-

WORDS WORDS WORDS

Helbereth

Re: Girl Interpreted [Featuring... Girl!] [Updated 10/22]

Post by Helbereth »

Mader Levap wrote:I'm not sure if Karoshi can be in school. Only possibility is very selective memory problems - like he can learn new things in school just fine, but faces and names for some *handwave* reason cannot. Otherwise it would not be any point to his education.
Doomish wrote:the chapter where she gets offered a contract and gets cured in exchange for becoming a magical girl is going to be totally fun to write.
Damn, I heard something like that somewhere already. ;)
Aphasia isn't that detrimental of a condition. It's not like he forgets everything he learns, just that his brain has trouble associating the names. He remembers Girl every time they meet, but forgets her name half the time. He could learn everything there is to know about anthropology, become a doctor of the science and a leader in the field, but, in conversation, never be able to remember the name of his profession.
Doomish

Post by Doomish »

Though actually by that logic he still has a point, because Karoshi doesn't have a physical disability (that I've given him! *generic evil laugh*), and it's established in the game that Yamaku does not accept students that are purely mentally disabled. Now, that could carry over into physicality in a number of ways, but from what we've seen of the character so far, Karoshi's memory trouble doesn't really hinder him all that much. Maybe we will find out more about him someday! And by 'we' I mean 'everyone but me because I already know'.
BlackWaltzTheThird

Post by BlackWaltzTheThird »

Doomish wrote:Though actually by that logic he still has a point, because Karoshi doesn't have a physical disability (that I've given him! *generic evil laugh*), and it's established in the game that Yamaku does not accept students that are purely mentally disabled.
It's been said many times before in many different topics, but the implication of "mental disability" is actually "learning disability" (things like Down's Syndrome, etc). Otherwise Hanako wouldn't be able to enrol. Also, IIRC, one of the cameo characters in the 3-3 picture has Aphasia. I think it was Lelouch.
BlackWaltz's One-stop Oneshot Shop - my fanfiction portal topic. Contains links to all my previous works, plus starting now any new ones I may produce (or reproduce)! Please, check it out!

BlackWaltz's Pastebin - for those who prefer to read things with no formatting and stuff. It's mostly the same as in my thread. Also contains assorted other writing!