spoilers, I don't think I will do anyone else's path as Emi is already my obvious soulmate(that and it I would just fell this bad if not worse all over again).
I read part of Lilly's good ending by accident and now I can't get it out of my mind either.
Last edited by majin on Fri Jan 18, 2013 12:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Xanatos

Re: My god, I am just so devastated.

Post by Xanatos »

majin wrote:Emi is already my obvious soulmate
That's ridiculous. It's a game, man. Hell, that's ridiculous even in reality. "I liked someone so they're OBVIOUSLY my soulmate!" - The world doesn't work that way. And if you're not going to do the rest anyway, nothing we say about the game will be spoiling anything, which sort of makes "no spoilers" an empty phrase. :P

Anyway, welcome to the club. Channel it into something productive, play something else, or wait it out. Or any combination of the three. And as for a virtual reality to spend your life in, there are people working on it. With some luck, it'll be ready before you're dead. :P
Shadowyeclipse

Post by Shadowyeclipse »

Xanatos wrote:
majin wrote:Emi is already my obvious soulmate
That's ridiculous. It's a game, man. Hell, that's ridiculous even in reality. "I liked someone so they're OBVIOUSLY my soulmate!" - The world doesn't work that way. And if you're not going to do the rest anyway, nothing we say about the game will be spoiling anything, which sort of makes "no spoilers" an empty phrase. :P
This.

I mean, come on, feels are expected, Katawa Shoujo is pretty well-written for a relatively amateur VN, but now with the winter bandwagon going on, I can see how the developers can get a little creeped out by this type of attention.

It's a game, mate, no need to declare your undying love for a particular character.
Especially Emi. Eugh.

But then again, better than Rin. I hate it when people go around saying that they relate to Rin or something because they wear hipster glasses and consider themselves "quirky."

But on a more positive note, good for you, now finish Hanako and Lilly's routes, the two best in the game, and learn the true value of "feel".
Last edited by Shadowyeclipse on Fri Jan 18, 2013 12:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Emibro, [Hanabro],[Lilly Lover], Rin Kin, Feminist, Two-timer

Currently: None.
To do list: Clannad, Chaos;Head, Steins;Gate
Finished: Toradora, Katawa Shoujo, Analogue: A hate story, Narcissu.
majin

Post by majin »

Well to be honest the soulmate comment was meant to be more silly or sarcastic than anything but yea I know its a game, I clearly stated that. Like I also said i get ridiculously emotional about fictional characters. This is just the worse so far. Also if I hear some of what happens I fell obligated to go back through and find the decisions that will show me there story and well yea... Down this road again. :?
majin

Post by majin »

It's a game, mate, no need to declare your undying love for a particular character.
Especially Emi. Eugh.
wo now, "especially Emi"? Eh oh well, at least hearing people tell me what to do made me fell better. I'm not crazy really, these things just tend to happen to me. Even when they aren't supposed to.
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

Shadowyeclipse wrote:Especially Emi. Eugh. But then again, better than Rin.
...How dare you insult my backup waifu and secondary backup waifu! :evil:

@majin: Who says they're not supposed to? There aren't many rules to this stuff. :lol:
Shadowyeclipse

Post by Shadowyeclipse »

Xanatos wrote:
Shadowyeclipse wrote:Especially Emi. Eugh. But then again, better than Rin.
...How dare you insult my backup waifu and secondary backup waifu! :evil:

@majin: Who says they're not supposed to? There aren't many rules to this stuff. :lol:

This makes me think about making an official rulebook.

THE RULEBOOK OF KATAWA FEELS

Rule 1: Thou shalt not post upon the forums of your waifu
Rule 2: If thou must commit rule one, for the love of god don't make it your first post
Rule 3: Any and all mentions of "Bacon" will be dealt with by whiteknights.
Rule 4: Hanaisbestwaifu
Emibro, [Hanabro],[Lilly Lover], Rin Kin, Feminist, Two-timer

Currently: None.
To do list: Clannad, Chaos;Head, Steins;Gate
Finished: Toradora, Katawa Shoujo, Analogue: A hate story, Narcissu.
majin

Post by majin »

@Xanatos well im starting to find this out. To be honest this started to happen so much(but not on such a huge level mind you) that I stopped watching anime all together cause I was depressed all the time. That was just because the story was over for me but this is a whole other beast for me.