Miki and Taro: Rat Race

WORDS WORDS WORDS

Helbereth

Re: Miki and Taro: Rat Race

Post by Helbereth »

DanjaDoom wrote:
Hoitash wrote:I dunno, this sounds like a conspiracy on the part of the feminists of Yamaku to undermine the male population through biochemical warfare.
Finally, someone got it right.
I believe this particular form would fall under the category of biological, rather than biochemical warfare, but that point is probably moot.
Silentcook
Carelessly Cooking You

Post by Silentcook »

DanjaDoom wrote:tutee
I'll be fucked, that really is a word. English confirms itself once again as the master of playing fast and loose. :shock:
DanjaDoom wrote:I figured, if periods on average last about five days a week, with four weeks in a month, a decent number of girls would get it simultaneously.
The hopefully involuntary implications of this are both laughable and terrifying. :lol:
Shattering your dreams since '94. I also fought COVID in '20 and '21, and all I got was this lousy forum sig.

Helbereth

Post by Helbereth »

Silentcook wrote:
DanjaDoom wrote:I figured, if periods on average last about five days a week, with four weeks in a month, a decent number of girls would get it simultaneously.
The hopefully involuntary implications of this are both laughable and terrifying. :lol:
It's such a glorious mistake, though. Were it the case, I'm sure the human race would have run out of steam in its first lap.
Steinherz

Post by Steinherz »

DanjaDoom wrote:Well, cramps was probably the safest bet I could go for without taking this fic down a very bloody path.
Badum-tss :lol:
I write take a look, would you kindly?
I also draw, kind of.
KeiichiO wrote:You shall now, and forever be known as, "Steinherz, The Great".
Oddball wrote:It's an obvious mistake. Both are disfigured orphans that read alot and both wear green skirts.
ProfAllister

Post by ProfAllister »

Mirage_GSM wrote:
“Haven’t you noticed that a lot of the girls around here have been looking a bit off these past few days?” I ask him.
So... All the girls at Yamaku get their period around the same time? I've heard about girls "synching" their roommates, but that's a bit... excessive. (Though Shizune might just be domineering enough to do it) :lol:
Maybe better change to "from time to time"
A hardly touched topic given some spotlight.
I don't think it's that bad for every girl. My GF never had any cramps at all.
The mood swings were pretty severe, though.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Menstrual_synchrony

As far as official studies go, it's gone back and forth, with a leaning toward the negative.

That being said, there is all sorts of anecdotal evidence in favor, and, like so many other studies, fragmented and incomplete versions of the findings become urban legends.

So we don't need it to be a fact that every girl in Yamaku hits their period at the same time - we just need Miki to believe it. With the number of girls on campus and the (relative) frequency of menstruation, you have something like a super Birthday Paradox (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Birthday_problem) to "confirm" this.

As far as the side effects go, it's true that some get bad cramps, some get moody, or all sorts of other unpleasantness. While there is some variation, of course, I would strongly advise against describing a girl's experiences as "not that bad." It doesn't matter what you mean when you say something like that - those words are suicide.
Current Project: Misha Pseudo-Route

Discord ID: ProfAllister#9754
Discord server
Mirage_GSM

Post by Mirage_GSM »

I would strongly advise against describing a girl's experiences as "not that bad." It doesn't matter what you mean when you say something like that - those words are suicide.
I didn't. I said that it's "not that bad for every girl." (note the emphasis)
That means there are girls who don't have problems as bad ad Miki seems to have in this story, which is a fact.
I didn't presume to make any statement regarding the number of girls who do get cramps nor about their* average severity.
*the cramps'

And the thing about Shizune synchronizing the whole of Yamaku was a joke^^°
Emi > Misha > Hanako > Lilly > Rin > Shizune

My collected KS-Fan Fictions: Mirage's Myths
griffon8 wrote:Kosher, just because sex is your answer to everything doesn't mean that sex is the answer to everything.
Sore wa himitsu desu.
DanjaDoom

Post by DanjaDoom »

Steinherz wrote:
DanjaDoom wrote:Well, cramps was probably the safest bet I could go for without taking this fic down a very bloody path.
Badum-tss :lol:
Ha Haa!
My fine literary endeavors: Real, M&M, Rat Race, and Hideaki: A Tale of Manliness. Feel free to stroke my ego and read them.

We must embrace pain and burn it as fuel for our journey-Sanic
DanjaDoom

Post by DanjaDoom »

Helbereth wrote:
Silentcook wrote:
It's such a glorious mistake, though. Were it the case, I'm sure the human race would have run out of steam in its first lap.
Wording is not my friend...
My fine literary endeavors: Real, M&M, Rat Race, and Hideaki: A Tale of Manliness. Feel free to stroke my ego and read them.

Helbereth

Post by Helbereth »

DanjaDoom wrote:
Helbereth wrote:
Silentcook wrote:The hopefully involuntary implications of this are both laughable and terrifying. :lol:
Wording is not my friend...
On that note, has anyone noticed my propensity for using track related jargon in my posts since the most recent chapter? It's sort of a running gag...
DanjaDoom

Post by DanjaDoom »

Helbereth wrote:On that note, has anyone noticed my propensity for using track related jargon in my posts since the most recent chapter? It's sort of a running gag...
I'm doing my damnedest to catch up on TD, so hopefully I'll notice fairly soon.

Helbereth

Post by Helbereth »

DanjaDoom wrote:
Helbereth wrote:On that note, has anyone noticed my propensity for using track related jargon in my posts since the most recent chapter? It's sort of a running gag...
I was talking about after your latest chapter, actually... Because Miki.
DanjaDoom

Post by DanjaDoom »

Helbereth wrote:
DanjaDoom wrote:
I was talking about after your latest chapter, actually... Because Miki.
Ah... well. There's my ride!

*back flips into car*