Lily's good ending

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Oddball

Re: Lily's good ending

Post by Oddball »

Xanatos wrote:
OtakuNinja wrote:There are bad endings, and there are worse bad endings. It's not neutral.

Good = Love.
Neutral = There was never any love.
Bad = There was love, but someone (mainly Hisao) screwed up and caused the couple to drift apart.

This is why Lilly has a bad end, Hanako has a neutral end, and Rin has 2 bad ends, one being the "worse bad end". Emi's third is her semi-good end. :)

This technically makes Kenji's end a neutral one, unless you count the "bromance". :P
Huh. I've always viewed it a bit differently.

Good = Evolution
Neutral = Stagnation
Bad = Destruction
Going by your definition, I'd say Shizune has a neutral and a bad ending without any good. You're right about the relationship and drive, but at the same time, the other option is that they don't really move on at all. They talk about changing, but nothing really seems to happen in that regard. Hisao's last words are in the arc indicate that he still is pursuing Shizune while every other arc it's pretty obvious that the characters are in a lasting relationship.
Not Dead Yet
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

Oddball wrote:Going by your definition, I'd say Shizune has a neutral and a bad ending without any good. You're right about the relationship and drive, but at the same time, the other option is that they don't really move on at all. They talk about changing, but nothing really seems to happen in that regard. Hisao's last words are in the arc indicate that he still is pursuing Shizune while every other arc it's pretty obvious that the characters are in a lasting relationship.
Well, Misha cuts out her emo phase and they all generally move past all that nonsense. By the end, he's not so much actively pursuing her as letting whatever happens happen. No huge change is shown (though smaller change is) but they all resolve to change and improve what needs it, and such resolve takes a mental change itself.

On the other hand, it's at least half a year since I played the game, so I can't remember any of this stuff so well.
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
<KeiichiO>: "That's a beautiful response to chocolate."
YZQ

Post by YZQ »

Shizune is one stubborn girl. She has to want to change in order to do so. Her ability to be influenced by others is limited at best.
"Nothing is beneath man. Everything is permitted."

"...since love and fear can hardly exist together, if we must choose between them, it is far safer to be feared than loved. However, it is important above all to avoid being hated."
Tomate

Post by Tomate »

All this Good/Neutral/Bad ending thing is getting quite absurd, now people are saying things like "Better Ending" and "More neutral than good ending".

We need a Sliding Scale of Endings, things are getting silly as is.

@oddball
Neutral? Nah. At Shizune's ending Hisao, Shizune and Misha learned something about themselves and some problems were solved, its not neutral, its pretty good actually, its just not like Lilly saccharine overdose ending.
Don't just eat that hamburger, eat the HELL out of it!
Fiandra

Post by Fiandra »

She has mind-controlling powers.
@Ygdrasel wrote:All's fair in poop and war.
-Insert favorite KS girls here-
teh twitter
teh steem
OtakuNinja

Post by OtakuNinja »

I've always sondered... Who came up with the name "Rin's neutral ending" in the first place? :?
Emibro, Hanabro, [Lilly Lover], Rin Kin, Feminist, Two-timer
(Passively working on my KS YouTube series. Someday...)
YZQ

Post by YZQ »

OtakuNinja wrote:I've always sondered... Who came up with the name "Rin's neutral ending" in the first place? :?
She had 3 endings, so some smart fellow designated the "good, neutral, and bad" system.

"...since love and fear can hardly exist together, if we must choose between them, it is far safer to be feared than loved. However, it is important above all to avoid being hated."
Coleman

Post by Coleman »

YZQ wrote:
OtakuNinja wrote:I've always sondered... Who came up with the name "Rin's neutral ending" in the first place? :?
She had 3 endings, so some smart fellow designated the "good, neutral, and bad" system.
And since many people can't help but think in absolutes it has plagued the community ever since.

To some other recent posts; my only problem with Shizune's ending is that Hisao is so passive and just lets her continue to be controlling. Their sex scenes, even when he is in more dominant positions she is still controlling his movement in some way. Since I am in no way a submissive person it really put me off.

Back to topic. Not sure how this got to 5 pages, realize I'm not helping by continuing it but some of the derails were interesting to me. Original poster, this isn't like most forums where necroing is frowned upon. If your post fits into a feels lilly topic you should have found the most relevant one and posted there. Read the forum rules for more info: http://ks.renai.us/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=4716
Preferences: 1-Lilly 2-Emi 3-Hanako 4-Rin 5-Shizune
Play Order: 1-Hanako 2-Shizune 3-Emi 4-Lilly 5-Rin
Tomate

Post by Tomate »

Coleman wrote:
YZQ wrote:
And since many people can't help but think in absolutes it has plagued the community ever since.

To some other recent posts; my only problem with Shizune's ending is that Hisao is so passive and just lets her continue to be controlling. Their sex scenes, even when he is in more dominant positions she is still controlling his movement in some way. Since I am in no way a submissive person it really put me off.
Yet is the only route where Hisao asks the lady out without making a ass of himself, he justs asks and she says yes.
YZQ

Post by YZQ »

Tomate wrote: Yet is the only route where Hisao asks the lady out without making a ass of himself, he justs asks and she says yes.
Shizune is the only one of the five girls who actively wants to make friends. As Hisao managed not to get turned off by her strong will, she's more than happy to hang out together.

Coleman

Post by Coleman »

YZQ wrote:
Tomate wrote: Yet is the only route where Hisao asks the lady out without making a ass of himself, he justs asks and she says yes.
Shizune is the only one of the five girls who actively wants to make friends. As Hisao managed not to get turned off by her strong will, she's more than happy to hang out together.
I wish I could avoid getting turned off by her strong will. :( She isn't bad, I just prefer all the other routes. I do like that all the routes bring out different qualities in Hisao and improve him in some way. In a weird way I feel he is the best off after Shizune's route, with a clear plan for his career that is spelled out for the viewer. I choose to believe he ends up on the same career path in Lilly's route. :wink:
Preferences: 1-Lilly 2-Emi 3-Hanako 4-Rin 5-Shizune
Play Order: 1-Hanako 2-Shizune 3-Emi 4-Lilly 5-Rin
YZQ

Post by YZQ »

Coleman wrote:
YZQ wrote:
I wish I could avoid getting turned off by her strong will. :( She isn't bad, I just prefer all the other routes. I do like that all the routes bring out different qualities in Hisao and improve him in some way. In a weird way I feel he is the best off after Shizune's route, with a clear plan for his career that is spelled out for the viewer. I choose to believe he ends up on the same career path in Lilly's route. :wink:
Shizune actually wants help in toning down the pitfalls of her stubbornness. She knows that she's not doing some things correctly, but she just doesn't know how to go about correcting them.

Tomate

Post by Tomate »

Am i the only one that likes Shizune's personality?
YZQ

Post by YZQ »

Tomate wrote:Am i the only one that likes Shizune's personality?
I appreciate her tenacity, but her stubbornness has led to some issues, which she also acknowledges. If it's toned down a bit, she can be a more steely version of the Yamato Nadeshiko.

Tomate

Post by Tomate »

YZQ wrote:
Tomate wrote:Am i the only one that likes Shizune's personality?
I appreciate her tenacity, but her stubbornness has led to some issues, which she also acknowledges. If it's toned down a bit, she can be a more steely version of the Yamato Nadeshiko.