Is Hanako mentally unstable?

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Hisao&Hanako<3

Re: Is Hanako mentally unstable?

Post by Hisao&Hanako<3 »

Wow, this thread kind of just died. My main thought over the last few days was, Kenji isn't the one tormenting Hanako, so he isn't the target. The target would be people like that one guest over in the bully thread... A nice L96A1 bullet to the forehead for him/her. Then again I need to do nothing, because people like that always get what's coming to them.
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

Hisao&Hanako<3 wrote: I still don't want to read the dialogue for the bad ending, though. I may be looking too far into it, but I'm too attached to her to read it.
If you were really attached, you'd want to experience all facets of the character. You're only attached to her while things are good, it seems...
Hisao&Hanako<3 wrote:people like that always get what's coming to them.
Except when they don't...And they often don't. :lol:
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
<KeiichiO>: "That's a beautiful response to chocolate."
Hisao&Hanako<3

Post by Hisao&Hanako<3 »

That's not how it is at all. I have my reasons for not watching her bad end. Keep your opinions about it to yourself. Hey Doc, back me up lol
inquisitivenegro

Post by inquisitivenegro »

Hisao&Hanako<3 wrote:That's not how it is at all. I have my reasons for not watching her bad end. Keep your opinions about it to yourself. Hey Doc, back me up lol
You're telling someone to keep their opinions to themselves...
...on an online forum?
$50 says I live more South than all of you
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

Hisao&Hanako<3 wrote:Keep your opinions about it to yourself.
If that's your mindset, get off the internet. For that matter, cut all contact with any living human outside of yourself. :roll:

"I don't care what names people call me", yet you can't handle it when someone points out the obvious...
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
<KeiichiO>: "That's a beautiful response to chocolate."
Hisao&Hanako<3

Post by Hisao&Hanako<3 »

I said that in a bit of frustration. I've calmed down a bit now. No harm done.
ArazelEternal

Post by ArazelEternal »

Unstable? I wouldn't say so. More mentally/emotionally sensitive than others? Yes. Who wouldn't be after going through what she did? She just needs help from professionals and her peers like she gets in the game, and she will get better.

Lilly = Hanako, Emi, Rin, Shizune
I fell in love with Lilly and Hanako

You are not alone, and you are not strange. You are you, and everyone has damage. Be your Emiest.
ArazelEternal

Post by ArazelEternal »

[quote="Hisao&Hanako<3"
Now that you say it that way, it all makes sense. I still don't want to read the dialogue for the bad ending, though. I may be looking too far into it, but I'm too attached to her to read it. She's just too precious. I don't care what names people call me. :lol:[/quote]
I felt the same way about it. The reason I never went for her, or any other girls bad ending intentionally is I got really attached to all of them. To me going for the bad ending in the game was just like purposely being an asshole to someone in rl just to see how much you can hurt then and get them to react. I know none of them are real, and never will be. I'm not that far gone. Still, they seemed real to me, and that was enough to want to keep from hurting them.

My first playthough I got Emi's bad ending making the same choices I think I would have been likely to make in rl. It bothered me so much that I got maybe 2 hours of sleep that night, no joke. From then on I used the walkthroughs available so I would only get good endings.

Lilly = Hanako, Emi, Rin, Shizune
I fell in love with Lilly and Hanako

You are not alone, and you are not strange. You are you, and everyone has damage. Be your Emiest.
udscbt

Post by udscbt »

I luckily never got a bad ending in a first try (yet), but I always did them after the good ending. I know it's hard, I know it hurts, I know it can make you feel guilty, but if you think about it you shouldn't worry about it: that is what you have NOT done, you just look at "what would have happened if I didn't choose what I chose?" and be happy of your choices. I think that doing the bad endings is as important as doing the good ones because they make you understand better the girls (in real life, Hisao would get to know the girls (almost) perfectly after the end of Act 4, but we don't know what happens in that time) and you can better appreciate the good ending if you have seen the bad ones too (sometimes only by trying the bad ending you can really understand WHY you got the good ending and Hanako is one of those).

Returning IT, I think Hanako is neither mentally nor emotionally unstable, she's only really shy and afraid of what people think about her. As she say in her route, in the past she had no problem being alone, the real problems started when someone (Lilly and Hisao) showed interest in being her friend.
The scene that probably makes someone wonder if she is emotionally unstable is the panick attack in the classroom. I think that in that case the problem was that she was trying to elaborate the information and couldn't get to a conclusion, she wasn't ready for that and was trying to figure out what it meant: were Lilly and Hisao really her friends or they acted like that out of pity? In that scene she didn't "broke", she was just thinking about what she just heard and was frustated that she couldn't come to a conclusion. If I remember correctly, at first Hisao misunderstand the shock for the usual concentration that Hanako shows during lectures.
Of course this is my opinion, this is what a forum is for :)
Guest Poster

Post by Guest Poster »

Returning IT, I think Hanako is neither mentally nor emotionally unstable, she's only really shy and afraid of what people think about her. As she say in her route, in the past she had no problem being alone, the real problems started when someone (Lilly and Hisao) showed interest in being her friend.
That in itself shows there is a problem, just a latent one that's waiting to pop back up.
The scene that probably makes someone wonder if she is emotionally unstable is the panick attack in the classroom. I think that in that case the problem was that she was trying to elaborate the information and couldn't get to a conclusion, she wasn't ready for that and was trying to figure out what it meant: were Lilly and Hisao really her friends or they acted like that out of pity? In that scene she didn't "broke", she was just thinking about what she just heard and was frustated that she couldn't come to a conclusion. If I remember correctly, at first Hisao misunderstand the shock for the usual concentration that Hanako shows during lectures.
Are you saying she wasn't really panicking but simply thinking really hard? Because that didn't seem to be the case. Hanako really did break down in class and what she experienced, whatever exactly it was that triggered it, was a very frightening thing.
Sisterhood: True Edition. Hanako epilogue I wrote. Now expanded with additional chapters.
Dr. Casey

Post by Dr. Casey »

ArazelEternal wrote:It bothered me so much that I got maybe 2 hours of sleep that night, no joke.
Aww... delicate Hanabros can be so cute sometimes.

I think Hanako could be classified as emotionally unstable somewhat. There are degrees of emotional instability, the term doesn't automatically mean 'dangerous' or 'completely batshit insane' (which I think some posters are equating 'emotionally unstable' with), after all... she's considerably damaged and her emotional balance is on much thinner ice than it would be if she'd never gone through her traumas. Someone whose past traumas causes them to be a major mood swinger fits the definition for emotionally unstable, I think.
Steinherz

Post by Steinherz »

Dr. Casey wrote: I think Hanako could be classified as emotionally unstable somewhat. There are degrees of emotional instability, the term doesn't automatically mean 'dangerous' or 'completely batshit insane' (which I think some posters are equating 'emotionally unstable' with), after all... she's considerably damaged and her emotional balance is on much thinner ice than it would be if she'd never gone through her traumas. Someone whose past traumas causes them to be a major mood swinger fits the definition for emotionally unstable, I think.
I think you basically hit the nail on the head. She is emotionally unstable, but not dangerous.
Kenji on the other hand is absolutely batshit insane XD
I write take a look, would you kindly?
I also draw, kind of.
KeiichiO wrote:You shall now, and forever be known as, "Steinherz, The Great".
Oddball wrote:It's an obvious mistake. Both are disfigured orphans that read alot and both wear green skirts.