A One-Shot Collection of... Elements? (revived 04/04/2013)

WORDS WORDS WORDS

BlackWaltzTheThird

Re: A One-Shot Collection of... Elements? (revived 04/04/201

Post by BlackWaltzTheThird »

I wouldn't say it ws "exceptionally" executed, but it was alright I guess. I did find the personality jumps to be a bit jarring. Perhaps if the stutter was more prominent in later passages, or if there was a bit more emphasis on her athleticism (say, by running back to the icy canopy after lunch), or so on, such that each facet of her hybrid personality is less encapsulated to a single passage, that would be closer to "exceptional". Also, if I hadn't seen the part of your annotation that mentioned you had no idea how to incorpoate Shizune into her personality, I'd have thought the part about not knowing where her goals lie might have fit the bill.

Oh, and the ending confused me at first. All I knew was that he was lying down and had been for a long time. In fact, even after being told it was all just a dream, I still felt somewhat confused (and quite irate, given the cliché). Some more clarity in that regard would be nice in future.
BlackWaltz's One-stop Oneshot Shop - my fanfiction portal topic. Contains links to all my previous works, plus starting now any new ones I may produce (or reproduce)! Please, check it out!

BlackWaltz's Pastebin - for those who prefer to read things with no formatting and stuff. It's mostly the same as in my thread. Also contains assorted other writing!
griffon8

Post by griffon8 »

Mirage_GSM wrote:I really didn't find a section where she sounded like Shizune ;-)
O I C WUT U DID THAR!
I found out about Katawa Shoujo through the forums of Misfile. There, I am the editor of Misfiled Dreams.

Completed: 100%, including bonus picture. Shizune>Emi>Lilly>Hanako>Rin

Griffon8's Writing
Bacon Elemental

Post by Bacon Elemental »

BlackWaltzTheThird wrote:I wouldn't say it ws "exceptionally" executed, but it was alright I guess. I did find the personality jumps to be a bit jarring. Perhaps if the stutter was more prominent in later passages, or if there was a bit more emphasis on her athleticism (say, by running back to the icy canopy after lunch), or so on, such that each facet of her hybrid personality is less encapsulated to a single passage, that would be closer to "exceptional". Also, if I hadn't seen the part of your annotation that mentioned you had no idea how to incorpoate Shizune into her personality, I'd have thought the part about not knowing where her goals lie might have fit the bill.

Oh, and the ending confused me at first. All I knew was that he was lying down and had been for a long time. In fact, even after being told it was all just a dream, I still felt somewhat confused (and quite irate, given the cliché). Some more clarity in that regard would be nice in future.
I have this habit of wanting to polish a few things before moving on to a new fic, so I'll see how I can make the transitions more... natural(?) and less one-message-defines-new-facet-y (it's pretty late here, so that will be for a bit later). Oh, and regarding the "goals in life," uh, well... I actually didn't notice (or intend) that it would fit the bill. So, I guess you found the incorporation for me :P

Clarity... I think the hard part here will be balancing out how clear the situations and the endings are without giving them away too easily. Thanks for the input. :)

You guys taking the time to read these, and helping out is very much appreciated :D
Comrade

Post by Comrade »

i only now realized you updated.. hopefully you are not done with writing, it wad really nice
Founder and cheif librarian ofThe Yamaku Library, A Fan Fiction Archive
Vice president of the Yamaku Book Club
Sea wrote:Comrade, as Khan Bek has convinced me to give Democracy a try.
"French are just Spanish Germans, therefore Mexicans."
An American, 2014