OC Route - Azumi Maeda (8/6)

WORDS WORDS WORDS

griffon8

Re: OC Route - Azumi Maeda (8/6)

Post by griffon8 »

Eprlide wrote:most have numerous social problems which can include a lack of apathy
I'm sure you must mean something else, as I can't really see a 'lack of apathy' as a bad thing. :P
I found out about Katawa Shoujo through the forums of Misfile. There, I am the editor of Misfiled Dreams.

Completed: 100%, including bonus picture. Shizune>Emi>Lilly>Hanako>Rin

Griffon8's Writing
Eprlide

Post by Eprlide »

griffon8 wrote:
Eprlide wrote:most have numerous social problems which can include a lack of apathy
I'm sure you must mean something else, as I can't really see a 'lack of apathy' as a bad thing. :P
Maybe I got my definition wrong, but I meant as some can't begin/continue a conversation there are some who don't know when to stop, especially when it gets personal/awkward. I meant it in a way that means that the person doesn't take the other person's feelings into account.

Sometimes I do that, so I would know.
"That's the worst, I think. When a secret stays locked within not for the want of a teller but for the want of an understanding ear." -Stephen King

My current fan-fic, Gazing from Different Eyes.

Screw math, learning my moon runes is more important!
Tysan1

Post by Tysan1 »

Eprlide wrote:
griffon8 wrote:
Maybe I got my definition wrong, but I meant as some can't begin/continue a conversation there are some who don't know when to stop, especially when it gets personal/awkward. I meant it in a way that means that the person doesn't take the other person's feelings into account.

Sometimes I do that, so I would know.
That would be apathy. So your definition was correct...but what you wrote was "lack of apathy" which would be the opposite.
Mirage_GSM

Post by Mirage_GSM »

Eprlide wrote:I meant it in a way that means that the person doesn't take the other person's feelings into account.
That would be a lack of empathy.
Emi > Misha > Hanako > Lilly > Rin > Shizune

My collected KS-Fan Fictions: Mirage's Myths
griffon8 wrote:Kosher, just because sex is your answer to everything doesn't mean that sex is the answer to everything.
Sore wa himitsu desu.
Catgirl Kleptocracy

Post by Catgirl Kleptocracy »

Apathy is a complete lack of interest, and it really doesn't fit as used. I think the word you were looking for is 'empathy', which is the ability to understand and share the feelings of other people. You CAN be apathetic towards the feelings of others, but that strikes me more as understanding that you've taken a conversation too far or made it awkward and simply not caring. If they don't realize they've pushed too far or made things awkward for somebody, it would be a lack of empathy, not apathy.
griffon8

Post by griffon8 »

I thought 'empathy' as well, except Eprlide wrote 'apathy and/or empathy' which says at a minimum 'empathy and/or something else that isn't empathy' to me.
I found out about Katawa Shoujo through the forums of Misfile. There, I am the editor of Misfiled Dreams.

Completed: 100%, including bonus picture. Shizune>Emi>Lilly>Hanako>Rin

Griffon8's Writing
Catgirl Kleptocracy

You're right, just re-read the post. It would be apathy if they realized it was uncomfortable and pushed forward anyway, and lack of empathy if they never made the realization that it was going too far. Just wasn't sure if the understanding bit was intentional or not. "Lack of apathy" would seem to me that somebody wouldn't be able to stop caring, even about trivial things, which could very well fit - not as described above, but as a separate issue.
Lumi

Post by Lumi »

I come back to check on this thread and see that it has nearly twice as many replies.

I'm thinking Oh! Lot's of feedback! Yay!

But, it turns out you're all just arguing over the definition of a word...

I'm a writer and artist for the new visual novel project Learn to Be. Check it out!
http://learntobevisualnovel.blogspot.com/
Scissorlips

Post by Scissorlips »

Lumi wrote:I come back to check on this thread and see that it has nearly twice as many replies.

Sorry, sorry, I know that feeling. At least we weren't speculating when your first H-scene will be, ha.
I didn't mean to derail your thread, and I didn't mean to offend anyone here who is living with autism. I just wanted to point out that Yamaku doesn't cater to students with such a condition.

[Pastebin] [Familiarity]
Your troubles shall cease, and you will know peace.

Catgirl Kleptocracy

Yeah, sorry about that =^.^=

I've been posting from my phone all day, and can't really write comments on a story without actually being at a keyboard. Have read, though, so expect a post about your story soon!
Lumi

Post by Lumi »

Scissorlips wrote:
Lumi wrote:I come back to check on this thread and see that it has nearly twice as many replies.

Sorry, sorry, I know that feeling. At least we weren't speculating when your first H-scene will be, ha.
I didn't mean to derail your thread, and I didn't mean to offend anyone here who is living with autism. I just wanted to point out that Yamaku doesn't cater to students with such a condition.
Yeah, it just totally slipped my mind. The mental disability thing.
You didn't derail anything. I was the one who derailed it by getting the idea to start writing ^-^
Catgirl Kleptocracy wrote:Yeah, sorry about that =^.^=

I've been posting from my phone all day, and can't really write comments on a story without actually being at a keyboard. Have read, though, so expect a post about your story soon!
I'm looking forward to your criticism!

I'm a writer and artist for the new visual novel project Learn to Be. Check it out!
http://learntobevisualnovel.blogspot.com/