Least favorite girl?

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Who is your least favorite girl in Katawa Shoujo?

Lilly
7%
Hanako
9%
Rin
19%
Emi
15%
Shizune
28%
Misha
7%
Yuuko
5%
Akira
No votes
Meiko
No votes
Miki
3%
Sae
5%
Other (please specify)
1%

Total votes: 74

Loonie

Re: Least favorite girl?

Post by Loonie »

Well, Shizune's taken the lead again now. :P Hilariously enough, if you took the results of this poll literally, you'd surmise that Hanako and Lilly are not as cool as Misha is! Misha is da best of all the main arc girls! Wahahaha ~
Enemy |

Post by Enemy | »

Nobody can hate Akira either'
Total Destruction

Post by Total Destruction »

Interesting Statistical Analysis:

The girls drawing the highest amount of hate in this poll also wound up being the most-voted options in the "Favorite Hisao" poll.

Hmmm.

:lol:
... Danger.
Enemy |

Post by Enemy | »

Total Destruction wrote:Interesting Statistical Analysis:

The girls drawing the highest amount of hate in this poll also wound up being the most-voted options in the "Favorite Hisao" poll.

Hmmm.

Except no one voted for Rin on that one.
OtakuNinja

Post by OtakuNinja »

Enemy | wrote:
Total Destruction wrote:Interesting Statistical Analysis:

Hmmm.

Except no one voted for Rin on that one.
I was too busy trying to figure out what Rin said. I didn't pay any attention to Hisao. :lol:
Last edited by OtakuNinja on Fri Aug 31, 2012 10:59 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Emibro, Hanabro, [Lilly Lover], Rin Kin, Feminist, Two-timer
(Passively working on my KS YouTube series. Someday...)
Loonie

Post by Loonie »

Well, yeah, the trend is there, though it isn't all that accurate tbh. If it were moreso on the money, I'd say it implies that, in the minds of the majority at least, the best Hisaos are the ones that had to put up with the biggest bitches. :P

I am sad that Rin's Hisao got no vote though. I knew I prolly shoulda just voted for him over in that thread instead of Emi's.
Zezin

Post by Zezin »

I want to take 8 of Shizune's votes and throw them at Rin.
I really hate Rin.
RevonZZ

Post by RevonZZ »

Zezin wrote:I want to take 8 of Shizune's votes and throw them at Rin.
I really hate Rin.
While I don't hate Rin, I do think Shizune gets way too much flak. I really liked her route; better than the others. Maybe I'm just a sucker for lighthearted stories, but I liked her (and Misha) best as a character and was pleased with how the story eventually unfolded.

People don't like my favorite character. This makes me sad. ;~;
First route: Emi's
Favorite route: Shizune's
ImageImage
ImageImage
yummines

Post by yummines »

RevonZZ wrote:
Zezin wrote:I want to take 8 of Shizune's votes and throw them at Rin.
I really hate Rin.
While I don't hate Rin, I do think Shizune gets way too much flak. I really liked her route; better than the others. Maybe I'm just a sucker for lighthearted stories, but I liked her (and Misha) best as a character and was pleased with how the story eventually unfolded.

People don't like my favorite character. This makes me sad. ;~;
i dont think its that people think Shizune's route is bad per se, just more that other routes are superior.

though i do think Hanako's route is a bit overrated for the story it tells, though i do like Hanako as a character.
Loonie

Post by Loonie »

yummines wrote:i dont think its that people think Shizune's route is bad per se, just more that other routes are superior.
On my recent playthrough, I got the distinct impression that if just a bit more time, effort and care was devoted into the Shizune arc, it would definitely fare just as well as Emi's arc at the very least, if not better since Hisao in Shizune's arc tends to be even moreso relatable. It's a bit of a shame, but still - it does speak well of the writing regardless if it has its advocates pop up on a relatively regular basis.

Also, Zezin lol. We get it, you hate Rin. The first time you mentioned it, we got it. The second time got a little so and so, but okay - this is the thread for this. Now the third time I'm starting to imagine you with the words "HATE RIN" tatooed on your upper and lower teeth as you grit them in hatred. :D Point being - getting kinda creepy, and I'd say that regardless of which girl/character was being hated on.
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

Least favorite main girl...Either Shizune or Emi. Emi's boundless energy would get tedious and Shizune's muteness would wear on my nerves. The lack of voice creates a bothersome disconnection. Couldn't even get fully invested in her route due to no voice to attach to her.
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
<KeiichiO>: "That's a beautiful response to chocolate."
OtakuNinja

Post by OtakuNinja »

Shizunes route was kinda boring, since all you had to do was read. :| But on the other hand, Emi is a sex maniac so she's definitely my least favorite. :P
Emibro, Hanabro, [Lilly Lover], Rin Kin, Feminist, Two-timer
(Passively working on my KS YouTube series. Someday...)
ravenlord

Post by ravenlord »

I had to pick Rin because she was way too random. She is cute and charming in her own way, but she was so far all over the place that I never formed an emotional attachment for her beyond that of what a friend would have. I never felt the romance.

Emi was a close second simply due to the fact that in "bad-ending" Emi she was a brutal witch :P Luckily for her I did her good ending first, and I did it blind and got it via the "second chance" mini arc, so that tipped the scale back into positive territory.

My major gripe with Lilly is simply this :P

Hanako>Shizune>Lilly>Emi>Rin {100% complete}
"痘痕も靨" (If there is love, then smallpox scars are as pretty as dimples) ~ Japanese proverb
Beanwell

Post by Beanwell »

I guess the reason why I think Rin is so awesome is because she's random, and I can relate to her the most. A lot people people don't understand her and thus dislike her D:
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

OtakuNinja wrote:Shizunes route was kinda boring, since all you had to do was read. :|
It's a visual NOVEL. It's nothing BUT reading. :lol:
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
<KeiichiO>: "That's a beautiful response to chocolate."