Thoughts on the H-scenes?

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

StudyOfWumbology

Re: Thoughts on the H-scenes?

Post by StudyOfWumbology »

Xanatos wrote:
Why should they have started dating before it? What benefit would that serve to the story? And all the first scenes pretty much come from nowhere. Nobody expected to dry hump Emi, get tied up and nailed by Shizune, catch Rin playing with herself...
Lilly.
Things happen. For the best or for the worst we do not know.
Umber

Post by Umber »

ArcCain wrote:
Umber wrote:But I agree. Emi's sex scenes aren't that important. The only ones that are, in my opinion, are Rin's first and Hanako's.
I think Rin´s first comes out of nowhere and should have been changed or they should have started dating before it. I think that when Hisau ended up in that position he should have acted differently, this could have been what draw them together but Rin as a character dose not change, she dose not want to change and that is the point of her story. She sort of changes for Hisao but it takes to long.
Rin's is sudden, but it makes sense in context, considering her reasoning behind it and how it plays through the story. And Rin doesn't seem like the person to use and/or agree with the term 'date'.

And you could say a lot of things about what Hisao should've done. But Hisao is...well, I can't think of a name/trope for him, right now.
-An occasional art thread.
pig dissections and cadaver examinations.
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

StudyOfWumbology wrote:
Xanatos wrote:
Why should they have started dating before it? What benefit would that serve to the story? And all the first scenes pretty much come from nowhere. Nobody expected to dry hump Emi, get tied up and nailed by Shizune, catch Rin playing with herself...
Lilly.
Haven't seen you around lately...And I don't get what you're trying to say here. :lol:
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
<KeiichiO>: "That's a beautiful response to chocolate."
SpecimenSix

Post by SpecimenSix »

Umber wrote:
ArcCain wrote:
Umber wrote:But I agree. Emi's sex scenes aren't that important. The only ones that are, in my opinion, are Rin's first and Hanako's.
I think Rin´s first comes out of nowhere and should have been changed or they should have started dating before it. I think that when Hisau ended up in that position he should have acted differently, this could have been what draw them together but Rin as a character dose not change, she dose not want to change and that is the point of her story. She sort of changes for Hisao but it takes to long.
Rin's is sudden, but it makes sense in context, considering her reasoning behind it and how it plays through the story. And Rin doesn't seem like the person to use and/or agree with the term 'date'.

And you could say a lot of things about what Hisao should've done. But Hisao is...well, I can't think of a name/trope for him, right now.
I thought it was generally accepted that Hisao holds the idiot ball. There's plenty of situations where he should've used common sense and acted differently, but then again that's just him as a character. It's easy to say what he should've done in hindsight, but completely different to actually be in his shoes in any of the situations and have to make a decision on the fly. That said he is still an idiot though. :lol:

And I agree with you there. I wouldn't even consider Rin and Hisao to be "dating" by the second scene, but that one was still important. I have a hard time seeing Rin be in a normal relationship.
I am bad, and that's good. I will never be good, and that's not bad. There is no one I would rather be than me.
StudyOfWumbology

Xanatos wrote:
StudyOfWumbology wrote:
Xanatos wrote:
Lilly.
Haven't seen you around lately...And I don't get what you're trying to say here. :lol:
You expected the H-Scene for Lilly. Oh and, I have been dead for the past month.
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

StudyOfWumbology wrote:You expected the H-Scene for Lilly. Oh and, I have been dead for the past month.
Shit, man. I've had so much great Misha stuff for you and you haven't been around to enjoy it. :lol: Welcome back. :P

And yeah, Lilly's was pretty obvious...
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
StudyOfWumbology

Xanatos wrote:
StudyOfWumbology wrote:You expected the H-Scene for Lilly. Oh and, I have been dead for the past month.
Shit, man. I've had so much great Misha stuff for you and you haven't been around to enjoy it. :lol: Welcome back. :P

Misha. Stuff. What Misha stuff? Oh yeah, and thanks for the welcome back party. Woo.
pandaphil

Post by pandaphil »

StudyOfWumbology wrote:
Xanatos wrote:

Misha. Stuff. What Misha stuff? Oh yeah, and thanks for the welcome back party. Woo.

