What arc should i try next?

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

pandaphil

Re: Dissussion about the order in which you play the routes.

Post by pandaphil »

Xanatos wrote:
Everyone gets trapped with Emi, few intend it. :lol:
You guys talk like gettign Emi is a bad thing. I can think of far worse traps to be caught in. :)

Those eyes...
Last edited by pandaphil on Thu Jan 24, 2013 6:50 am, edited 4 times in total.
"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things. But vice versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things or make them unimportant." ~ The Doctor.
acidhedz

Post by acidhedz »

Xanatos wrote:
acidhedz wrote:[words words words no boobs]
Don't get your dick in a knot, guy. I really don't give a shit how you play. :roll: Your initial reasoning fell apart under the slightest scrutiny so I pointed that out. You gave more solid reasoning then the subject was dropped. Period. So go be agitated somewhere where it makes sense instead of randomly being a pain in my ass. You're manic-depressive? We've all got problems. Chill out. Sheesh...

And you read at a college level in second grade? Cool. I work for the FBI and secretly rule Canada.
If you didn't care, then why did you reply to what I said? That makes you a hypocrite.

You didn't scrutinize anything I said, you just acted like you knew better than I did. Typical behavior from your kind. Forum rats.

You replied to me first, which means you are being a pain in my ass.

The FBI is the American federal investigation agency, which makes your 10th rate joke a non sequitur at best. For it to make sense you would have to work for the CIA, they are the ones who deal with outside threats and supposedly take over countries.

I started reading Stephen King in grade school. I read The Iliad, and the Odyssey in middle school for fun.

That was a fair and free warning. This is your last, do not to start with me, boy.

Everyone gets trapped with Emi, few intend it.
I didn't, and because I have those nifty charts, I can do her path last because she interests me the least. Funny how that works out aint it...
Dubstep, Electronica, Synth-Classical interpretations... music.

"Science adjusts its views based on what's observed, faith is the denial of observation so that belief can be preserved."
Tim Minchin
YZQ

Post by YZQ »

Xanatos wrote:
YZQ wrote:
pandaphil wrote:I only use guides in games when I'm hopelessly stuck and frustrated.

For this one, I just walked through and got Emi first time. Next time I really wanted Hanako. But as I play through I'm suddenly meeting Rin's art teacher. The hell? Thankfully I save at every decision point, so I backtracked and followed the flow chart here on the board. *Ta-da!* Good ending.
First run was with Emi myself. (I know that according to stats, a lot of people get Emi's route first.)
Everyone gets trapped with Emi, few intend it. :lol:
The moment you "go for it", you're pretty much stuck with her. Just goes to show how many gungho players there are.
"Nothing is beneath man. Everything is permitted."

"...since love and fear can hardly exist together, if we must choose between them, it is far safer to be feared than loved. However, it is important above all to avoid being hated."
YZQ

Re: Is anyone unwilling to do the bad/neutral endings?

Post by YZQ »

Substance wrote:I understand people saying I'm missing out, and why they might think that, but for me a story ends how I want it to end. When I play games with moral choices, I choose the good choices and never replay for the bad endings. It's not that I don't enjoy sad stories, I've read many sad stories, watched many sad movies and played games with sad endings. But when the choice is mine, I will make sure as many people get as happy an ending as possible, I'm just that kind of guy.

And that is why while Hanako was my favourite character, Lillys route is my favourite as two of the girls get happy endings, and I really thought seeing her façade crumble and see how much her and Hisao really felt about each other really touched me. You might disagree and think I'm missing out, but I'm not, the story made me happy and that's perfectly fine by me.
As if to support you, there are no new scenes for Lily's Bad End. I wouldn't mind doing the neutral/bad ends, but they won't be a priority.
Last edited by YZQ on Thu Jan 24, 2013 7:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

"...since love and fear can hardly exist together, if we must choose between them, it is far safer to be feared than loved. However, it is important above all to avoid being hated."
Hisao&Hanako<3

Post by Hisao&Hanako<3 »

pandaphil wrote:I'm enough of a mess after the good endings. I'm not sure if I'm strong enough to handle the bad endings. Especially if they involve hurting any of the girls in any way.
Do what feels right for you. Don't listen to those that are all like, "If you don't watch them all, you don't understand." They don't understand. Do what you feel your spirit telling you to do.
YZQ

Post by YZQ »

Hisao&Hanako<3 wrote:
pandaphil wrote:I'm enough of a mess after the good endings. I'm not sure if I'm strong enough to handle the bad endings. Especially if they involve hurting any of the girls in any way.
Do what feels right for you. Don't listen to those that are all like, "If you don't watch them all, you don't understand." They don't understand. Do what you feel your spirit telling you to do.
Still, using the bad ends as a spring board for fan fiction is something good.

pandaphil

Post by pandaphil »

Hisao&Hanako<3 wrote:
Thanks for your kind words H&H. They're much appreciated.

