What arc should i try next?

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

user_friendly

Re: What arc should i try next?

Post by user_friendly »

Just finished Shizune's "good" & "bad" ending. Definitely, not what I expected. Anyway, the "bad" ending was... bad. Really, really sad. After all that they did together, the three of them... Damn. The "good" ending was a bit disappointing. It really seems they'll part ways after that. Like someone mentioned in a previous post, they never said bye though. Who knows. But Shizune not responding to Hisao, just smiling, erm... not to my liking. Then again, it's just me. That's her way I guess (don't waste time signing it, he's smart enough to get it). Overall, Shizune's arc at the end got interesting. Unexpected. Also, her dad is a really funny character. Disgraceful! Made me genuinely laugh. :)

Next is Rin. I hear she's an emotional roller-coaster... maybe? Well see.

Anyway, Great Game! Great Game! I tip my hat to the writers.
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

user_friendly wrote:But Shizune not responding to Hisao, just smiling...
Well, she IS a deaf-mute. xD
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
<KeiichiO>: "That's a beautiful response to chocolate."
Umber

Post by Umber »

user_friendly wrote:Just finished Shizune's "good" & "bad" ending. Definitely, not what I expected. Anyway, the "bad" ending was... bad. Really, really sad. After all that they did together, the three of them... Damn. The "good" ending was a bit disappointing. It really seems they'll part ways after that. Like someone mentioned in a previous post, they never said bye though. Who knows. But Shizune not responding to Hisao, just smiling, erm... not to my liking. Then again, it's just me. That's her way I guess (don't waste time signing it, he's smart enough to get it). Overall, Shizune's arc at the end got interesting. Unexpected. Also, her dad is a really funny character. Disgraceful! Made me genuinely laugh. :)

Next is Rin. I hear she's an emotional roller-coaster... maybe? Well see.

Anyway, Great Game! Great Game! I tip my hat to the writers.
Think the biggest emotional rollercoasters for me was Hanako's and Rin's arcs. Rin's is equally as awesome/heart-breaking as Hanako's, albeit with lots more sarcastic humor and frustration.
She also doesn't know what she says half the time, which is awesome.
-An occasional art thread.
pig dissections and cadaver examinations.
moomin

I was never here

Post by moomin »

I just felt like deleting my old posts
Last edited by moomin on Thu Nov 20, 2014 9:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
pandaphil

Re: About Hanakos bad ending

Post by pandaphil »

Welcome to the board sir.

Nah, you're not a bad person. Just hit the rewind button and get the good ending. History can be changed. :)

I actually cheated a little to avoid the bad endings. Mind you, I usually chose the good route, but if in doubt, I consulted the flow chart.

Because I just know that me getting a bad ending would look something like:
Attachments
RAGE.gif
RAGE.gif (2.93 MiB) Viewed 4229 times
"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things. But vice versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things or make them unimportant." ~ The Doctor.
Carighan

Post by Carighan »

For me personally, Hanako's bad ending was more annoying than feelsy. It was too abrupt and the fight too harsh to leave a lasting impact (her Neutral Ending is much worse IMO, because the acceptance by Hisao has this horrible tone of finality). I could see them make up a week later, easily (same goes for Rin's Bad Ending).

Yet what annoyed me was how random it seemed to progress from choosing not to do something. I get the reasoning behind it, OTOH you could argue that since in Act 1 the correct choice was to apologize instead of tugging at her again by once again introducing you... I can see how many people would not know why one is supposed to be the bad choice. Comparable to Emi's route and Mutou's choice, but there is an escape hatch added in Emi's route.
The strength of heart to face oneself has been made manifest. The persona Carighan has appeared.
pandaphil

Post by pandaphil »

Some of the choices were pretty stupidly obvious though. Like many of Lilly's choices that are like "Should I tell her how I feel?" or "Tell her about the letter?". If you love someone, why not be honest about your feelings and not try to hide things from her.
"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things. But vice versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things or make them unimportant." ~ The Doctor.
Steinherz

Post by Steinherz »

pandaphil wrote:Some of the choices were pretty stupidly obvious though. Like many of Lilly's choices that are like "Should I tell her how I feel?" or "Tell her about the letter?". If you love someone, why not be honest about your feelings and not try to hide things from her.
Remember though: Love often makes people do stupid things. That and fear of worrying your loved ones can cause you to make stupid/bad decisions.
I write take a look, would you kindly?
I also draw, kind of.
KeiichiO wrote:You shall now, and forever be known as, "Steinherz, The Great".
Oddball wrote:It's an obvious mistake. Both are disfigured orphans that read alot and both wear green skirts.
moomin

Lol

Post by moomin »

Same thing here
Last edited by moomin on Thu Nov 20, 2014 9:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
pandaphil

Post by pandaphil »

Steinherz wrote:
pandaphil wrote:Some of the choices were pretty stupidly obvious though. Like many of Lilly's choices that are like "Should I tell her how I feel?" or "Tell her about the letter?". If you love someone, why not be honest about your feelings and not try to hide things from her.
Remember though: Love often makes people do stupid things. That and fear of worrying your loved ones can cause you to make stupid/bad decisions.
True enough. I've just always been an 'honesty is best' kind of person. If I'm with someone for the long haul, then its best they know the real me. Good and bad. Lying or blowing off feelings just causes problems down the road.

Not saying I'm perfect of course. I misread Rin badly and prodded her into attending the show. Ended up with the neutral ending the first time.

moomin wrote:Hey, thanks a lot:) I never use flowcharts, they make me feel like i'm cheating, and i want to know that could i actually be able to get good ending without any help.
By far there has been lots of these obvious choices, with Emi and Lilly, but with Hanako i couldn't foresee the consequences of choosing to stay at school instead of city.
Things like that are tough. I just figured the best way to help us develop as a couple and her as aperson was to get out and do things, not sulk behind closed doors. And she seemed to enjoy herself when we were out with Lily and Akira. So I figured, hey go for it!
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

moomin wrote:And am i a bad person for getting it?
Yes. You're a truly terrible person for getting a bad ending in a visual novel. I bet you eat babies, and your parents probably hate you.
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
Dream

Post by Dream »

Xanatos wrote:
Yes. You're a truly terrible person for getting a bad ending in a visual novel. I bet you eat babies, and your parents probably hate you.
:lol: Awesome. Pure awesome :lol:
"It is not reason, more or less furnished, but will that makes the world march"

"Unfortunately, if you can think of something really stupid, someone out there probably believes it." -Xanatos
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

Dream wrote:
Xanatos wrote:
:lol: Awesome. Pure awesome :lol:
Isn't it though? It's one of my stock one-liners since "Am I a bad person for [insert ridiculous thing here]?" is a weirdly common question I get...
Dream

Post by Dream »

Xanatos wrote:Isn't it though? It's one of my stock one-liners since "Am I a bad person for [insert ridiculous thing here]?" is a weirdly common question I get...
Man, never would have imagined that "Am i bad for x" was a common thing people asked. You learn something new everyday it seems.

Also, that's a good one-liner, can see why you have it in your stock.
"It is not reason, more or less furnished, but will that makes the world march"

"Unfortunately, if you can think of something really stupid, someone out there probably believes it." -Xanatos
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

Dream wrote:
Xanatos wrote:Isn't it though? It's one of my stock one-liners since "Am I a bad person for [insert ridiculous thing here]?" is a weirdly common question I get...
Man, never would have imagined that "Am i bad for x" was a common thing people asked. You learn something new everyday it seems.

Also, that's a good one-liner, can see why you have it in your stock.
Not sure what it says about me that I keep a stock of snarky sarcastic one-liners though. :lol: