What arc should i try next?

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

YZQ

Re: About Hanakos bad ending

Post by YZQ »

pandaphil wrote:
Steinherz wrote:
pandaphil wrote:Some of the choices were pretty stupidly obvious though. Like many of Lilly's choices that are like "Should I tell her how I feel?" or "Tell her about the letter?". If you love someone, why not be honest about your feelings and not try to hide things from her.
Remember though: Love often makes people do stupid things. That and fear of worrying your loved ones can cause you to make stupid/bad decisions.
True enough. I've just always been an 'honesty is best' kind of person. If I'm with someone for the long haul, then its best they know the real me. Good and bad. Lying or blowing off feelings just causes problems down the road.

Not saying I'm perfect of course. I misread Rin badly and prodded her into attending the show. Ended up with the neutral ending the first time.

moomin wrote:Hey, thanks a lot:) I never use flowcharts, they make me feel like i'm cheating, and i want to know that could i actually be able to get good ending without any help.
By far there has been lots of these obvious choices, with Emi and Lilly, but with Hanako i couldn't foresee the consequences of choosing to stay at school instead of city.
Things like that are tough. I just figured the best way to help us develop as a couple and her as aperson was to get out and do things, not sulk behind closed doors. And she seemed to enjoy herself when we were out with Lily and Akira. So I figured, hey go for it!
Different girls look out for different traits. I didn't consult the flow chart, just looked up the traits.

Lily: Honesty.
Hanako: No White-Knighting. Her signal reception is odd, so things will not go as you will expect.
Emi: Looking for clues/help through others. When even Mutou drops you a hint, you know that the bad ending is there for the sake of 100%.
Rin: Bad with words. Important factor in that particular decision.
Shizune: Again, you only screw up if you don't know what "comfort" is, or the 100%.
"Nothing is beneath man. Everything is permitted."

"...since love and fear can hardly exist together, if we must choose between them, it is far safer to be feared than loved. However, it is important above all to avoid being hated."
TehLandshark

Re: I can't play this "game" anymore.

Post by TehLandshark »

Druqkz wrote:The first and only ending I got was Hanako's good ending, two days ago and since then I haven't tried any other route, even tough I liked Lilly and Emi, I can't play this game anymore.

I feel like if I did Lilly's route for example, I'd be cheating on Hanako, and just thinking about the fact that she would end up alone makes my heart shatter into a thousand pieces, It's like she was the main character and my "mission" was to be her boyfriend, the first time I saw her I felt something telling me "that girl is the perfect girl for you".

I have fallen in love with other characters in the past but with Hanako its different, its like real love :oops: , sometimes I forgot that I was playing as Hisao, it was as if I were there, face to face with Hanako, expressing my feelings to the girl I love.

I'm so glad that my first ending was Hanako's good ending, because I feel that the first ending is the "true" ending, I love shy girls and I hope someday I meet someone so lovely and wonderful as Hanako, no matter if she has a disability or not I will love her.
I felt the exact same, switch Lilly with Hanako. Every damn time Lilly showed up, it's like, "But... but you just confessed to me, and the wheatfield, and the music box, and the blindfold..."
Then when I got through all of Hanako's endings, I was just like "Damn." I loved her and thought she was a much more beautiful person than Lilly, as reluctant as I was to admit it to myself. I would have been willing to go and marry her in real life had she been a real person.
My point: I got past my feelings of "Jesus Christ I love Lilly", did Hanako (figuratively and literally), and realized "Hell no, I love Hanako and want to make babies with her."
Every route in KS is a great experience and you may just find a girl you love even more.

If you seriously want to know who you would like beforehand though, here is my guide:
If you are playful, outgoing, dirty-minded, and willful, pick Emi. I suggest you be willing to work around Emi's problems without directly addressing her.
If you are posh, British, romantic, independent or want someone like that as a partner, pick Lilly. I suggest you be open and willing to share your problems with her.
If you are controlling, pure-evil and are willing to put up with Misha for 6 hours while sticking true to your partner, pick Shizune. I suggest you prepare for what you have just decided to get yourself into.
If you are depressed, introspective, artistic or completely detached from life, pick Rin. I suggest you become all 4 to try and understand Rin. There is no strategy to winning her over, just random actions that result in friendship or lack of.
If you are shy, compassionate, and want to be as fulfilling in someone else's life as they in yours, pick Hanako. I suggest you not be too intrusive, but rather attempt to be her equal.
Richter Bromont wrote:
Nurse wrote:You didn't... throw your medication at Seagulls again, did you?
Hisao wrote: FUCK YOU, THEY STARTED IT!
YZQ

Re: What arc should i try next?

Post by YZQ »

For Rin, there is a strategy: Never imply that she should explain anything to you. She sucks with words, so this is a big turn-off.
"Nothing is beneath man. Everything is permitted."

"...since love and fear can hardly exist together, if we must choose between them, it is far safer to be feared than loved. However, it is important above all to avoid being hated."
user_friendly

Post by user_friendly »

Just finished Lilly's arc and got the good ending. Got to say, Lilly's route was pretty romantic, especially at the summer house. That scene in the wheat fields, her blond hair, the sunset, the surprise ending after the credits... I really donno what to make of this. Maybe Hisao should had let her go at the end. It seems a little selfish... But then again, she wanted to keep those closest to her!?

Before that was Rin... This was the worst arc for me - had to resort to flow charts in order to get in her arc and then I got the bad ending. "Explain!", a few paragraphs after clicking that button, I realized. It was a real drag to go through the story, always trying to make out what to chose, to try and understand her (yes I know, "she cannot be understood"). Event the good ending seemed unclear whether they'll stay together or not (kinda like Shizune). Definitely didn't expect this of Rin. I thought it was going to be more fun.

Order played: Emi, Hanako, Shizune, Rin and Lilly.
Order by like: Hanako, Lilly, Emi, Shizune and Rin.

Hanako is just the sweetest character ever!

PS: I also can't help to admire Hisao's analytical skills when it comes to psychology. But then again, he's not really the creation of a single person is he?
Also wonder if different people working on each arc gave him unique to each route characteristics (or not?!).
Last edited by user_friendly on Sat Mar 09, 2013 3:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
pandaphil

Post by pandaphil »

user_friendly wrote:Just finished Lilly's arc and got the good ending. Got to say, Lilly's route was pretty romantic, especially at the summer house. That scene in the wheat fields, her blond hair, the sunset, the surprise ending after the credits... I really donno what to make of this. Maybe Hisao should had let her go at the end. It seems a little selfish... But then again, she wanted to keep those closest to her!?

Before that was Rin... This was the worst arc for me - had to resort to flow charts in order to get in her arc and then I got the bad ending. "Explain!", a few paragraphs after clicking that button, I realized. It was a real drag to go through the story, always trying to make out what to chose, to try and understand her (yes I know, "she cannot be understood"). Event the good ending seemed unclear whether they'll stay together or not (kinda like Shizune). Definitely didn't expect this of Rin. I thought it was going to be more fun.

No argument here man. Now you have to go read "Sisterhood". The perfect followup to Hanako's story.
"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things. But vice versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things or make them unimportant." ~ The Doctor.
user_friendly

Post by user_friendly »

pandaphil wrote:
user_friendly wrote:Just finished Lilly's arc and got the good ending. Got to say, Lilly's route was pretty romantic, especially at the summer house. That scene in the wheat fields, her blond hair, the sunset, the surprise ending after the credits... I really donno what to make of this. Maybe Hisao should had let her go at the end. It seems a little selfish... But then again, she wanted to keep those closest to her!?

No argument here man. Now you have to go read "Sisterhood". The perfect followup to Hanako's story.
That might be a bit too much for me :)
HLGU

Post by HLGU »

I kinda wanna start hanako's arc but Emi's still got me..
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

HLGU wrote:I kinda wanna start hanako's arc but Emi's still got me..
:P So finish Emi's then go for Hanako.
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
<KeiichiO>: "That's a beautiful response to chocolate."
pandaphil

Post by pandaphil »

HLGU wrote:I kinda wanna start hanako's arc but Emi's still got me..
I hear ya man. give yourself a few days, then dive into Hanako's story. You'll be glad you did.

No reason you can't love two (or three, or five) girls at the same time is there?
"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things. But vice versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things or make them unimportant." ~ The Doctor.
Steinherz

Post by Steinherz »

pandaphil wrote:No reason you can't love two (or three, or five) girls at the same time is there?
That's what is called "being a Harem Master".
I write take a look, would you kindly?
I also draw, kind of.
KeiichiO wrote:You shall now, and forever be known as, "Steinherz, The Great".
Oddball wrote:It's an obvious mistake. Both are disfigured orphans that read alot and both wear green skirts.
HLGU

Post by HLGU »

Xanatos wrote:

:P So finish Emi's then go for Hanako.

I did finish Emi's arc quite a while ago, I meant that she's still got my heart :D
HLGU

Post by HLGU »

pandaphil wrote:
I hear ya man. give yourself a few days, then dive into Hanako's story. You'll be glad you did.

No reason you can't love two (or three, or five) girls at the same time is there?

i guess you're right, I'd love to play Hanako's arc, she's just plain adorableness.
guess i'll be adapting polygamy here.
Algernon

The Devotion Sickness

Post by Algernon »

On my first play-through KS, I followed Hanakos route, as her mystique was intriguing, as well as her story. I played through, got her good ending and the feels followed suit.

I was eager to play through again... But as soon as I saw Hanako... Things felt wrong.... Like I was abandoning her. The thought of me just leaving poor Hanako alone... After everything. It was depressing

I named it Devotion Sickness.

I got through it, playing through the whole game... Has anyone else experienced the Devotion Sickness?
Warwise

Re: The Devotion Sickness

Post by Warwise »

Yes.
My first was Emi. After I got her good ending I wondered if I wanted to play the game and get the other girls. In the start I was thinking about doing the exact same thing I did before and play Emi´s story again.

Ended up doing Hanako. Now I only have to get Rin´s good ending and then Kenji.
Florentine

Re: The Devotion Sickness

Post by Florentine »

Based on the title...am i the only one who tought of a yandere galore?
Anyway, that feeling is normal, it is a proof of love