Locations?

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Kutagh

Re: Real locations.

Post by Kutagh »

http://ks.renai.us/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=7264
http://ks.renai.us/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=6962

And feel free to use the search function yourself for similar topics.
Steinherz

Post by Steinherz »

Raincollie wrote:Greetings readers, developers, feelers and perverts alike. I'd like to ask a question regarding the background artwork for the game / novel.
I think I've heard somewhere before that the backgrounds are actually real locations, captured by camera, and then paint-ified.
Is this true? If so, does anyone know about any of those locations? I'll be most grateful to gain some information in the matter, as I'm assuming the devs won't have time to answer this personally.
Thanks in advance. :)

-Holland.
Yamaku high School is more commonly known as Brown University.
The rest of the locations I do not know
I write take a look, would you kindly?
I also draw, kind of.
KeiichiO wrote:You shall now, and forever be known as, "Steinherz, The Great".
Oddball wrote:It's an obvious mistake. Both are disfigured orphans that read alot and both wear green skirts.
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

Raincollie wrote:Greetings readers, developers, feelers and perverts alike. I'd like to ask a question regarding the background artwork for the game / novel.
I think I've heard somewhere before that the backgrounds are actually real locations, captured by camera, and then paint-ified.
Is this true? If so, does anyone know about any of those locations? I'll be most grateful to gain some information in the matter, as I'm assuming the devs won't have time to answer this personally.

-Holland.
Yamaku is Brown University.

And I think some of the city locales are Sendai.
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
<KeiichiO>: "That's a beautiful response to chocolate."
Steinherz

Post by Steinherz »

Xanatos wrote:

-Holland.

So THAT'S why I recognized that picture.
I've been to Andrews Hall at BRU once. Big place.
I also draw, kind of.
Oddball wrote:It's an obvious mistake. Both are disfigured orphans that read alot and both wear green skirts.
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

Steinherz wrote:
Xanatos wrote:

-Holland.

I wonder if any Brown attendees are KS fans...I imagine some random guy becomes a local celebrity for having Hisao's dorm. :lol:
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
Steinherz

Post by Steinherz »

Xanatos wrote:
Steinherz wrote:
Xanatos wrote: Yamaku is Brown University.

I wonder if any Brown attendees are KS fans...I imagine some random guy becomes a local celebrity for having Hisao's dorm. :lol:
It'd probably be damn hilarious. Especially since I could immediately tell Yamaku was Brown once I was told it was an edited photo of a real place. I was like "It's Brown. there is no way it's not"
I also draw, kind of.
Raincollie

Post by Raincollie »

Xanatos wrote: I wonder if any Brown attendees are KS fans...I imagine some random guy becomes a local celebrity for having Hisao's dorm. :lol:
Actually, I did some research about BRU's layout, and the internal boys dorms picture is actually one of the hallways of the administrative offices of the campus, if that's what you meant. However, if the actual photos of inside the rooms are from the campus as well, then he'd be pretty lucky.
Dream

Post by Dream »

Didn't a guy who was actually a Brown university student register here and talked about some stuff regarding the university, what it was like, and the similarities/parallels with KS?

Also, i'm pretty sure the Devs talked about the photos, locations and etc. in the past.
"It is not reason, more or less furnished, but will that makes the world march"

"Unfortunately, if you can think of something really stupid, someone out there probably believes it." -Xanatos
Megumeru

Re: Locations?

Post by Megumeru »

Aside from Yamaku high itself, the other photos are taken in Sendai.

Sendai is part of Tokyo. Make a stop at Ueno or Kawaguchi and find them :p
They say they hate Shizune? What is this? BLASPHEMY!

SHII-HAEL!
Shizune>Rin>Emi>Hanako>Lilly
"A writer is a light that reveals the world of his story from darkness. Shapes it from nothingness. If the writer stops, the world dies with it." - Alan Wake
Yes, I write stories. Currently working on: The Haunting: A Love Story
Mirage_GSM

Post by Mirage_GSM »

Megumeru wrote:Sendai is part of Tokyo. Make a stop at Ueno or Kawaguchi and find them :p
No.
Sendai is more than 350km north of Tokyo.
Aura said some shots were taken in Ueno which IS a part of Tokyo, but he didn't specify which shots.
Emi > Misha > Hanako > Lilly > Rin > Shizune

My collected KS-Fan Fictions: Mirage's Myths
griffon8 wrote:Kosher, just because sex is your answer to everything doesn't mean that sex is the answer to everything.
Sore wa himitsu desu.
cpl_crud
Project Scapegoat

Post by cpl_crud »

There are a couple of other locations that are not so hard to find... kinda.

The hill leading from the school is one of two roads leading to Shirakawa-go. You may know it as Hinamizawa from Higurashi no Naku Koro Ni.

Other shots:
http://cplcrud.deviantart.com/gallery/10042427

The garden in the school (where the bench is) is a garden in Kyoto. I also have a photo of that bench with a could of my mates sitting on it. It would be a great retcon post to say "Hey, look, we found it!"
I would be hard-pressed to find that bench again.

There were a couple of other ones that I took but those are the two that stick in my head.
My Novel - Now available The Zemlya Conspiracy
Blog: http://cplcrud.WordPress.com

------
<Suriko> Crud would be patting Hanako's head
<Suriko> In a non-creepy fatherly way
<NicolArmarfi> crud is trying to dress hanako up like miku and attempting to get her to pose for him in headphones and he burns money
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

cpl_crud wrote:There are a couple of other locations that are not so hard to find... kinda.

The hill leading from the school is one of two roads leading to Shirakawa-go. You may know it as Hinamizawa from Higurashi no Naku Koro Ni.

Other shots:
http://cplcrud.deviantart.com/gallery/10042427

The garden in the school (where the bench is) is a garden in Kyoto. I also have a photo of that bench with a could of my mates sitting on it. It would be a great retcon post to say "Hey, look, we found it!"
I would be hard-pressed to find that bench again.

There were a couple of other ones that I took but those are the two that stick in my head.
...Welp. That's it. I quit. Goodbye forever, life.

STOP BEING IN GREAT PLACES WHILE I'M STUCK IN KENTUCKY! :C
cpl_crud
Project Scapegoat

Post by cpl_crud »

Xanatos wrote:

All it takes is some serious savings and you can go anywhere. You can do it!
My Novel - Now available The Zemlya Conspiracy
Blog: http://cplcrud.WordPress.com

------
<Suriko> Crud would be patting Hanako's head
<Suriko> In a non-creepy fatherly way
<NicolArmarfi> crud is trying to dress hanako up like miku and attempting to get her to pose for him in headphones and he burns money
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

cpl_crud wrote:
Xanatos wrote:

All it takes is some serious savings and you can go anywhere. You can do it!
I've never even had a job yet. :lol: But you're technically right.