What arc should i try next?

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

bobly81

Re: Dissussion about the order in which you play the routes.

Post by bobly81 »

So... I just shed man tears. Im almost done with lilly's arc, but felt i had to come here before i finished it. Ill probaby post an edit when i do finish. WHY DOES SHE HAVE TO LEAVE WAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!!! Fucking devs had to make me depressed for like a month now! Dambit i thought i somehow screwed up and got her bad ending! This shit... I hate it.

Edit:

Wow... that was truly something. I can say no more than this is definitely one of the most well put together stories I've ever read in my entire life. I take back my comments in the spoiler, although they were well fitting at the time.
Order done so far: Shizune>>>Lilly
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

YZQ wrote:Sit back, relax (with milk and cookies for Shizune's as you WILL be doing a lot of mindless clicking)
What game were you playing? If you were mindlessly clicking at any point, you're doing it wrong.
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
<KeiichiO>: "That's a beautiful response to chocolate."
YZQ

Post by YZQ »

Xanatos wrote:
YZQ wrote:Sit back, relax (with milk and cookies for Shizune's as you WILL be doing a lot of mindless clicking)
What game were you playing? If you were mindlessly clicking at any point, you're doing it wrong.
Ok, maybe the "mindless" should be more tongue-in-cheek (I do read the text before clicking). Just saying that there will be a lot of clicking. Also, KS is my 1st VN, so I am unused to how the story advances. Fortunately, the spacebar is now sharing the burden of the left mouse key.
Last edited by YZQ on Thu Jan 24, 2013 3:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Nothing is beneath man. Everything is permitted."

"...since love and fear can hardly exist together, if we must choose between them, it is far safer to be feared than loved. However, it is important above all to avoid being hated."
OtakuNinja

Post by OtakuNinja »

YZQ wrote:
Xanatos wrote:
Ok, maybe the "mindless" should be cancelled. Just saying that there will be a lot of clicking.
That's what the game is all about. :lol: If you don't like it, use the auto mode. ;)
Last edited by OtakuNinja on Thu Jan 24, 2013 3:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Emibro, Hanabro, [Lilly Lover], Rin Kin, Feminist, Two-timer
(Passively working on my KS YouTube series. Someday...)
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

YZQ wrote:
Xanatos wrote:
Ok, maybe the "mindless" should be cancelled. Just saying that there will be a lot of clicking.

A lot of clicking in a game played on a computer, one of the two primary input devices of which is a mouse...

Imagine that. :P
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
YZQ

Post by YZQ »

The "mindless" part comes where you can click anywhere within the window. In most other games, where you click matters.

"...since love and fear can hardly exist together, if we must choose between them, it is far safer to be feared than loved. However, it is important above all to avoid being hated."
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

YZQ wrote:The "mindless" part comes where you can click anywhere within the window. In most other games, where you click matters.
You want mindless clicking, try any adventure game. Those things are so completely batshit insane with their logic, you pretty much have to mindlessly click everywhere to get anything done. :lol:
acidhedz

Post by acidhedz »

Xanatos wrote:
acidhedz wrote:I felt the Misha lesbian swerve was rather pointless, and it made little sense in context, plus the ending more than a little odd. Hey we've been having sex and I just told you I love you, hope we see each other before the 10 year reunion, well... bye.
Pointless except for the point, you mean? And how does it not make sense in context?

I don't think that's how the ending happened...There was no "bye", for one thing. And what's odd about pursuing one's goals? What would really be odd is screwing up all their plans just to keep being the three musketeers. Sometimes people end up separated. It's less "we fucked, bye!" and more "We might separate someday but fuck it, let's enjoy our time until then."

Incidentally, why is the plot twist in spoilers and the ending right there for anyone to see? If they haven't caught the plot twist, the ending's a spoiler too...I fixed it in the quote.

And your reasoning for flow charts makes little sense. It's an "interactive novel"...Okay? How does that justify removing the entire purpose of the "interactive" element by using a guide? :?

Misha's behavior makes more sense in context that either she is also hooked on the lead, or that she is allowing herself to be totally submitted to the will of Shizune. Cutting her hair to look more like her, etc. The lesbian angle had the feeling of being done just to avoid the love triangle cliche. It added nothing to the story, and did not ring true with her earlier behavior to me.

The ending is abrupt. In the other two I've done you get a sense that these two people are going to try to make it together, there is a feeling of "this will continue" Shizune's just ends. As for why I didn't feel it needed to be put in spoiler tags, there is very little to reveal about the very ending, which is what I didn't like about it. Everything important happens earlier, the ending is very anticlimactic.

Interactive in the multi-media sense. I cheat when I play other games as well because I derive no pleasure from the act of playing them, in fact, I will go even further and say I find playing against other people unpleasant. I enjoy the journey of reading the story, the game element is irrelevant to me. I will use the charts to get all the good endings, and I may look at the others at a later time. Since I dislike tragedy and find ambiguous endings annoying most of the time, I will likely stick to comedy. In case you need that explained. I am speaking in story telling terms, in which there are only three ways to end a story. Happy, sad and leave it to the audience. Comedy, tragedy and ambiguous.
Last edited by acidhedz on Thu Jan 24, 2013 4:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dubstep, Electronica, Synth-Classical interpretations... music.