So without spoiling it, would someone be kind enough to rank the various bad/neutral endings as far as sadness goes? So I can ease my way into them.
"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things. But vice versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things or make them unimportant." ~ The Doctor.
Nobody in Particular

Post by Nobody in Particular »

pandaphil wrote: So without spoiling it, would someone be kind enough to rank the various bad/neutral endings as far as sadness goes? So I can ease my way into them.
Well as long as you save Rin's Neutral and Shizune's Bad until the end you should be fine. They hit harder a lot more than the others. Lilly's Neutral and Hanako's Neutral are probably the best to start on.
YZQ

Post by YZQ »

I thought Lily has only Good and Bad Ends?

emmjay

Post by emmjay »

YZQ wrote:The moment you "go for it", you're pretty much stuck with her. Just goes to show how many gungho players there are.
Yeah, you'd think more of us would realize that making a guy with a heart condition exert himself is a bad idea... :)
Getting him to exercise, good. Getting him to try to outrun a track star, bad.
Yuuko > Akira > Miki > Meiko > Sae.

Some one-shots I've written (Updated 7/29/2017)
Nobody in Particular

Post by Nobody in Particular »

YZQ wrote:I thought Lily has only Good and Bad Ends?
She has two ends, the good one and the "neutral" one. Some people call that the Lilly bad end anyway.
YZQ

Post by YZQ »

Nobody in Particular wrote:
YZQ wrote:I thought Lily has only Good and Bad Ends?
She has two ends, the good one and the "neutral" one. Some people call that the Lilly bad end anyway.
Ah, different names. That clears it up.

In other news, Emi's route did bring up an interesting difference: there are two different routes to her Good End. As far as I can see, it is slightly tricky to get the longer one.

Quantum Toast

Post by Quantum Toast »

First time I went through Act 1, I just made the choices closest to what I'd actually do, and got Rin. Which is apparently unusual.

After that it was Hanako, then Shizune, then Emi, and I started Lilly yesterday. (I've actually been adding the signature bar things as I finish the routes)

I just tried to avoid getting two from the same pair (Emi/Rin, Hanako/Lilly, and to a lesser extent Lilly/Shizune) in a row, and I'd heard Lilly's route was a good one to do last.
emmjay

Post by emmjay »

Yes and no. I've gotten 100% completion, but I don't tend to do the bad or neutral ends on replays unless it's just been a long time since I've seen them.
That said, Hanako's bad end is pretty powerful. I'd consider it the "best" bad end. Not because it's happy or anything, but because it's one of the few places in the VN where Hanako really shows her inner strength. Even as she's saying "I know I need help! I know I'm broken!", I can't help but think, "Not as much as you think, Hanako." Hisao even says something to the same effect in his narration.
Yuuko > Akira > Miki > Meiko > Sae.

Some one-shots I've written (Updated 7/29/2017)
Banryu

Post by Banryu »

Yeah, after I finished Hanako's route I didn't want to do ANY of the others, much less the bad endings...

...But I guess I'm kind of a masochist like that, because I went back and did it anyway.
I like to see it as a cautionary measure... 'This is what she could go through if you fail', I tell myself. In some cases it really is interesting to see a side of them that you wouldn't otherwise see, like in Hanako's-- It's the same Hanako, same person, reacting differently under different circumstances. And as traumatic and horrifying as it is to see her snap like that, it's still showing an aspect of her character that we wouldn't have otherwise seen.

In some cases though it seems like doing the alternate endings is just redundant, as is the case with Lilly (I think)-- her good ending is basically just a lengthened version of the neutral ending, right? As in, it doesn't branch off if you succeed or fail, but simply continues further if you succeed.
Holy shit how do I practically have 50 posts already
Goddammit KS stop consuming my life
I mean it