What arc should i try next?

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Oddball

Re: First Playthrough... Now What?

Post by Oddball »

Megumeru wrote:
Oddball wrote:Now the one decision is a bad, but what makes that even worse is the character an themes of he story. In Act 1, you get Shizune's attention by taking chances and standing up for yourself. She says how she likes people that aren't worthless and actually go out and do things, so for the rest of the game you ... follow her around aimlessly doing whatever she says with no input of your own.

Nothing i settled, nothing is really resolved, all the drama is handled by ignoring it until it goes away. Hisao's health? never an issue. Shizune's problems with her family? Not going to handle it. Misha's depression? Ignore it until she starts acting like herself again. Shizune's sudden declaration that she really is a poor leader and doesn't know what she wants to do. lasts about three seconds before she says she knows what she's going to do now and is going to change... and you never actually see her do it, at least not in her route. In Lilly and Hanako's route,you see her actually opening up to people and trying to help or make amends.

On top of al o that, never once do Shizune and Hisao really feel like a couple. They have sex twice but both those scenes come out of nowhere and are never referenced again. I don;'t think Shizune ever actually says "I love you," or refers to Hisao as her boyfriend.

Plus lots of people just really don't like her personality.
Oh, really?

Do tell me how everything is resolved in Lilly's route 8)
There you go, looking for an argument again so you can come to your favorite little characters defense. It's almost cute. Here's a tip though, next time, if want me to clarify something I've said, make sure it's something that i actually said.

At no point did I say EVERYTHING was wrapped up in Lilly's route, plenty of things where, but not everything. As opposed to Shizune's route, where almost nothing was wrapped up and even the few things they did wrap up tended to come right out of nowhere and were only half heatedly addressed by a line or two of dialogue.
Not Dead Yet
Megumeru

Post by Megumeru »

Oddball wrote:
Megumeru wrote:
Oddball wrote:Now the one decision is a bad, but what makes that even worse is the character an themes of he story. In Act 1, you get Shizune's attention by taking chances and standing up for yourself. She says how she likes people that aren't worthless and actually go out and do things, so for the rest of the game you ... follow her around aimlessly doing whatever she says with no input of your own.

Nothing i settled, nothing is really resolved, all the drama is handled by ignoring it until it goes away. Hisao's health? never an issue. Shizune's problems with her family? Not going to handle it. Misha's depression? Ignore it until she starts acting like herself again. Shizune's sudden declaration that she really is a poor leader and doesn't know what she wants to do. lasts about three seconds before she says she knows what she's going to do now and is going to change... and you never actually see her do it, at least not in her route. In Lilly and Hanako's route,you see her actually opening up to people and trying to help or make amends.

On top of al o that, never once do Shizune and Hisao really feel like a couple. They have sex twice but both those scenes come out of nowhere and are never referenced again. I don;'t think Shizune ever actually says "I love you," or refers to Hisao as her boyfriend.

Plus lots of people just really don't like her personality.
Oh, really?

Do tell me how everything is resolved in Lilly's route 8)
There you go, looking for an argument again so you can come to your favorite little characters defense. It's almost cute. Here's a tip though, next time, if want me to clarify something I've said, make sure it's something that i actually said.

At no point did I say EVERYTHING was wrapped up in Lilly's route, plenty of things where, but not everything. As opposed to Shizune's route, where almost nothing was wrapped up and even the few things they did wrap up tended to come right out of nowhere and were only half heatedly addressed by a line or two of dialogue.
So you're blaming me?

You're the one who's picking the bone, so I'm serving you what you asked. You want another 'flashy-thing', or do you want me to lay down my arguments on how Lilly's story line has almost nothing wrapped up aside from spoon-feeding feels by the gallon?
They say they hate Shizune? What is this? BLASPHEMY!

SHII-HAEL!
Shizune>Rin>Emi>Hanako>Lilly
"A writer is a light that reveals the world of his story from darkness. Shapes it from nothingness. If the writer stops, the world dies with it." - Alan Wake
Yes, I write stories. Currently working on: The Haunting: A Love Story
Oddball

Post by Oddball »

So you're blaming me?
I'm not blaming you. Mocking you, maybe, poking fun at you, certainly, but not blaming you. People were talking about flaws in the Shizune route. That is ALSO what i was talking about. Then you came in and started bad mouthing the Lilly route for no real reason, just like you do every single time anybody says anything bad about Shizune or her route. You're trying to start an argument when nobody is arguing against you.

This isn't a "Lilly's route is better than Shizune's" discussion.
This isn't a Hanako is better than Shizune discussion.
This isn't even a Nomiya is better than Shizune discussion.
There is no "vs" here.

Where we're at right now is a "Shizune's route really isn't that good discussion." Saying it's better than Lilly's still doesn't make it a good route. That simply isn't what anybody here is talking about.

Stop trying to drag an opponent into the area simply so you can have something to defeat. This is not one of those types of discussions. You need to tone that competitive edge of yours down a few notches.
You're the one who's picking the bone, so I'm serving you what you asked. You want another 'flashy-thing', or do you want me to lay down my arguments on how Lilly's story line has almost nothing wrapped up aside from spoon-feeding feels by the gallon?
What I would like is for you to actually take part in the same discussion that everybody else is having without feeling the need to start a fight.
You're the one who's picking the bone
This I do like though. I've never heard anyone phrase it like this before, but I like it.
Not Dead Yet
Megumeru

Post by Megumeru »

Oddball wrote: I'm not blaming you. Mocking you, maybe, poking fun at you, certainly, but not blaming you. People were talking about flaws in the Shizune route. That is ALSO what i was talking about. Then you came in and started bad mouthing the Lilly route for no real reason, just like you do every single time anybody says anything bad about Shizune or her route. You're trying to start an argument when nobody is arguing against you.

Blaming me for starting it, to be clear.
Do I hint anything about 'X is better than Y'? No, I don't think so. Are we talking about Shizune's route? Definitely, and when it comes to flaws there's the route to look or made reference into so I'm not off-the-bat with my previous statement.

Mocking you, not to a certain degree. Do I like poking fun at you? Certainly, and that is a plus.
It's the same how we operate, actually. There isn't much difference to how you respond to yours truly in a different thread; difference is, it's only you who abruptly returns with an aggression I'm willing to play-along considering Lilly. How cute.
Oddball wrote: What I would like is for you to actually take part in the same discussion that everybody else is having without feeling the need to start a fight.
ソウナノカ~? Is that so? You don't say?

If you don't actually come to an early conclusion then maybe that will happen given a few posts or one-two pages.
Oddball wrote:
You're the one who's picking the bone
This I do like though. I've never heard anyone phrase it like this before, but I like it.
Really?

Thought that was pretty common.
...I feel old now

Just like the usual with this little skirmishes, have a flashy thing 8)

SHII-HAEL!
"A writer is a light that reveals the world of his story from darkness. Shapes it from nothingness. If the writer stops, the world dies with it." - Alan Wake
Boppin

Post by Boppin »

"Shizune Shyster" is the only thing I can think of right off the bat. The Japanese "ne" sound is kind of hard to rhyme with in English. Any playful words would probably be best to start with the "sh" sound.
Emibro, Hanabro, Lilly Lover, [Rin KinImage], Feminist, Two-timer
OtakuNinja

Post by OtakuNinja »

Boppin wrote:"Shizune Shyster" is the only thing I can think of right off the bat. The Japanese "ne" sound is kind of hard to rhyme with in English. Any playful words would probably be best to start with the "sh" sound.
I'll stick with Feminist. ;)
Emibro, Hanabro, [Lilly Lover], Rin Kin, Feminist, Two-timer
(Passively working on my KS YouTube series. Someday...)
Oddball

Post by Oddball »

Sorry, Megs. I'm not doing the dance with you this time.
Last edited by Oddball on Fri Oct 12, 2012 5:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Not Dead Yet
ShadeHaven

Post by ShadeHaven »

OtakuNinja wrote:
Boppin wrote:"Shizune Shyster" is the only thing I can think of right off the bat. The Japanese "ne" sound is kind of hard to rhyme with in English. Any playful words would probably be best to start with the "sh" sound.
Shizunites.
Megumeru

Post by Megumeru »

OtakuNinja wrote:
Shizu-nee sounds like somethinh Hideaki would use to call Shizune (Shizune nee-san/older sister; abbreviated). Shizuist maybe? Shizunites? Shizunes (pronounced Shizoons). Shii-ites sounds like we're screaming dirka-dirka somewhere, sometime (no offense meant)

Shizubro is the standaed-issue usually.

Heck, I don't know. Feminists sounds ok now; its like we're something conspiratorists would be up against

SHII-HAEL!
FortuneSnowman

Post by FortuneSnowman »

Am I allowed to be neutral on Shizune or will I be burned at the stake?
Rin>Lilly>Shizune>Hanako>Manly Picnic>Emi
Oddball

Post by Oddball »

FortuneSnowman wrote:Am I allowed to be neutral on Shizune or will I be burned at the stake?
That depends.

Do you like her more or less than Misha?
Not Dead Yet
FortuneSnowman

Post by FortuneSnowman »

Oddball wrote:
FortuneSnowman wrote:Am I allowed to be neutral on Shizune or will I be burned at the stake?
That depends.

Do you like her more or less than Misha?
Eehhhh... Less, I'm gonna go with less. Then perhaps dive for cover.
Rin>Lilly>Shizune>Hanako>Manly Picnic>Emi
Boppin

Post by Boppin »

Megumeru wrote:
OtakuNinja wrote:
Shizu-nee sounds like somethinh Hideaki would use to call Shizune (Shizune nee-san/older sister; abbreviated). Shizuist maybe? Shizunites? Shizunes (pronounced Shizoons). Shii-ites sounds like we're screaming dirka-dirka somewhere, sometime (no offense meant)

Shizubro is the standaed-issue usually.

Heck, I don't know. Feminists sounds ok now; its like we're something conspiratorists would be up against
Definitely gotta say "Shizunites" is the best.
Emibro, Hanabro, Lilly Lover, [Rin KinImage], Feminist, Two-timer
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

OtakuNinja wrote:Alright, this is what we've got so far:

Emibro
Hanabro
Lillybro :?
Rin Kin
Feminist
Two-timer
The first three are uncreative. Boo!
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
<KeiichiO>: "That's a beautiful response to chocolate."
OtakuNinja

Post by OtakuNinja »

Xanatos wrote:
OtakuNinja wrote:Alright, this is what we've got so far:

Emibro
Hanabro
Lillybro :?
Rin Kin
Feminist
Two-timer
The first three are uncreative. Boo!
Emibro and Hanabro have already been established in the KS community. ;) But please help me think of something creative for Lilly. 'Bro' doesn't fit her at all... :|
Emibro, Hanabro, [Lilly Lover], Rin Kin, Feminist, Two-timer
(Passively working on my KS YouTube series. Someday...)