"Science adjusts its views based on what's observed, faith is the denial of observation so that belief can be preserved."
Tim Minchin
YZQ

Post by YZQ »

I personally used the guide to get into the routes. After that, I used the rules-of-thumb to navigate my way (no White Knighting for Hanako (and Emi to some extent), honesty for Lily).

Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

acidhedz wrote:Misha's behavior makes more sense in context that either she is also hooked on the lead, or that she is allowing herself to be totally submitted to the will of Shizune. Cutting her hair to look more like her, etc. The lesbian angle had the feeling of being done just to avoid the love triangle cliche. It added nothing to the story, and did not ring true with her earlier behavior to me.

The ending is abrupt. In the other two I've done you get a sense that these two people are going to try to make it together

Since I dislike tragedy and find ambiguous endings annoying most of the time, I will likely stick to comedy.
She is submitting to Shizune. She does everything for Shizune's approval. That's the motivation of her character and it adds this little thing called "tension" and "drama" to the story...And it didn't ring true with her earlier behavior because it wasn't supposed to: Her early behavior is a ruse specifically invented to hide it.

When did it ever mention she cut her hair to look like Shizune? And they didn't avoid that cliche. That angle CREATES the cliche. :lol:

You get the events leading up to an ending, then an ending. Doesn't seem abrupt to me. And the story isn't about "making it" with some chick. None of them are. :? It was a big aspect of many, but it's not as big a part of this one. That's why there's no sense of it.

Plus there's only one comedy ending here, in Kenji's end...And it's arguably tragic. :lol:
Last edited by Xanatos on Thu Jan 24, 2013 4:53 am, edited 3 times in total.
pandaphil

Post by pandaphil »

I only use guides in games when I'm hopelessly stuck and frustrated.

For this one, I just walked through and got Emi first time. Next time I really wanted Hanako. But as I play through I'm suddenly meeting Rin's art teacher. The hell? Thankfully I save at every decision point, so I backtracked and followed the flow chart here on the board. *Ta-da!* Good ending.
"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things. But vice versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things or make them unimportant." ~ The Doctor.
acidhedz

Post by acidhedz »

As I said in the first post, for those who don't pay attention, I did the first chapter through before the full game came out and got Rin just by picking options that felt right for me.

When the full game came out I used the chart to make sure I got Rin again, then did her story without any help. Since I literally dl'ed the game the day it came out, then sat here and played it through as soon as I got it installed, there wasn't any help to be had anyway. I played it through and got her good ending. After that I could not play the game for a long time, then forgot about it. I recently rearranged my desktop icons and noticed it, and decided I could do the other girls now, which lead me to come back to the forum.

I wasn't expecting to be fired off on by the resident smart ass. Although I shouldn't be surprised, every forum seems to have at least one of them. Just an FYI, I am incapable of finding people like you funny Xanatos, you just get on my nerves. When people get on my nerves I get nasty with them. Since I have a knack for psychology, and have been reading at a college level since 2end grade, no one has ever out dicked me online. I'm a manic-depressive and right now I am in an agitated, combative mood. Don't push me.

I am using the charts because I just don't care about "playing the game." I just want to read the stories, and I will do it on my own terms. It's that simple.
Dubstep, Electronica, Synth-Classical interpretations... music.

"Science adjusts its views based on what's observed, faith is the denial of observation so that belief can be preserved."
Tim Minchin
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

acidhedz wrote:[words words words no boobs]
Don't get your dick in a knot, guy. I really don't give a shit how you play. :roll: Your initial reasoning fell apart under the slightest scrutiny so I pointed that out. You gave more solid reasoning then the subject was dropped. Period. So go be agitated somewhere where it makes sense instead of randomly being a pain in my ass. You're manic-depressive? We've all got problems. Chill out. Sheesh...

And you read at a college level in second grade? Cool. I work for the FBI and secretly rule Canada.
Last edited by Xanatos on Thu Jan 24, 2013 5:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
YZQ

Post by YZQ »

pandaphil wrote:I only use guides in games when I'm hopelessly stuck and frustrated.

For this one, I just walked through and got Emi first time. Next time I really wanted Hanako. But as I play through I'm suddenly meeting Rin's art teacher. The hell? Thankfully I save at every decision point, so I backtracked and followed the flow chart here on the board. *Ta-da!* Good ending.
First run was with Emi myself. (I know that according to stats, a lot of people get Emi's route first.)

Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

YZQ wrote:
pandaphil wrote:I only use guides in games when I'm hopelessly stuck and frustrated.

First run was with Emi myself. (I know that according to stats, a lot of people get Emi's route first.)
Everyone gets trapped with Emi, few intend it. :lol: