The morality of the girls!

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Katie

The morality of the girls!

Post by Katie »

Which character alignment do the following characters fit into???!!!!!

Hisao:
Hanako:
Rin:
Emi:
Lilly:
Shizune:
Misha:
Old Librarian:
Nomiya:
Sae:
Maeko:
Akira:
Mutou:
Hideaki:
Jigoro:
Fiandra

Re: The morality of the girls!

Post by Fiandra »

Who's Maeko ? :P

Hisao is evil of course
@Ygdrasel wrote:All's fair in poop and war.
-Insert favorite KS girls here-
teh twitter
teh steem
Katie

Post by Katie »

Fiandra wrote:Who's Maeko ? :P

Hisao is evil of course
I'm thinking of Emi's mother, but I knew the name didn't sound right... ^^;
Kitsune Spirit

Post by Kitsune Spirit »

Why do you have the male characters listed considering the title of the thread? xD

Hanako: Chaotic good
Rin: True Neutral
Emi: Chaotic Good
Lilly: Lawful Good
Shizune: Neutral Good
Misha: Chaotic Good
Akira: Chaotic Neutral

*shrug*
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

Following Wikipedia's descriptions of the alignments:

Hisao: Chaotic Good (the 'chaotic' aspect largely a result of being player-controlled)
Hanako: Lawful Good
Rin: Chaotic Neutral
Emi: Neutral Good
Lilly: Lawful Good
Shizune: Lawful Neutral
Misha: Neutral Good
Yuuko: Lawful Neutral
Nomiya: True Neutral with hints of Neutral Evil after his outburst in Rin's route.
Sae: True Neutral
Meiko: Neutral Good
Akira: Neutral Good
Mutou: Lawful Good
Hideaki: Lawful Neutral
Jigoro: Lawful Neutral
Kenji: Chaotic Good

Iwanako and Othello: Chaotic Evil
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
<KeiichiO>: "That's a beautiful response to chocolate."
ProfAllister

Post by ProfAllister »

And here I was hoping for an actual philosophical discussion of morality and ethics...

Pretty sure there was a similar discussion some months ago... Yup. Here. I posted there, but want to see how my opinion has changed since then.

First, to define my terms:

Alignment is a representation of one's core beliefs. They can act in opposition to those core beliefs, but doing so comes with internal conflict and regret.
Lawful<->Chaotic spectrum reflects the individual's respect for the law, including social mores and similar social constructs.
Good<->Evil spectrum uses loaded terms that aren't really representative of what they're going for. Most replacement words are similarly weighted (such as Altruistic<->Selfish). "Good" is directed toward the greater good. The sacrifice of the one for the sake of the many is desirable. "Needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few" and all that. "Evil" sees the world as a zero-sum game, and they're not going to be a loser. If one person is profiting, another person is losing. "When you're at the poker table, and you can't tell who the sucker is, it's you."

Now, down the list...

Hisao: Pretty straight-laced by the book Lawful Good. Maybe Neutral Good, maybe Lawful Neutral.
Hanako: Lawful Evil
Lilly: Lawful Evil
Shizune: Neutral Good
Misha: Chaotic Good
Old Librarian: ... Who? True Neutral.
Nomiya: Lawful Good
Akira: Chaotic Evil
Mutou: Neutral Good
Hideaki: Neutral Evil
Jigoro: Lawful Evil (Perhaps Lawful Neutral or Lawful Good)
Current Project: Misha Pseudo-Route

Discord ID: ProfAllister#9754
Discord server
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

ProfAllister wrote:Old Librarian: ... Who?
Yuuko. Not really that old, actually... :lol:
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
Oddball

Post by Oddball »

Xanatos wrote:
The game does mention an older librarian that works in the library when Yuuko isn't there, but we never find anything out abou8t her.
Not Dead Yet
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

Oddball wrote:
Xanatos wrote:
The game does mention an older librarian that works in the library when Yuuko isn't there, but we never find anything out abou8t her.
So the OP included some basically non-existent mystery librarian and no Kenji? :lol:
Nekken

Post by Nekken »

I'm of the opinion that Hisao starts out Neutral (if a bit dickish) but changes over the course of the routes, so for the dateable characters I'll also list where I believe Hisao shifts during their routes. Experienced players know why I am also doing this for Misha and Kenji.

I am also of the opinion that Kenji is too divorced from reality to have a meaningful alignment: not even Neutral.

