What arc should i try next?

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Xanatos

Re: Lilly's Route (Good Ending?)

Post by Xanatos »

SemisoftCheese wrote:
Xanatos wrote: Honesty has its place as well as lies. Some things are best hidden.
But would you really want what could be a life-long relationship built on lies? Barring telling your girlfriend she doesn't look fat in that dress, I would would complete honesty, and I'm sure she'd want the same.
Nobody said anything about building a relationship on lies. Hiding/lying about some things is far from building an entire relationship on nothing but lies.

And quite frankly, if she looks fat in that dress, I'll tell her. She shouldn't ask if she can't handle the truth and I won't have any respect for anyone who can't take the answers they ask for.
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
<KeiichiO>: "That's a beautiful response to chocolate."
SemisoftCheese

Post by SemisoftCheese »

Xanatos wrote: And quite frankly, if she looks fat in that dress, I'll tell her. She shouldn't ask if she can't handle the truth and I won't have any respect for anyone who can't take the answers they ask for.
I guess so. I've always been straight up with the person I'm in a relationship with, just by my belief that it's the right way to do things. I wouldn't want things hidden from me, even if people thought they were for the best. But that's just me, so I can't force it on anyone else.

On dresses--Personally, I think you get more with a teaspoon of honey than a barrel of rocks, but if you want a date who can handle rocks thrown at her, I see your point.
lukesrp

Post by lukesrp »

SemisoftCheese wrote:On dresses--Personally, I think you get more with a teaspoon of honey than a barrel of rocks, but if you want a date who can handle rocks thrown at her, I see your point.
best. analogy. ever.
Hanako>>>Lilly>>>Emi>>>Shizune>>>Rin

Did someone say Chrono Trigger?

"The Characters resonate with you because you recognize your flaws and desires and triumphs and victories, and those of the loved ones you know and care about. You want to make them happy, because you want them to be happy, because you know and are them, and In some way you believe everyone you love deserves to be happy"
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

SemisoftCheese wrote:
Xanatos wrote: And quite frankly, if she looks fat in that dress, I'll tell her. She shouldn't ask if she can't handle the truth and I won't have any respect for anyone who can't take the answers they ask for.
I guess so. I've always been straight up with the person I'm in a relationship with, just by my belief that it's the right way to do things. I wouldn't want things hidden from me, even if people thought they were for the best. But that's just me, so I can't force it on anyone else.

On dresses--Personally, I think you get more with a teaspoon of honey than a barrel of rocks, but if you want a date who can handle rocks thrown at her, I see your point.
Well, if I lie and she goes out in some miserably unflattering outfit, that's not exactly doing her a favor. If she ditches the crummy dress for something that complements her better, people will get a better impression. :lol: Best to give her a teaspoon of rocks so she'll end up with a barrel of honey. :P
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
Carighan

Post by Carighan »

Kisho wrote:Pretty certain this is the good ending: after act 1, do the following choices:

1. Tell the truth
2. Ignore his insane ramblings
3. Ask about Hanako
4. Address it
5. Talk about Hanako
6. Mention the letter

I think that's all the choices and I'm pretty sure I got the good end. Seemed like a pretty good end, at any rate. :p
IIRC, only 1, 4 and 6 are relevant to the ending.
The strength of heart to face oneself has been made manifest. The persona Carighan has appeared.
SSmrao

Post by SSmrao »

My computer crashed on my first playthrough, ever. Got the neutral ending with Lilly, however my computer crashed as soon as Lilly and Akira drove off. So now I am replaying from Act 2. No guides. No flowcharts. Determined to get good ending. I must. Neutral ending never happened.
OtakuNinja

Post by OtakuNinja »

SSmrao wrote:My computer crashed on my first playthrough, ever. Got the neutral ending with Lilly, however my computer crashed as soon as Lilly and Akira drove off. So now I am replaying from Act 2. No guides. No flowcharts. Determined to get good ending. I must. Neutral ending never happened.
It's the bad end, not the neutral. ;)
Emibro, Hanabro, [Lilly Lover], Rin Kin, Feminist, Two-timer
(Passively working on my KS YouTube series. Someday...)
NoddingDog

My experience with Katawa Shouju

Post by NoddingDog »

Seeing as there's quite the fandom and discussion with the game/novel, I thought I'd write my part on it considering I had quite a compelling time on it.

I went into game with next to no context wanting to judge it on my own terms at first rather than hear other opinions first (helps with spoilers too!)
The beginning with the hospital gripped me into the story. When the school is opening up, not really looking for romance at the time (because I'm not really that kinda guy) I was hoping for was just make a few friends and get to know people and such (have a bit of fun). However, I wasn't expecting what I got.

I ended up taking Lily's path and I adored her character, but unfortunately I got the "bad ending" (whcih isn't really a good description because it was very powerful) and guys... I shamlessly cried. It hit me closer to home than I could imagine. I looked it up, and the only reason why I failed it was because I didn't want to complain about her being concerned about the heart condition when it bothered Hisao. But something tells me that's it's a good (well written) ending anyway, is it worth playing again to get the good ending or do I leave it at that?

Also, I want to give praise to the people who wrote this, is it worth writing the team?
Xanatos

Re: My experience with Katawa Shouju

Post by Xanatos »

Ideally, get every ending. Rin and Hanako have three and Emi has two ways to reach her good end. And don't look it up! Cheater. :P

Lilly's good end is great, for the record.
StrangZor

Dissussion about the order in which you play the routes.

Post by StrangZor »

Removed
Last edited by StrangZor on Thu Jun 11, 2020 12:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
paxslayer

Re: Dissussion about the order in which you play the routes.

Post by paxslayer »

Lilly first, Lilly always.

Honestly though, I think that your first play-through should be unplanned, and you should make decisions as you would IRL.

EDIT: As for the differences in character between routes... I think it's basically unavoidable. What helps me most is to imagine each path as a completely separate reality/universe from the others. The characters are mostly consistent with their core themes, but are ultimately different people depending on which path you choose. Hope this helps ^_^
Paths: Lilly, Shizune(partial), Rin
Fiandra

Post by Fiandra »

I did my first, second, and third playthrough unplanned. My first route was Emi's, because I decided that Hisao should "Go for it". Second playthrough.. I got Kenji's :mrgreen: . Third, I got Shizune's. And after that, Lilly, Hanako, then Rin.
@Ygdrasel wrote:All's fair in poop and war.
-Insert favorite KS girls here-
teh twitter
teh steem
Carighan

Post by Carighan »

I did my first playthrough entirely unplanned - as I did all subsequent ones - but I got two points of advice beforehand, those were to not send Misha away when doing Shizune's path the first time, and to play Lilly last for a better final note on which to end the game.

Both were good pieces of advice, but ofc not crucial at all.
Brisingr

Re: My experience with Katawa Shouju

Post by Brisingr »

It is worth reading every ending for every girl. Every character brings out feels that are best experienced for yourself instead of jest reading about them first. Go read the other routes and get ready to feel!
Oddball

Post by Oddball »

While it's not my favorite route, I'd say Shizune makes a nice final route to play.

The end of the route focuses on their graduation, moving on, and saying goodbye to everyone, with the ending itself strongly stating tha this doesn't have to be the end.

I'd also suggest not playing Lilly's route directly after Hanako's.
Not Dead Yet