Significance of the Act 2 Openings (Spoilers)

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

lukesrp

Re: Significance of the Act 2 Openings (Spoilers)

Post by lukesrp »

Ruined wrote:Exactly why I'm not even going to try finishing it with 100%, I appreciate their amazing work however.

But Hanako... How she says: I hate you and I hate Lilly!! Breaks my heart man, I wish I could unsee it.
It is a heartbreaking and un-fulfilling ending to say the least. But it is a very realistic prospect. This is how Guest Poster really explained it to me.
Guest Poster wrote:KS is rather unique in that Hanako views those white knighting tendencies the way a real person would view them...as belittling. If you haven't done so yet, I strongly urge you to also watch Hanako's bad ending, where Hisao instead of curbing his protective tendencies allows them to spin outside of control. It's a soul-crushing, but very powerful ending and without wanting to give too much away
So it is heartbreaking, but everybody should still see it to see the two extremes of how her relationship can end or thrive as it does add to the feel of the game, also it does honestly reflect onto real life. Trying to help "broken" people when they don't see themselves as neither "broken" nor needing help will only push them further away.
Hanako>>>Lilly>>>Emi>>>Shizune>>>Rin

Did someone say Chrono Trigger?

"The Characters resonate with you because you recognize your flaws and desires and triumphs and victories, and those of the loved ones you know and care about. You want to make them happy, because you want them to be happy, because you know and are them, and In some way you believe everyone you love deserves to be happy"
udscbt

Post by udscbt »

yummines wrote:On a sidenote my fav opening song is "Jitter"
Talking about Jitter, am I the only one that feels a chill down the spine while listening to it? All the other cinematics soundtracks have no effect to me, but when I hear Jitter I paralize for a moment and see the full cinematic in my head.
lukesrp

Post by lukesrp »

udscbt wrote:
Talking about Jitter, am I the only one that feels a chill down the spine while listening to it? All the other cinematics soundtracks have no effect to me, but when I hear Jitter I paralize for a moment and see the full cinematic in my head.
For me it's Breathlessly and Innocence. They are both played towards the end of Hanko's arc and it always makes me think back to my emotions at the time. I think it's good the the music can have such an effect on me that whenever I hear it I instantly get some "feels" back.

Actually to be fair, whenever I hear a slow piano track from KS It remind's me of all the things that have happened in not only Hanako's arc but all the other's too. Bringing back all my emotion and trains-of-thought at the time. Once again, I still really think this is a good thing as it makes me feel motivated.

If at one point in my life, I can hear that music and not feel bad or have any "feels". I know I will truly have peace of mind.

"The Characters resonate with you because you recognize your flaws and desires and triumphs and victories, and those of the loved ones you know and care about. You want to make them happy, because you want them to be happy, because you know and are them, and In some way you believe everyone you love deserves to be happy"
Fiandra

Post by Fiandra »

lukesrp wrote:
udscbt wrote:
For me it's Breathlessly and Innocence. They are both played towards the end of Hanko's arc and it always makes me think back to my emotions at the time. I think it's good the the music can have such an effect on me that whenever I hear it I instantly get some "feels" back.
For me it's Lullaby of Open Eyes, Comfort, and Innocence. Those feels...
@Ygdrasel wrote:All's fair in poop and war.
-Insert favorite KS girls here-
teh twitter
teh steem
lukesrp

Post by lukesrp »

Fiandra wrote:For me it's Lullaby of Open Eyes, Comfort, and Innocence. Those feels...
Hey, feels aren't a bad thing though. Just means that you see a part of yourself that you want to improve in KS. On a side-note, has anyone made any not-so-drastic changes to their life?

For example I now drink tea twice a day.

Fiandra

Post by Fiandra »

lukesrp wrote:
Fiandra wrote:For me it's Lullaby of Open Eyes, Comfort, and Innocence. Those feels...
Hey, feels aren't a bad thing though. Just means that you see a part of yourself that you want to improve in KS. On a side-note, has anyone made any not-so-drastic changes to their life?

I didn't say those feels are a bad thing :P just made me re-think some things I have done in life and stuff :D
@Ygdrasel wrote:All's fair in poop and war.
-Insert favorite KS girls here-
teh twitter
teh steem
lukesrp

Post by lukesrp »

Fiandra wrote:
lukesrp wrote:

I didn't say those feels are a bad thing :P just made me re-think some things I have done in life and stuff :D
Neither did I, I think the "feels" you get from the game is the best part. I know I have never played anything else which has made me think as much about my day to day life than this.

Ruined

Post by Ruined »

The good thing is that after playing the game, I've picked up quite some good habits (some are quite personal and I ain't even gonna talk about it here). The bad thing is that I became depressed and thought what have I done for the last half of my life. You could actually say this one game, have changed my life.
Lilly because of her healthy adolescent sex drive.
Oddball

Post by Oddball »

Almost all the scenes from the openings appear to either actually show what happens or symbolically represent what's going on, but there's one I just never quite get.

The scene where Hisao lifts Emi up to get the apple. I can't think of anything in her route that even comes close to Hisao helping her get an apple.

Lemon, yes, but no apple. :twisted:
Not Dead Yet
Steinherz

Post by Steinherz »

Oddball wrote:Almost all the scenes from the openings appear to either actually show what happens or symbolically represent what's going on, but there's one I just never quite get.

The scene where Hisao lifts Emi up to get the apple. I can't think of anything in her route that even comes close to Hisao helping her get an apple.

I think it's supposed to be symbolic of them helping each other to grow as a person?
I write take a look, would you kindly?
I also draw, kind of.
KeiichiO wrote:You shall now, and forever be known as, "Steinherz, The Great".
Oddball wrote:It's an obvious mistake. Both are disfigured orphans that read alot and both wear green skirts.
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

Steinherz wrote:
Oddball wrote:Almost all the scenes from the openings appear to either actually show what happens or symbolically represent what's going on, but there's one I just never quite get.

I think it's supposed to be symbolic of them helping each other to grow as a person?
Oh, she definitely helped Hisao "grow", if you know what I mean... :lol:
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
<KeiichiO>: "That's a beautiful response to chocolate."
Steinherz

Post by Steinherz »

Xanatos wrote:
Steinherz wrote:

Oh, she definitely helped Hisao "grow", if you know what I mean... :lol:
that's not the point. And I wasn't trying to make something that could be taken the wrong way.
I also draw, kind of.
Oddball wrote:It's an obvious mistake. Both are disfigured orphans that read alot and both wear green skirts.
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

Steinherz wrote:I wasn't trying to make something that could be taken the wrong way.
Hello and welcome to the internet.

:lol: If it helps, you're probably right about it.
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
<KeiichiO>: "That's a beautiful response to chocolate."
Dream

Post by Dream »

Personally, i always saw that scene (Emi getting the apple) as a sort of comeback or response to the prior scene, where Emi is helping Hisao.

But the idea of that scene being a symbolism for how they help each other group is pretty tight too.
"It is not reason, more or less furnished, but will that makes the world march"

"Unfortunately, if you can think of something really stupid, someone out there probably believes it." -Xanatos
Steinherz

Post by Steinherz »

Dream wrote:Personally, i always saw that scene (Emi getting the apple) as a sort of comeback or response to the prior scene, where Emi is helping Hisao.

But the idea of that scene being a symbolism for how they help each other group is pretty tight too.
That's what I meant to say.
They were helping each other, not sure where the "grow" part came from
I also draw, kind of.