Awww welcome back man. Parfait's are on me!
"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things. But vice versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things or make them unimportant." ~ The Doctor.
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

StudyOfWumbology wrote:Oh yeah, and thanks for the welcome back party. Woo.
I read this as if it was said by Deadpan Rin.
StudyOfWumbology

pandaphil wrote: Awww welcome back man. Parfait's are on me!
I feel so welcome. Like everyone now loves Misha. She's mine so don't think about it. :3
muliebrity

Post by muliebrity »

Umber wrote:Rin's is sudden, but it makes sense in context, considering her reasoning behind it and how it plays through the story.
Plus, I thought the first scene was really emotive. Can you imagine the frustration of living as a teenager without arms? I'm sure a lot of people thought it was goofy, but I really felt for Rin at that moment.
<Xanatos>: Most certainly, matriarch appreciator.
My hobby: taking Xan quotes out of context.
Unorthodox KS Fanart
I loved every minute of KS, every route.
Umber

Post by Umber »

muliebrity wrote:
Umber wrote:Rin's is sudden, but it makes sense in context, considering her reasoning behind it and how it plays through the story.
Plus, I thought the first scene was really emotive. Can you imagine the frustration of living as a teenager without arms Rin?
FTFY.
-An occasional art thread.
pig dissections and cadaver examinations.
ArcCain

Post by ArcCain »

Xanatos wrote: Why should they have started dating before it? What benefit would that serve to the story? And all the first scenes pretty much come from nowhere. Nobody expected to dry hump Emi, get tied up and nailed by Shizune, catch Rin playing with herself...
You do see several of the scenes coming.

Rin´s first erotic scene just feels wired and not in the same way as Hankos, it is just there and it dose not belong anywhere in the game, the second Hisao finds Rin in that situation he should have given her a hug, comforted, made sure she had a shower, (if possible), then put her to bed as she was physically and mentally exhausted. They could have had a discussion as she feel asleep and the next morning Hisao should have made sure she had a healthy breakfast, they could have talked more about what relation ship they actually have but no. Even though Rin is confused over who she is and what she want´s to do the game act´s like she dose not need any help and we are not given a reason to why she is so isolated the story just say´s; her mind is like a different world, and sits on it till the end where it just goes away and everything is fine. And this is sad cause her second love scene, not including the foreplay which was a bit wobbly, is the best in the game, why? Because it is about the character and not the sex act it self, but it´s to little to late and even if the last half hour is really good we should have been there at least halfway through her path, as it stands now its not enough. Rins path is really strong in act1, act 2 and in the last part of act 4, everything else is just... (shrug), sorry.

What you say muliebrity makes sense but I still think it´s not quite right, and would it not be a bit more funny/intimate if we where dating Rin or something similar and she asked us to "help her" whit it? It would have shown the level of trust Rin had in Hisao.

100 posts! YaY! :3
A good writer knows his limits. A great writer finds ways around them.
muliebrity

Post by muliebrity »

Umber wrote:
muliebrity wrote:
Plus, I thought the first scene was really emotive. Can you imagine the frustration of living as a teenager without arms Rin?
FTFY.
Wait, you don't think anyone else similarly limbless would be annoyed at an inability to diddle?
ArcCain wrote:What you say muliebrity makes sense but I still think it´s not quite right, and would it not be a bit more funny/intimate if we where dating Rin or something similar and she asked us to "help her" whit it? It would have shown the level of trust Rin had in Hisao.
We'll have to agree to disagree. Umber said it best, Rin isn't really the type to think about the distinction between dating and not dating. Given the way that whole scene and the aftermath went, I'm of the opinion that Rin was using Hisao, and knowingly.
<Xanatos>: Most certainly, matriarch appreciator.
My hobby: taking Xan quotes out of context.
Unorthodox KS Fanart
I loved every minute of KS, every route.
ArcCain

Post by ArcCain »

Edit: A way that makes it clear they are together then.

I feel that we may soon fall into the "Rin hole".
A good writer knows his limits. A great writer finds ways around them.