Emi: Chaotic Evil, Hisao shifts to Neutral Good
Hanako: Neutral, Hisao shifts to Lawful Good
Lilly: Lawful Good, Hisao shifts to Chaotic Good
Rin: Neutral, Hisao remains Neutral
Shizune: Lawful Neutral, Hisao shifts to Lawful Neutral
Kenji: No meaningful alignment, Hisao remains Neutral
Misha: Chaotic Neutral, Hisao shifts to Lawful Good (though by the time he does it's too late)

Hideaki: Neutral
Jigoro: Lawful Evil
Mutou: Neutral Good
Nomiya: Neutral Evil
The Nurse: Neutral Good
Sae: Neutral
Yuuko: Lawful Good (Lawful Neurotic is more like it)
Falling in love is a volcano. Being in love is a kotatsu.
udscbt

Post by udscbt »

I haven't finished Lilly's route nor started Shizune's (and it's been four weeks since I started Lilly's route! I should play more often), so take that into account.
Hanako: Neutral Evil
Lilly: Neutral Good
Shizune: Lawful (I'm not really sure about the alignment, she indeed thinks a lot about herself and likes to turn the rules at her own advantage, but she is the Council President because she really wants the good of everybody, so I don't really know: I'll go with Not Too Bad Dictator)
Misha: True Neutral
Yuuko: Neutral Good
Nomiya: True Neutral (was thinking about Evil for you-know-what, but I think he simply overreacted a bit thinking about all that he had done to get Rin an exhibition, he's not a bad person)
Mutou: Lawful Good
Hideaki: don't know enough
Jigoro: haven't seen him yet
Nurse: Neutral Good
Miki: True Neutral
Kenji: the Dungeon Master doesn't need an alignment

PS: of course there aren't any "Bad" character in KS, I used a definition very similar to ProfAllister's because I think it's the best for this situation.
Dream

Post by Dream »

First i should probably define my terms:

"Lawful" is basically order and temperance to me. Of course not necessarily an specific, written law, but rather how much and often the character abides to his own logos or philosophy/rulebook for the world. Going from that, "Chaotic" would be someone who is driven more by impulses and desires rather than any set and conscious modus operandi.

"Good", like ProfAllister said, is kind of a loaded word but there doesn't seem to be a better replacement... I would define it as how kind and nice that person is. If they care much about others, have lots of empathy, and generally try to make people happy, help them with their problems, or just generally trying to get people to be ok and get along, then they belong in the "Good" alignment. Going from that, a person with a "Bad" alignment would be someone cruel or unempathic. Someone who holds more to his ideals than how they could damage people and doesn't care much about the pain and/or feelings of those he considers wicked or weak.

Hisao: Most generally Lawful good, although sometimes gets to be neutral or chaotic good. True Neutral/Neutral Lawful when he's at his most deppressed. Generally Lawful evil in the bad endings and neutral endings i have seen about now, with one exception that makes him chaotic evil (Rin's neutral ending).
Lilly: Lawful Good (Still haven't played her route)
Shizune: Lawful or Chaotic good, might sometimes come accross as Lawful evil. (Still haven't played her route)
Rin: Chaotic Neutral, might be Chaotic Good as well.
Emi: Chaotic or Neutral Good, might be Chaotic Evil in some cirscumtances.
Misha: Chaotic or Neutral Good. (Still haven't played her route)
Hanako: Lawful or Neutral Good, might come accross as Lawful Neutral or True Neutral too.
Mutou: Lawful Neutral or Lawful Good.
Nurse: Chaotic Good or Neutral Good.
Sae: Neutral Good or Bad, leans a bit into Chaotic.
Meiko: Neutral Good.
Kenji: Chaotic Neutral or Good, might turn to bad depending on how his delusions develop.
Nomiya: Lawful or Neutral Evil, maybe Neutral.
Akira: Lawful or Neutral Good, maybe True Neutral (Still haven't played her route)
Yuuko: Lawful Good, maybe Neutral Good.
"It is not reason, more or less furnished, but will that makes the world march"

"Unfortunately, if you can think of something really stupid, someone out there probably believes it." -Xanatos
griffon8

Post by griffon8 »

I think since there is so much variance as to what each person's specific alignment is, it would be more entertaining to fill in an alignment chart with different scenes for each character. So we find an example for each alignment for each character. I've seen ones like that for Batman and Superman.

After all, in real life, nobody is just one alignment all the time.
I found out about Katawa Shoujo through the forums of Misfile. There, I am the editor of Misfiled Dreams.

Completed: 100%, including bonus picture. Shizune>Emi>Lilly>Hanako>Rin

Griffon8's Writing
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

griffon8 wrote:I think since there is so much variance as to what each person's specific alignment is, it would be more entertaining to fill in an alignment chart with different scenes for each character. So we find an example for each alignment for each character. I've seen ones like that for Batman and Superman.

After all, in real life, nobody is just one alignment all the time.
Not true. Tax collectors are always evil. :P
YZQ

Post by YZQ »

I'll put Rin, Emi and Hanako under Chaotic. Rin is Rin, Emi has different behaviour depending on how close you want to get to her, and Hanako has a mixed signal reception.
"Nothing is beneath man. Everything is permitted."

"...since love and fear can hardly exist together, if we must choose between them, it is far safer to be feared than loved. However, it is important above all to avoid being hated."